• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Game coming Spring 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • Pretty sure it'll be a spin off and we'll all cry and then this thread will whither away into despair because it held the hopes of something great, and in the end, we were disappoint. I want it to be RS remakes, or news about Gray, but I think we're too early in gen V still for Gray to be announced. As for RS remakes, there was an LP I was watching where the LPer made so many points against there even being the possibility of an RS remake that even I started believing it. I wish I remembered what part it was, cause I'd link it. But anyway, I'm going to just say it's a spin off. That way, if it is Gray or RS gen V, then I can jump around and be even happier. Prepare for the worst, and when the best happens, it's even sweeter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'd actually rather it be the next Wii Pokemon game in the style of Stadium or Colo/XD. I'm not looking forward to a lightly rehashed version of B/W (especially since I sold my White back to GameStop the other day) or a R/S remake (all that water and bizarre city ideas combined with the "diminishing returns" experience gains? No thanks). I wouldn't buy any of the crappy spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon either. But a XD sequel game featuring Miror B.? Sign me up!

And I KNOW it's too early for any 6th generation game that would rectify all the flaws in th 5th generation games, so I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    ]I'd actually rather it be the next Wii Pokemon game in the style of Stadium or Colo/XD. I'm not looking forward to a lightly rehashed version of B/W (especially since I sold my White back to GameStop the other day) or a R/S remake (all that water and bizarre city ideas combined with the "diminishing returns" experience gains? No thanks). I wouldn't buy any of the crappy spinoffs like Mystery Dungeon either. But a XD sequel game featuring Miror B.? Sign me up!

And I KNOW it's too early for any 6th generation game that would rectify all the flaws in th 5th generation games, so I'm not even gonna get my hopes up for that.

It's almost as if developers can look back on their previous work and fix their flaws when making new games - to say nothing of new blood joining and rising up the ranks at a studio.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The one time I don't check Serebii

I got really syked after seeing this however I'm not going to build my expectations up as we all know they like to make a big deal even about Spin-Offs so... I'm hoping for Grey or RS remake but..... always possible for a spin-off.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I'm still getting lots of fun out of playing my White version. With all the fun online battling and such, I right now could care less about a new main franchise game coming out. So let them take their time, I don't feel that they need to rush it or anything like that.
    Most Spin off's suck so I never buy them. The last time I bought spin off's were Pokemon Coliseum and Pokemon Snap for the Nintendo 64.

A new main franchise game will be cool but I'm not hanging off of every word that Nintendo or Game Freak says in hopes it's a new pokemon announcement. I got enough patience to wait until they directly say, "Yup we are now officially announcing our brand new main franchise pokemon game."

Years
  • RS REMAKES!!!! Please, Nintendo????

By the way, 2012 is the 10th anniversary year of Ruby and Sapphire in Japan. :)

Yes, he's right. Ruby/Sapphire's 10th anniversary of Japanese release next year.

I'd rather expect Ruby/Sapphire remakes than a stupid spin-off.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well they've already built our hopes up over a spinoff just last month so I doubt it would be another spin-off... this could well and truly be the big one, lets hope for an RS remake hey?

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    Yeah, I really hope it's not just another spin off, they will destroy the fan's hope, they've done that 3 times, looks like GF likes to play with our nerves, lol.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well that's what I mean, I doubt they're going to do consecutive spinoffs, its likely to be a main series game if not then I'd bank on Mystery Dungeon however it is 10th year anniversary of RS in 2012 soo... but then it's also 2 years since BW so it could also be a third game, guess we'll have to wait.

Years
  • My gut says Spin-Off on this one, but who knows? It's fun to speculate what this new game is. Probably a B/W version of Mystery Dungeon?

I have to agree, I'm thinking it's a spin-off and if it is, I'm hoping it's B/W Mystery Dungeon; that's probably the only spin-off I'm willing to play as of now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, I'mma agree with Loggy and Megan. BW PMD seems like the most probable thing at this point. Plus, I think it's fair to say that PMD is the most successful of the Pokemon spin-offs, either with Colo/XD right in front or after it. (I only say after cause there are more PMDs than Colos unfortunately.)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well if Ranger got a third and isn't as popular as Mystery Dungeon then the 4th MD will surely be around soon, besides it's been almost 2 years since the last so now's the perfect timing.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • GAH! Considering that 2012 will be the 10th anniversary of R/S in Japan AND that they already just released a spin-off, HOPEFULLY this will be a R/S remake!!! I'm incredibly excited although Hoenn region was my least favorite region. The story was a bit boring for me, but they did have some great Pokemon and I loved Winona the gym leader of Fortree. I am praying to the freaking god, Arceus, that shines so heavenly in our hearts, PLEASE BE A R/S REMAKE!

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Nope, Poképark Wii 2 was the second game to use the 5th Gen Pokémon models!

What would be the point in releasing them on the 3DS if they weren't to be used on it? I wasn't just talking about the Mystery Dungeon, but also about whatever it is that will be out in Spring(if it's not MD). It would be a little too soon for another Wii game, imo, because we already have Pokepark 2 coming out in...Winter?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think, hopefully we will hear something in the coming weeks.. I'm hoping for the best but not raising my hopes up too high.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Hey guys. What if we're getting hyped for nothing? What if it's...lol another Battrio add on. I remember a while back, there was supposed to be BIG NEWS and it was just Battrio crap.

Years
  • I'd put my money on Pokémon Gray. I see them releasing that before any remakes in order to get it out while the DS is still alive. It seems unlikely they would remake the third edition game for a completely new platform. (which would basically amount to a remake in its own right)

I would further predict that the R/S remakes, if they will exist at all, will be for the 3DS.

Another possibility that jumps into my head as I type this is a Colosseum style game for 3DS. A full 3D RPG, not to replace the traditional 2D RPGs, but to compliment them so they can both co-exist.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hey guys. What if we're getting hyped for nothing? What if it's...lol another Battrio add on. I remember a while back, there was supposed to be BIG NEWS and it was just Battrio crap.

That's exactly why I've learnt not to get my hopes up, although I doubt they would pull another stunt like that but I'm still expecting a relevant spin-off.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back