• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
  • New Evolution ways and Alternative Formes?

Erm, I could have sworn that one was in D/P/Pt xD

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    For Mt. Coronet evolutions, there will probably be an item available at some point in the game that is like a 'Coronet Rock Piece' or somthing like that, that you attatch to the Pokemon to evolve. For shaymin you probably have to wait until you get at some point in Kanto, as Oak mentioned somthing about a similar place to find shaymin in Kanto. You will probably be a Gracedia flower somewhere in Kanto/Johto too for form changes. Eevee will probably have an item just like for Mt. Coronet evos, or rocks placed around Kanto and Johto just like the ones in Sinnoh. There will probably be meteors in Johto/Kanto for deoxys as there were in Vielstone (i think) in Sinnoh. Shellos and Gastrodion will hopefully get new forms for the region, as the pokedex entry said somthing about different forms for each region.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    I heard DPPt and HGSS are compatible (?) so people can just trade those Pokemon over to HGSS. Easy.

And besides, I think they did the remakes is either because:
    a) They wanted GSC Pokemon to be able to trade over to DPPt, since GSC Pokemon can in no way be traded over to DPPt, thus completing the National Dex (or vice versa, I really dunno...);
    or
    b) They just wanted to remake the games. End of story.

Take your pick.

well notice that after they made ruby and saphire they made firered and leafgreen so llook at that pattern there because its
    ruby sapphire.
    fire red leafgreen
    diamond pearl.
    heart gold soul silver

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • well notice that after they made ruby and saphire they made firered and leafgreen so llook at that pattern there because its
    ruby sapphire.
    fire red leafgreen
    diamond pearl.
    heart gold soul silver

Well, you can't quite call it a pattern yet, as it could merely be coincidence. :/

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd call it a pattern as Pokémon is known for making reptition in their work, but then again it is a little too early for a call. Anyway, I'm pretty sure a new Gastrodon forme is possible for the remake seeing as though DPPt has left over coding for it. If it does, then I'd really be glad to see a front sprite of it over a back sprite given from Bulbapedia. Except, I cannot help but think if it'll be available by swarm in the Kanto and Johto or will it be available before the Dex, which I hope not as I'd like the original PokéDex to stay like how it was in the original.

Though, it is stated that Shellos and Gastrodon's appearance depends on their location. So, I'm simply wondering if GameFreak won't be lazy to use the same new Shellos and Gastrodon form in both Johto and Kanto because they are next door regions. Or, will they make them different to support the PokéDex definition of it. It'll definitely be interesting with a new form of Shellos and Gastrodon around though.

Ayselipera

We don't need another Gastrodon form.
    Gastrodon is Gastrodon no matter how
    many different colors they throw on it.
    Instead of wasting time making new
    forms make new better pokemon.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • Probably made so that u can't get them other than through trade. That way DPPt won't be 4gotten and people will keep on playing even after the game comes out.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I wasn't sure about this but was it possible to evolve your Chansey and Evee through happiness in Fr/Lg before the national dex because if it was I think it is very likely the mos rock and ice rock will be in Ilex forest and Ice path

Years
  • How about West/East Gastrodon for Kanto/Jhoto respectively

and dont they the mention about the white rock in Kanto in D/P/Pt?
    because that could be used for alternative forms as the player would have a their national dex

im sure they will include most alternative forms.

Elena

¦:-]
    Years
  • This may be a fourth generation game, but you have to remember that it is a remake of the SECOND generation games. Thus there will most likely not be ways to evolve them at all.
    That's when trading comes in handy.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I just hope they don't have any more stupid baby forms so pointless....

I know they won't give up on baby stages for some Pokémon. Though, you can't expect any new baby stages of Pokémon seeing as the game is a remake and new a new Generation. As, a new baby Pokémon for an older Generation monster is something new, unlike a form, which would be just an alternative.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • I don't know if people pointed this out about the Eeveelution forms, but there are four very easy places they could use to utilise the method of evolution for Glaceon and Leafeon.

For the former, the Ice Cave or Seafoam Islands.
    For the latter, Ilex Forest or Veridian Forest.

As for Probopass and Magnezone; the other location-evolution Pokemon, they could use Mt. Silver as the evolution location.

Granted, this is just assuming that they are including Generation III and IV Pokemon in HG/SS, which would be the case if comparing it to the remakes of Generation I. the only thing I have to say to those who go, "But they weren't in the original release! Neither Eevee nor Magneton evolved in the originals!!"
    - So what? Sevii Islands wasn't in the original release of the Generation I games. Neither was the event with Bill on Cinnabar Island.
    The thought about the evolution locations seems very probable. Likely the best idea here. And as for Generation III Pokémon appearing, we know they do, because of the Kyogre and Groudon thing. :P And it seems likely that Generation IV Pokémon would appear, or else why would they have Arceus OWs and so many correlations with Platinum. I just know these will be better than Firered and Leafgreen. Nintendo will redeem itself in the realm of remakes.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    does the notch-ear pichu count as a alternative form for pichu?

man i hope i can capture that little guy

I don't know if I'd count it as an alternate form of Pichu, but possbily more of a special event Pichu. It is more basically based on a movie with a Pichu who has a little funny ear. A different form of a Pokémon usually go with a basic and obsolete different appearance and most of the time stat changes. For example, Shamin and its Sky forme. Then there is Rotom and it's appliances forms. It really depends on how you define an alternative of a Pokémon. For me though, I'd consider the Pichu more of a special catch over a new forme.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • The notched-ear Pichu doesn't actually have a notched ear in its sprite, just its OW. So it's not actually a different forme at all. I'm not sure, but, since the encounter with the notched-ear Pichu is shown in Ilex Forest, it may be a Celebi event of some sort. Though, I can't imagine what two funny-looking Pichu could have to with Celebi.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
  • I doubt they'll introduce new forms of Shellos and Gastrodon, they're new Pokemon and not fonud in the Jhoto region, and having to make up new forms could be a hassle. As for Pokemon needing places to evolve, I'm thinking they'll either choose places already in the game to suit or make it unobtainable in the game... or maybe they'll have extra islands to fix this?

Back