• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokemon - Pyukumuku

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Isn't the symbol on its face the same symbol that appears when you use Fire Blast?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Grass/Water was my initial guess but that soon changed to Water/Poison. It may even lose or gain a typing upon evolution depending on how it evolves and obviously whether it is a single or dual-typed Pokemon.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • From what I can read in this thread, it looks like people gave 4 type suggestions: Water, Poison, Fighting, and Fairy. The most obvious for me is a Water and Poison type, but its name points to a Fighting type as well. I can't see it becoming a Fairy-type, although GF is trying to create more fairy-types, since it's kind of a recent type.

I'm also curious to know what does this thing evolve into? I can't have many ideas, but I hope it still remains similiar to a sea creature.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    This thing is pretty darn adorable! I look forward to seeing how his attacks look if that whole "giant fist" thing ends up being true. Are we assuming this is the supposed Sea Cucumber Pokémon leak then?

Years
  • I can't wait to see this little guy evolve! Though it is a sea cucumber, it also seems to fuse the concept of "sea hare" as it is a nod to a more literal (and cute) bunny design.

Sea Hare:
    Spoiler:

I am excited for the anemone evolution, it will basically look like an angora rabbit, that has spiky fluff! At least that should be what it looks like. Notice how similarly shaped both are? And how the preevolution has the same round shape?

Angora
    Spoiler:

Anemone
    Spoiler:

Definitely will be poison, not sure if necessarily water typing. The reason being, they are venomous! Maybe ground or rock would fit as a second typing? Ideally it will be poison/rock or poison/ground with water absorb since it is sea-dwelling. Grass typing would help resist water, but I just do not see grass/poison as the typing. Though, water/poison would make sense, it does not seem to fit its appearance or function. Lastly, it may just be poison.

Top 5 Guesses
    1. Poison/Rock
    2. Poison/Ground
    3. Poison
    4. Poison/Water
    5. Poison/Grass

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's Kevin!

Who knew that one more new Pokémon from the scans slipped from our radar, let alone one that was part of an important leak?

Years
  • YES! I'm so excited for this. Sea cucumbers are one of my favorite animals. Thank you, GF, for giving me a red panda and a sea cucumber in the same game.

I hope it evolves into something like these:

Spoiler:

I could very easily see a Water/Fairy typing with some of the more colorful varieties, but really I think Poison isn't going to be necessarily its type unless there is already an abundance of Water-types being added.

Sea cucumbers are usually poisonous, aren't they? It might actually be Water/Poison. :s
    Not usually? They have been and sometimes still are used as human food. I've touched some in the wild and they're just gross and slimy but not really that dangerous, but then I wasn't trying to eat it. Normally they just vomit their guts out to confuse predators, but some are poisonous to other creatures in the ocean.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm surprised not many people are mentioning the Fighting typing for Nomakobushi.

I mean the Japanese word for "Fist" is in it's name and the description says it forms a fist from it's insides.

Sounds like a no brainer for it to be part Fighting type.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • I'm surprised not many people are mentioning the Fighting typing for Nomakobushi.

I mean the Japanese word for "Fist" is in it's name and the description says it forms a fist from it's insides.

Sounds like a no brainer for it to be part Fighting type.

Yea same here, like you'd said, its description literally says it makes its insides into a fist, how is that not at least hinting it's a fighting type? Otherwise, it'll have fighting-type moves such as mach punch with physical moves like fire punch.

I don't really see the sea cucumber in it, its more of a sea urchin to a rock for me. Also, relating to the symbol on its mouth mentioned earlier, it could be also a possible alchemy symbol considering the alchemy theme in SM.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • My best guess is Poison/Fighting, which would be cool to get. Could easily see it being Water/Fighting too but I can't see Poison/Water really.

I'm not sure I like it. I think that'll depend a lot on how gross the attack animation is.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Perhaps it is also based on this "sea bunny."

Spoiler:

I like it. I hope we find out what Type it is on the 12th, and also see some in-game footage.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It could have 2 evolution. As I said the name literaly mean Sea Cucumber Fist or Sea Cucumber Warrior.

If it is split, it could be poisons. But I just don't see it being a poison, unless it is split. I still think Fairy/Fighting, Rock/Fighting, or Ground/Fighting may be the typing. Depending on the evo, I could see it becoming Poison/Fighting and Fairy/Fighting. Which would be good counterparts.

Years
  • So there has been some stuff leaked on image boards showing what could be showcased in the trailer due to drop Friday, and one of them is our little puking sea cucumber:

tumblr_obpplcJJ9h1r0i4g3o1_540.jpg

Its English name will apparently be called Pyukumuku (I see what you did with the puking jokes there, translators), is a pure Water-type and has a new ability called Innards Out which fits with the description that it can puke its insides out of its mouth as its way of attacking.

It's not officially confirmed at this moment, but since it was posted on Serebii (who of course, only post info from official sources) it raises the likeliness of being real.

Log

It's your boy Guzma!
    Years
  • So... not fighting or poison type at all? Haha. Was pretty psyched for it to be poison/something, and not just water. Although, I guess there's still hope for any of its potential evolutions.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It puts me in the mind of Silcoon/Cascoon, so I'm actually really curious to see what it's final evolution is, if it does have one.

Back