• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NEW NINTENDO COMING

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
  • I was online seeing if there was a new 3ds or related product there was it was called FUSION DS which was a combo of the 3ds n wiiu. I want ur opinion on what it would be like or a discussion on this

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
    Years
  • Well, from what I've already read of this, Nintendo never officially announced this system, it's just a rumor. Also the specs look... Very unreal, especially with Nintendo's recent budget cuts and loss of profit. And generally the specs of a handheld won't have... Let me just list some of the more ridiculous ones.

- "Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback"
    - "3G Chip with GPS Location"
    - "Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets"

Ok, so that last one is SOMEWHAT plausible with Nintendo trying to move to the cell phone market, but seriously? Most of this is too off to be true.

(For those not knowing what this is, the original post, or at least what I THINK is the original post, of this rumor is here: https://www.complex.com/video-games/2014/01/nintendo-next-gen-console-nintendo-fusion-ds)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • This is nothing but a rumour, but Nintendo probably is working on a new system. Skyward Sword started before Twlight Princess was done, Wii U started right after the Wii.

But heres what you can expect from Nintendo:
    - Better Virtual Console
    - Unified Account System
    - Fitness Support
    - Mobile Apps
    - Better Gamepad support
    - NFC
    - Merger with another company
    -

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Strongly doubt this. And a new console? 3ds is going fine as is the XL, and the Wii U being ditched now would be a terrible idea for Nintendo, really. There's a good few years for each to go at least I'd think.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Nintendo would never announce a new system if their current system isn't even 5 years old yet, so I don't believe this rumor. Also, wasn't the Fusion thing actually a health meter they've revealed during their press room?

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • Strongly doubt this. And a new console? 3ds is going fine as is the XL, and the Wii U being ditched now would be a terrible idea for Nintendo, really. There's a good few years for each to go at least I'd think.

Agreed the stuff mentioned is probably false we no the way its lookin is untrue but technology is evolving n evolving quickly so no one really knows with Nintendo they r amazing they went from gameboy which started in 1989 n now theres a 3ds xl their consoles r amazing Go Nintendo it had something to do with health meter but it could b separate item

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years

That was what killed Sega, remember? They ditched Saturn for Dreamcast, and then suddenly went belly-up because they alienated their most loyal fanbases by giving up on the old system before its time.

No matter how dire straights seem for Nintendo, I'm finding it increasingly difficult that they'll move away from their current systems so quickly. Furthermore, the notion that they're going to start producing mobile games is kind of absurd. Apps are one thing, but Nintendo's too stubborn to turn away from their traditional handheld and console systems to go straight to phones. Frankly, that's the only thing that WOULD make me stop playing their games. I've never enjoyed games on mobile devices or PCs. The gameplay is generally bad or broken, and they're generally made cheaply with a lot of extras that they don't really need.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • GBC and GBA only lasted 3 yrs before the model came out so I would not be shocked if something at E3 was revealed tbh. The 3Ds is where the Wii was in the 7th gen Greatly weaker then it's rival the Vita but at the same time selling better. (wii was weaker then ps3 but sold well)

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • GBC and GBA only lasted 3 yrs before the model came out so I would not be shocked if something at E3 was revealed tbh. The 3Ds is where the Wii was in the 7th gen Greatly weaker then it's rival the Vita but at the same time selling better. (wii was weaker then ps3 but sold well)

Clarify your definition of "weaker," please... Having a bunch of enhanced features doesn't make a console better. IMO, the PS3 was probably worse than the Wii because it focused on having too many add-ons and extras for it, whereas the Wii still focused mostly on games. Granted, the online features for the Wii weren't really that good, but then if you got the system, you knew it really wasn't a competitive console anyways, where the PS3 and Xbox 360 were. Additionally, the PS Vita didn't have nearly as many good games as the DS or 3DS. That's why I passed the system up completely because the selection's so terrible.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    If Nintendo announces a new console this year, I will declare their end inevitable and cry for hours, because that's a terrible business decision, and, as previously mentioned, what killed Sega.

