• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    Now thats something that i finally like out of the new pokemon...So cute.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2011
    I like them both. Emonga looks simple, like something from Johto, and Gigaiasu looks sweet. Can't wait to catch it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Look up in the sky, it's a bird, ...it's a plane...No, it's Emonga! /terrible pun

It's so cute though. It's definitely this region's Pikachu spin-off, but I like its concept and typing. It looks like it could have an evolution, but then not, considering Pachirisu didn't get one. Still, so cute. :3

Giga... Yeah, I can't spell his name much less say it right now, but point being I like it. It's probably going to be my second favorite Rock-type; first being Cranidos. If anything, I'll have it on my team to try it out since he looks pretty sturdy. Sturdy...get it? XD; Yeah, terrible jokes tonight, sorry about that D: They should have given it a new generation ability though. That would have made it more original like someone mentioned earlier.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    If its name was Momonga it would make a lot more sense. The Japanese dwarf flying squirrel (Pteromys momonga; Japanese: ニホンモモンガ; Hepburn: Nihon momonga) is a type of flying squirrel.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    The Rock one almost looks like it has a pedo mustache to me...but I love the Flying Squirrel. With it's typing I can only hope for a competitively viable evolution!

Hopefully this bit of news will get the ball rolling and we'll have CoroCoro tomorrow. =D

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Emonga is charming! :3 Like several have said, it definitely reminds me of Pachirisu and a little bit of Pichu. This is most likely generation 5's new Pikachu/Pachirisu electric type. I have no problems with it, I think a flying squirrel is a decent idea, and the design is appealing.

I'm going to have to agree with Zet on Gigaiasu, it looks like both Heatran and Rhyperior. Possibly one of my favorite rock types now as well.

Bay

Years
    Look up in the sky, it's a bird, ...it's a plane...No, it's Emonga! /terrible pun
    No, Emonga is a plane you wished was a shooting star. :P *gets shot for terrible pun too*

Anyways, at first I thought Emonga looked a bit like Mickey Mouse. XD; However, it's quite cute and like everyone else, YES, ELECTRIC/FLYING! XD

As for Gigaiasu, it's nice to see its front side now. :P But yeah, it looks quite cool. Might get that Pokemon in my team if I could catch it early or midway through.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    There's another new one named Darumakka. He evolves into Hihidaruma.
    New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

It's also said that Growth is +1 ATK, +1 Sp.A now so it's much more useful.
    Aaand Shikijika (Grass / Normal) changes forms depending on the season.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years

I love the Hihidaruma prevo and and offensive calm mind? OH GOD NO

Bay

Years

Going by that pic, Darumakka looks a bit like a fiery puffball. O.o Want to see the official art of it first though to get a better look at its design.

The news of Growth does sound interesting and looks like it'll make Grass types harder to defeat if they use that move. And Shikijika's typing is interesting too. Liking again another secondary typing to go with Normal.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023

Day=ruined. I didn't even like Hihidaruma that much but the beanie baby pre-evolution just ruined it now.
    I love the Hihidaruma prevo and and offensive calm mind? OH GOD NO

Calm Mind is Special Attack and Special Defense, this is Special Attack and Attack. Not really Calm Mind like it was in Generation I.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016

Hmmm I can't really make out the picture. A little fire ball? 5th gen is full of surprises. ^_^

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
    Emonga = Pure Win.

I like the baby daruma ape thingy, it's cute. I still haven't warmed up to that rock Pokemon yet though, it doesn't look well thought out.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Wow, it looks like a square pillow. xD;

I'm going to have to get used to this pokémon. I am more fond of the evolution than itself.
    So now Shikijika is kind of like Burmy now. I can't wait to hear more information about this game; let the rush begin.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Aw, the little rodents this generation just get cuter and cuter. Emonga is just plain adorable, and I like that it fits the electric rodent role well.

No set opinions yet on the other Pokemon revealed, though. But Emonga is probably going to go on my team, depending on its attacks (which was what caused me not to use Pachirisu on my in-game team).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hihidaruma's pre-evo looks...strange. I prefer it over its evo though, but that's just not me being a fan of it.

Also;

Spoiler:

Back