• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Days
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Hello Kazbeam, and welcome to the forums!
    It is great to see more long time fans of Pokémon join PokéCommunity! I have played since Red too! ^^
    Which starter did you pick back then ? Is it your favourite Pokémon ?
    Hello! That's so great! I picked Charmander at first. Although Charmander holds a special place in my heart I have since adopted Ludicolo as my favorite 😍 Do you have a favorite?

It's Dark for me. I love rollin' a Super Luck Absol with all the STAB crits from Night Slash.
    I respect that!

Hello! Welcome to the site! It seems you've been a Pokemon fan for a long time, what would you say is your favorite Pokemon so far?
    I believe Ludicolo has my top spot. Do you have a favorite?

Years
    Hello! That's so great! I picked Charmander at first. Although Charmander holds a special place in my heart I have since adopted Ludicolo as my favorite 😍 Do you have a favorite?
    I picked Charmander too! Charizard has always been my top favourite since then! A dragon, fire type, winged... so cool! Along with the memories of that first run back then, among other things... What makes Ludicolo your favourite ?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    @KAZBEAM Just thought I'd let you know I merged your replies together since they were all in a row, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is just hit the 'Reply' button on any posts you want to respond to at once! (y)

Days
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    I picked Charmander too! Charizard has always been my top favourite since then! A dragon, fire type, winged... so cool! Along with the memories of that first run back then, among other things... What makes Ludicolo your favourite ?
    Great minds think alike! It's a great pokemon line, no doubt! As for Ludicolo, it's basically becuase Hoenn is my preferred Gen and I love the Lotad line. Ludicolo is always depicted as goofy and wild and I just love that. 🤣

New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

@KAZBEAM Just thought I'd let you know I merged your replies together since they were all in a row, but all you need to do to reply to multiple people at once is just hit the 'Reply' button on any posts you want to respond to at once! (y)

That's great advice! Thank you for that!

Years
    Great minds think alike! It's a great pokemon line, no doubt! As for Ludicolo, it's basically becuase Hoenn is my preferred Gen and I love the Lotad line. Ludicolo is always depicted as goofy and wild and I just love that. 🤣
    It sure is!
    My second favourite Pokémon is from Hoenn's generation (you might easily guess which Pokémon ^^)! Beautiful, cool, psychic, black holes, ... and what helped was seeing it made into an important character in a fan game I played!

Years
    Hmmm... I wonder if it could be Gardevoir? 😄🙌

What fan game are you referring to though?
    Reborn! It is quite hard though, with top level battles and hairpulling puzzles. One character in it is a Gardevoir who is the TV star of Reborn's region, and is involved in several parts of the story events. It also has several interview parts the player can read by checking a TV between each badge. This character is what inspired me to come to PokéCommunity!

Days
    • He/Him
    • USA
    • Seen May 29, 2024
    Reborn! It is quite hard though, with top level battles and hairpulling puzzles. One character in it is a Gardevoir who is the TV star of Reborn's region, and is involved in several parts of the story events. It also has several interview parts the player can read by checking a TV between each badge. This character is what inspired me to come to PokéCommunity!
    That is so cool to hear! I will have to try it out. I'm already glad I found this community!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    didn't wanna make my own thread as I can't really commit to any longterm activity atm, but I am back for now! will try to be around and a lil active when I can while I'm on here at least!
    so glad to see this site still here, and still attracting new members too, incredible!
    hello ole trusty PC!

Years
    didn't wanna make my own thread as I can't really commit to any longterm activity atm, but I am back for now! will try to be around and a lil active when I can while I'm on here at least!
    so glad to see this site still here, and still attracting new members too, incredible!
    hello ole trusty PC!
    Hello Hack, and welcome back to the forums!
    What parts of Pokémon related stuff are you into ?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    hello ole trusty PC!

Hello there and welcome back to the PC! Always cool to see older members checking in!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Hello Hack, and welcome back to the forums!
    What parts of Pokémon related stuff are you into ?
    hello! most really! at least to some extent! I'm probably most likely to hang around the fan game/rom hacking sections, but literally anything could pique my interest here really!
    Hello there and welcome back to the PC! Always cool to see older members checking in!
    thank you, nice to meet u both!

Years
    hello! most really! at least to some extent! I'm probably most likely to hang around the fan game/rom hacking sections, but literally anything could pique my interest here really!

thank you, nice to meet u both!
    Neat! About fan games, have you tried Solar Light - Lunar Dark ? Zeta / Omicron ? Insurgence ? Also, Reborn (if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles) ?
    These are great games!
    It is nice to meet you too!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Neat! About fan games, have you tried Solar Light - Lunar Dark ? Zeta / Omicron ? Insurgence ? Also, Reborn (if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles) ?
    These are great games!
    It is nice to meet you too!
    thanks for the recs! I'll have a look! It had actually been a while since I'd played any! Atm I wanted to find a decent Diamond/Pearl/Platinum improvement patch type hack to play through, close to vanilla just with QoL stuff, every mon available, no trade evos that kind of stuff, idm new content either as long as it fits in and doesn't look too out of place. I've actually been looking for the "recommend a rom hack" thread or w/e it was called to post this in, but I absolutely suck at navigating this site now lmao.

edit: I found the recommendation thread, but I couldn't find the hacks you rec'd threads yet, when I search mostly a bunch of threads of u recommending them come up! :p maybe some aren't on PC?

Last edited:
    Years
    thanks for the recs! I'll have a look! It had actually been a while since I'd played any! Atm I wanted to find a decent Diamond/Pearl/Platinum improvement patch type hack to play through, close to vanilla just with QoL stuff, every mon available, no trade evos that kind of stuff, idm new content either as long as it fits in and doesn't look too out of place. I've actually been looking for the "recommend a rom hack" thread or w/e it was called to post this in, but I absolutely suck at navigating this site now lmao.
    Insurgence is my personal favourite, with many areas to explore, 6 generations of Pokémon not to count hundreds of Delta Pokémon! Also, in this game, all Pokémon can evolve without the need to trade online, though there is a useful Discord server for Online stuff if needed!
    If you want to link to a ROM hack of yours, it will be in the ROM hacks showcase section. I do not know about the specifics though, you might need to ask the section's moderators and check the rules.

Feel free to ask if you need help with navigating the forums!

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    Insurgence is my personal favourite, with many areas to explore, 6 generations of Pokémon not to count hundreds of Delta Pokémon! Also, in this game, all Pokémon can evolve without the need to trade online, though there is a useful Discord server for Online stuff if needed!
    If you want to link to a ROM hack of yours, it will be in the ROM hacks showcase section. I do not know about the specifics though, you might need to ask the section's moderators and check the rules.

Feel free to ask if you need help with navigating the forums!
    thanks I'm keeping my eye out for the ones you recommended! If you have any links for them handy that would save me a lil clueless navigating but nw if you can't I'm not minding browsing around the forums either! :)

Back