Railgun

Years
  • Clarify your definition of "weaker," please... Having a bunch of enhanced features doesn't make a console better. IMO, the PS3 was probably worse than the Wii because it focused on having too many add-ons and extras for it, whereas the Wii still focused mostly on games. Granted, the online features for the Wii weren't really that good, but then if you got the system, you knew it really wasn't a competitive console anyways, where the PS3 and Xbox 360 were. Additionally, the PS Vita didn't have nearly as many good games as the DS or 3DS. That's why I passed the system up completely because the selection's so terrible.

As in not having HD. Really if the wii had HD I don't think 3rd parties would of shyed away from it and games like GTA and FF would hit it too. Unlike the Wii U the Wii sold well but had no HD. Granted I see what you are saying. The Vita is powerful but the lineup is horrible.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    I don't believe the crap about Nintendo going broke they could buy the moon if they wanted but all that money is probably in a rainy day fund or something where no one can touch it without real need. I think it's a little to soon but it could happen.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • As in not having HD. Really if the wii had HD I don't think 3rd parties would of shyed away from it and games like GTA and FF would hit it too. Unlike the Wii U the Wii sold well but had no HD. Granted I see what you are saying. The Vita is powerful but the lineup is horrible.

To be honest, judging a system based on its graphics capability is one of the most shallow things you can do. I judge by gameplay and story quality more than I ever do graphics (don't get me wrong, I like games that look good, but I generally won't buy them based on that alone). Nintendo's best games have NEVER been about high-end graphics. This is why the Wii sold so much. Everything was family oriented and generally fun to play. That's not to mention that the Wii was the first home console to exploit motion-sensitive technology back in 2006 and Nintendo went well out of its way to promote the hell out of it. In fact, I wasn't able to get the Wii right away because the hype for it was so intense. Sadly, the exact opposite reason is partially why the Wii-U isn't selling so well; it hasn't been nearly promoted as well, and the sales are suffering for it.

Railgun

Years
  • To be honest, judging a system based on its graphics capability is one of the most shallow things you can do. I judge by gameplay and story quality more than I ever do graphics (don't get me wrong, I like games that look good, but I generally won't buy them based on that alone). Nintendo's best games have NEVER been about high-end graphics. This is why the Wii sold so much. Everything was family oriented and generally fun to play. That's not to mention that the Wii was the first home console to exploit motion-sensitive technology back in 2006 and Nintendo went well out of its way to promote the hell out of it. In fact, I wasn't able to get the Wii right away because the hype for it was so intense. Sadly, the exact opposite reason is partially why the Wii-U isn't selling so well; it hasn't been nearly promoted as well, and the sales are suffering for it.

True the Wii had better and more exclusives then 360 or PS3. Sadly a lot were not promoted at all like Crystal Bearers,The Last Story,Zack and Wiki etc. I still play N64 so graphics don't matter to me but sadly it seems it does to the larger amount.

But for a 3DS and Wii U successor to be revealed is not insane. A new handheld could very well come next year with a Wii U successor in 2016. That would mean Wii U was out just as long as Xbox was before the 360 dropped. Most systems get a new version in 4 to 5 years were were just spoiled 7th gen with most systems being 7 or 8 yrs old.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yeah, the "Nintendo Fusion" is the rumored name.

