• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokemon Game coming Spring 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
  • Emerald came two years after RS, and Platinum came two years after DP, so the calendar looks like this for the Japanese releases:

Fall 2010: BW
    Fall 2012: Third version
    Spring 2012-Fall 2013: Remakes (they could really fall anywhere here)
    Fall 2014: Gen VI

The anime seems to be ending its BW arc in spring 2013 at the latest, so something's coming in the next 18 months. We just don't know what it is.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    But they've also come after. There have only been two remakes. FR/LG was released before Emerald, but Platinum was released before HG/SS. That's definitely not enough data to make a call either way, we'll just have to wait and see.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Yep, we just gotta wait and see. If they announce Gray as the next game, then we can pretty much safely assume that the RS remakes will be after it. If the RS remakes are announced as the next game, then we can assume that Gray will be after it. Its pretty much a matter of which one will be next.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Just so that I'm not disappointed, I'm denying the idea of a new game coming out.
    When Game Freak comes out and says, "Hey the next main series game comes out on this date..."
    That is when I will get excited for a new game to come out. Until they specifically do that, I deny any possible unsupported speculation on a new game.

Thus I am happy with what I have right now.

Edit: I also refuse to buy Grey version. I have White version, I am happy with this version and have absolutely no need to buy the exact same game that I bought not too long ago. If they do announce a new game I will only buy it if it's a good remake of an older generation or if it is Gen 6.
    Grey will be a waste of money IMO. (Unless you have not bought Black or White yet.)

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Watch out, both sides might be wrong. They may come out with a new generation 6 game...jk

I think that gray is most likely going to the next installment, but who knows?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I think they're best off with the separation of the remakes in between tbh, marketing wise. After a few years of no Unova, Gray will probably be wanted quite a bit, because most people will have put away their B/W by then and will want the new features more than if they were still playing B/W.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I don't think it'll be a spin-off. Rumble Blast is still too new, I think. I hope it's the long awaited R/S remake, but Gray would be almost equally cool. If it is a new spin-off, it better be a Mystery Dungeon or I'm not going to even acknowledge its existance.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • This is my longish theory.

We will get information on the game in question sometime this month (corocoro) or December at the latest, which IMO will be either a third game or a spin-off. The reason why I don't see it being an RS remake simply because I can't see it happening at the beginning of 2012, something else has much more potential. After this game is released about 4 months later which will be Summer around June/July we will discover information of an RS remake giving them 4/5 months as per to throw out info/pics etc. lining it up for it's 10 year anniversary in November 2012 being released for Japan. The rest of the world following up 6-7 months later Spring 2013 which would make sense assuming they are following the 10 year pattern. Going back to the Spring 2012 release it could be a spin-off (Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum/XD sequel etc) then something major would follow later that year which would most likely be a third version that assuming the game is a spin off, contradicting the RS remake being in 2012. Either that or the whole of 2012 will just be dedicated to one mainstream game of which could be either a Third game or RS remake, only time will tell and I'm looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    Well we should find out within the next few days if they announce it in Coro Coro.. hopefully it'll be either Gray or the RS remakes. If its a spin off it the only one I'll be interested in is a BW Mystery Dungeon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I'm actually hoping it will be a B/W Mystery Dungeon. That's probably the only spinoff I actually like.

Anyways, it still feels early for another main game. To me, it still feels like Black/White just came out (but then again, I completely failed to notice that D/P were almost 6 years old until someone posted a thread about it, so maybe it's just me).

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm actually hoping it will be a B/W Mystery Dungeon. That's probably the only spinoff I actually like.

Anyways, it still feels early for another main game. To me, it still feels like Black/White just came out (but then again, I completely failed to notice that D/P were almost 6 years old until someone posted a thread about it, so maybe it's just me).

It's been over a year since their release in Japan already. :x

Intelligence

The return
    Years
  • I am so sorry to break this to everyone. The game that is coming is a spin-off. How do I know this? Well, my best friend has a friend who lives in Tokyo who has already received news about this game. All I do not know is what spin-off game it is.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Well we've already got Pokepark & Rumble, that's two spin-offs for two platforms (Wii & 3DS) so it's most likely a mainstream but again, just wait & see.

Not really... I could easily say that I know someone who knows someone who works for Nintendo and has confirmed an RSE remake, it's just words from unreliable sources. Until there is an official announcement by GF/Nintendo themselves then... there's no proof.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back