• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Game coming Spring 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Hey guys. What if we're getting hyped for nothing? What if it's...lol another Battrio add on. I remember a while back, there was supposed to be BIG NEWS and it was just Battrio crap.

Well either way it probably wouldn't matter as, until RS remakes and/or Gray come out, the hyping isn't going to stop.

I'd put my money on Pokémon Gray. I see them releasing that before any remakes in order to get it out while the DS is still alive. It seems unlikely they would remake the third edition game for a completely new platform. (which would basically amount to a remake in its own right)

I would further predict that the R/S remakes, if they will exist at all, will be for the 3DS.

Another possibility that jumps into my head as I type this is a Colosseum style game for 3DS. A full 3D RPG, not to replace the traditional 2D RPGs, but to compliment them so they can both co-exist.

Well if it was Gray, that would explain the Pokedex 3D models in their current state. I'm not saying that it is, but a possibility.

A Colosseum game would seem nice though, but that would seem more for the Wii (U), although it could be for the 3DS(if it was like a remake) or maybe a sequel which would be based on BW?

Either way, we can all agree that we're just curious at this point as to what the game will be.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I am going to say right here and now, if the new game release is Gray, I absolutely refuse to buy it. If it's any kind of spin off that is not the main series, I'm not going to buy it. I will just happily play my White Version with all of the awesome features it has that continue to make it fun.

If they make an R/S remake, cool I'll go out and get it. Sounds fun to play R/S again since I lost my copy of Sapphire and I do miss playing it. If they decide to move on to Generation 6, I'd say it was a bit early and possibly hasty, but nonetheless I'd probably get it.

My point is, why are we worrying about this right now? Just enjoy what you guys have right now. The BW online play is top notch stuff, and I'd say I can be happy with it for about another year before I'm fully tired of it. It's not like the older games where all you could really do was enjoy the main storyline and then fight with your friends through a link cable and then hope to god the next game comes out quickly.
    We have the amazing power of the internet now to extend the fun of the pokemon games. Online Trades, Online Battles, Hundreds of Pokemon to choose from to perfect my team. With these awesome options in Gen 5, I could care less about how soon the next main stream game comes out.

I have patience, so Game Freak, I implore you, take your time on Gen 6 or the R/S remakes, I'm not impatient, just do a really good job to make them awesome before releasing them.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    I am going to say right here and now, if the new game release is Gray, I absolutely refuse to buy it. If it's any kind of spin off that is not the main series, I'm not going to buy it. I will just happily play my White Version with all of the awesome features it has that continue to make it fun.

If they make an R/S remake, cool I'll go out and get it. Sounds fun to play R/S again since I lost my copy of Sapphire and I do miss playing it. If they decide to move on to Generation 6, I'd say it was a bit early and possibly hasty, but nonetheless I'd probably get it.

My point is, why are we worrying about this right now? Just enjoy what you guys have right now. The BW online play is top notch stuff, and I'd say I can be happy with it for about another year before I'm fully tired of it. It's not like the older games where all you could really do was enjoy the main storyline and then fight with your friends through a link cable and then hope to god the next game comes out quickly.
    We have the amazing power of the internet now to extend the fun of the pokemon games. Online Trades, Online Battles, Hundreds of Pokemon to choose from to perfect my team. With these awesome options in Gen 5, I could care less about how soon the next main stream game comes out.

I have patience, so Game Freak, I implore you, take your time on Gen 6 or the R/S remakes, I'm not impatient, just do a really good job to make them awesome before releasing them.

If BW had more to do after the main game(something for continuous play) besides the online stuff, I would agree with you there. I'd rather play with a Frontier, Pokethlon, or something because I'm not too crazy about competitive battling.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2012
    I'm betting on either Mystery Dungeon 3DS, RS remakes or Grey. They're the most likely things at this point in time, unless Game Freak pulls out something new and innovative, but that only happens once in a blue moon.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm betting on either Mystery Dungeon 3DS, RS remakes or Grey. They're the most likely things at this point in time, unless Game Freak pulls out something new and innovative, but that only happens once in a blue moon.

I second that tbh, most likely Mystery Dungeon but could be any of the three really.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • If it's a Battrio add on. I will not be happy. :< I'm hoping for a PMD now, lmao. It's the only spin-off I'll be happy with. Although there was rumors floating around on twitter before that Junichi Masuda felt that the original games were close to him. Maybe he'll finally announce the remakes.

On the other hand, the new game is supposed to be released in Spring. That's not enough to get a new game developed and made, is it? ;-;

Last edited:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    So excited, hopefully the announcements tells it all! :']

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I don't see it being the third game because that would mean 10 months after BW which wouldn't really fit. The beginning of the year could and could not work for an RS remake, I think they would reveal that half way through then release it November 2012. It will probally be another remake i.e Mystery Dungeon.. then again that's just my speculation, it could be anything.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Its gonna be a B&W dungeon, I can tell it is because thats how nintendo works :/ But like others before me if it is Gray or R/S remakes I'll be even happier!

Years
  • I'm hoping it is a Ruby or Saphire remake or the third game, I don't think we need another spin off since the new one just came out. They make a new main game every year so IDK why people think they are going to do something different. :S

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I'm sure that it's a main game, I mean they already announced a spin off and Pokemon
    best wishes season 1 is going to end soon, Also it will be in 2012, after 2 years from black and white.

It's a high possibility that it's the remakes of R/S because if the 3rd game will come in spring 2012 it will be released in the world after 5 months,
    which is still in 2012, the 3rd game usually doesn't come after a year from the American release of the tow main games, like FR/LG it came after 1
    year from the American release of R/S.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back