Fusion DS Details

CPU: ARMv8-A Cortex-A53 GPU: Custom Adreno 420-based AMD GPU
    COM MEMORY: 3 GB LPDDR3 (2 GB Games, 1 GB OS)
    2 130 mm DVGA (960 x 640) Capacitive Touchscreen
    Slide Out Design with Custom Swivel Tilt Hinge
    Upper Screen made of Gorilla Glass, Comes with Magnetic Cover
    Low End Vibration for Gameplay and App Alerts
    2 Motorized Circle Pads for Haptic Feedback
    Thumbprint Security Scanner with Pulse Sensing Feedback
    2 1mp Stereoptic Cameras
    Multi-Array Microphone
    A, B, X, Y, D-Pad, L, R, 1, 2 Buttons
    3 Axis Tuning Fork Gyroscope, 3 Axis Accelerometer, Magnetometer
    NFC Reader
    3G Chip with GPS Location
    Bluetooth v4.0 BLE Command Node used to Interface with Bluetooth Devices such as Cell Phones, Tablets
    16 Gigabytes of Internal Flash Storage (Possible Future Unit With 32 Gigabytes)
    Nintendo 3DS Cart Slot
    SDHC "Holographic Enhanced" Card Slot up to 128 Gigabyte Limit
    Mini USB I/O
    3300 mAh Li-Ion battery

Fusion Console Details

GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)
    CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
    Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER
    MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL
    802.11 b/g/n Wireless
    Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
    2 USB 3.0
    1 Coaxial Cable Input
    1 CableCARD Slot
    4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
    Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
    1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
    Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
    Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
    Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage

The m

???
    Years
  • It looks good, but it is not true (possibly).

Why?

The cost of fusion ds especially will be too much! the specs of it beats many high end smartphones of nowadays, which off-contract can cist very much ($500 at least).

Years
  • It looks good, but it is not true (possibly).

Why?

The cost of fusion ds especially will be too much! the specs of it beats many high end smartphones of nowadays, which off-contract can cist very much ($500 at least).

Nintendo would have game licensing revenue to bring the system price down, same as many consoles have done in the past.

Based on the specs it looks like there is a new home console on its way (presumably around 2015 or 2016), with the Fusion DS device basically appearing to be a new iteration of the 3DS (probably also coming out in 2015 or 2016).

I'm not sure now is the best time for them to release new hardware, but I guess they have to look like they're trying to compete for the sake of having something impressive to show their shareholders.

I wonder if this new hardware being pushed so soon will result in a hardware arms race of sorts to keep Nintendo from catching up or if it'll be a situation like the Dreamcast. I do think there's more than enough money going around to keep 3 home consoles afloat, but whether people will be willing to jump to a new system so soon is another story. To bring core players back, they'd have to actually have decent online play comparable to at least the last generation's Xbox Live in terms of interaction and simplicity to be remotely appealing.

Railgun

Years
  • Nintendo would have game licensing revenue to bring the system price down, same as many consoles have done in the past.

Based on the specs it looks like there is a new home console on its way (presumably around 2015 or 2016), with the Fusion DS device basically appearing to be a new iteration of the 3DS (probably also coming out in 2015 or 2016).

I'm not sure now is the best time for them to release new hardware, but I guess they have to look like they're trying to compete for the sake of having something impressive to show their shareholders.

I wonder if this new hardware being pushed so soon will result in a hardware arms race of sorts to keep Nintendo from catching up or if it'll be a situation like the Dreamcast. I do think there's more than enough money going around to keep 3 home consoles afloat, but whether people will be willing to jump to a new system so soon is another story. To bring core players back, they'd have to actually have decent online play comparable to at least the last generation's Xbox Live in terms of interaction and simplicity to be remotely appealing.

So if it the handhelds is out next year (let's pretend) what are the chances of it being shown at E3 this year? I know 3DS and Wii U were shown a year before but Xbox One and PS4 were shown the same year they came out. Not sure what Ninty has been like with other releases and E3 showings.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • If they really are planning out a new console, chances are we're going to see it in E3. But I think it's only rumors because the Wii-U haven't been out for long and already a new console? Maybe some sort of plug-in adapter of some sort that can make 3DS games and Wii-U games work together and play together. Like example, Mario Kart 8 would come on both the 3DS and Wii-U we can hook it up with the adapter so those who got the game on the 3DS can also play simultaneously with the ones who got it on the Wii-U.

Back