• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

Years
  • One thing I also had to say, is it funny that I expected starter evolutions would not be revealed? I heard people speculating it could have been in this trailer but I kinda disagreed with them because of how late they are usually revealed during pre-release.

That is why I'm expecting them either saved for CoroCoro (since you know, starters tied with Rockruff's secret) or for October if they want to leave it very late as usual.

Years
  • well this was certainly interesting, I really like Jangmo-o and cutiefly's probable evolution so that's me pretty much decided on three members of my team. I'm betting that lillie is related to Lusamine since they look so similar, also find the Aether Foundation a bit suspicious they're probably responsible for the ultra beasts in some way. not really a fan of alolan raticate although it is a bit cute. type: null is just...very odd idk how I feel about it right now.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Alolan Raticate.... moving along now.

Really like the new reveals. The names continue the exotic flair that befits the region's real-world inspiration. Aether Foundation is like Team Galactic and Team Flare had a brain child and upgraded fashion sense lol.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Interesting to note that in French, Type: Null is called Type: 0, and Codigo Cero in Spanish (Code Zero), it really looks like it is the name of a scientific experiment.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Also this doesn't confirm these games take place far after Kalos. We were Chibi in XY and there were no teen models, they were either teen/adults or children in most cases. This could be just because the models are different.
    Maybe not far, but it does take place after.

New Pokémon, Ultra Beasts and Alolan Raticate revealed

"This battle reminded me of us in the past...and that group of five young Trainers."

SM taking place some vague time after XY could explain why Dexio and Sina are even in Alola and not helping Sycamore back in Kalos; they found out Zygarde Cells are here for some reason and now they're looking into it. Heck, Sycamore may even be in Alola with them! I hope SM taking place after XY lends to Zygarde's role in the plot/post-game plot.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Maybe not far, but it does take place after.

"This battle reminded me of us in the past...and that group of five young Trainers."

SM taking place some vague time after XY could explain why Dexio and Sina are even in Alola and not helping Sycamore back in Kalos; they found out Zygarde Cells are here for some reason and now they're looking into it. Heck, Sycamore may even be in Alola with them! I hope SM taking place after XY lends to Zygarde's role in the plot/post-game plot.

Never said it didn't take place. I said it doesn't confirm it takes place far in the past.

Someone said doesn't that confirm it takes place far after Kalos with them being grown up? And I simply said it doesn't take place far after Kalos. Or at least it isn't confirmed.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    I'm calling it. 12 ultra beasts in total. 1 for each hour on the clock. The fact that it's UB-01 as opposed to UB-1 or UB-001 or any thing like that could imply double digits.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
    Years
  • I'm so curious about the ultra beasts. Are they catchable? And if what the website description of them suggests holds any truth, then they might be the darkest thing in Pokémon thus far.

Years
  • "This battle reminded me of us in the past...and that group of five young Trainers."

This line from Dexio seems to probably hint where Sun & Moon's place in the timeline are. It's suggesting that it'll take place a few years after X/Y or something along that line.

Apparently, we also had this building shown in the Japanese trailer:
    Spoiler:

Alola battle facility? Or possible return of PWT?

I'm so curious about the ultra beasts. Are they catchable? And if what the website description of them suggests holds any truth, then they might be the darkest thing in Pokémon thus far.

Apparently I heard the Ultra Beasts are not actually Pokemon. On the official website, they are listed under the Alola Region section and not the Pokemon section.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • In that JP trailer there was a shot of a town which had a clothes shop and a haircut salon adjacent to each other. I think this trailer has pretty much confirmed the already obvious return of character customisation.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Apparently, we also had this building shown in the Japanese trailer:
    Spoiler:

Alola battle facility? Or possible return of PWT?
    I'm hoping it is a battle facility but the balloon Hariyama and Machamp remind me of the balloon Pokémon in Super Training... Hm...

Apparently I heard the Ultra Beasts are not actually Pokemon. On the official website, they are listed under the Alola Region section and not the Pokemon section.
    I kind of hope they turn out to just be plot devices rather than actual Pokémon. I mean, it would be cool if we could catch them but at the same time they just seem more appropriate as beings you can't capture and control and then transfer to gen 8 however many years down the line.

In that JP trailer there was a shot of a town which had a clothes shop and a haircut salon adjacent to each other. I think this trailer has pretty much confirmed the already obvious return of character customisation.
    Do you have a screenshot, or remember which of the two Japanese trailers it was in? I really want to see this!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Spoiler:

Looks like that Town on the island next to Melemele.

Well there goes the idea of Alolan Hypno but I'M STILL SCREAMING REGARDLESS. I assume the red sign behind the scissors is the boutique?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Looks like we have a salon, boutique, TM stall, and a herb store. But I really love how these towns look, especially at different times of the day. Seriously hyped for these games after that trailer!!

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • Are these Mega-Bracelets or Z-Bracelets?

If these are mega ones, maybe it could hint at more Mega-Evolutions this gen?

Back