• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • ^That's what the NUH is all about. It's a great place to get to know other newbies, say hi to veteran members, and get to know the staff who frequently post here in this thread. It's an easy way to make friends. Also, don't be shy to say hello! Saying hello to someone can change everything and can open a door to a whole new level of friendship. :)

Years
  • Like what was said just above, we have the New Users Hangout as a purpose to serve as a Daily Chit-Chat thread while also being a place to introduce yourself, and you can make some really good friends through the thread.

And with more friends, you can be sure that you'll want to stick around and continue enjoying PC as a community.

pkmin3033

Well, thus far everyone I've spoken to has been very welcoming...I've not spoken to too many people, admittedly, but nonetheless...it's a nice atmosphere on here I think <3

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2018
    Hello PokeCommunity

I has just made my account, and I will be joining you all. It seems really nice here and interesting. But a few things were confusing.

1 Where can I post Ideas/Story for a ROM? I have a basic story line planned out, and plenty of ideas, but no idea where to Post them, because all of the ROM sub-forums have restrictions like 15 screenies. I am nowhere close to that.

2 where can I get help for ROM hacking. I have some ambitious ideas, with NO idea how to implement them. I know there are some VERY talented hackers here, who have made some amazing hacks. I've heard this is the best ROM community on the net.

3 How can I post images? It won't let me.

Thank you all. I look forwards to joining your community.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Guess I'll make myself known here...try and make some friends, since I'm too shy/nervous to just randomly PM/VM people. It's tough being new. xD

Anyways, hello all! I'm Zeria, and...I suck at these intro things. I was never good at icebreaker activities at school either; I'd just sit in the background and watch. xD

Hello! Welcome to this place here. I'm kind of like a newbie myself, as I have had HUGE bursts of inactivity and have only recently returned. So I don't really know much about the community. But still, it's probably the most interesting and intelligent place I could find thus far. (I tend to get bored of forums easily due to the lack of substantial and intelligent posts.) So there you go, an outsider's point of view for you!

Hope you like it here and have fun and don't disappear off the face of the earth! (Like I did) Us awkward people have to stick together.

pkmin3033

Hello! Welcome to this place here. I'm kind of like a newbie myself, as I have had HUGE bursts of inactivity and have only recently returned. So I don't really know much about the community. But still, it's probably the most interesting and intelligent place I could find thus far. (I tend to get bored of forums easily due to the lack of substantial and intelligent posts.) So there you go, an outsider's point of view for you!

Hope you like it here and have fun and don't disappear off the face of the earth! (Like I did) Us awkward people have to stick together.
    It DOES make a nice change to find a forum whose activity is not centered entirely around the games section, right? I mean, there IS an active games section here, but other parts are active as well. But then, I'd guess that's because Pokemon is a very large, very active fandom...as much as people in real life might like to pretend it isn't. xD

Indeed! Although, in my experience, if you put two or more awkward people together one of two things happens: they either both realize how awkward the other is and strike up a conversation, or don't and the silence gets thick enough to drown in. It depends on the age of the people in question and the setting, I think. It'd make a fascinating study...ahahaha.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • ^eeep. I know how that feels. D: but look at the bright side...it could be awkward, but it can be less awkward if you talk about any interests you may have in common. Here at PC, it's Pokemon we have in common with, and it's a broad subject. Explore with it!~

Welcome to those that recenty joined! Did y'all make an intro thread yet?

Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2023
    'Sup, PC. I'm PKMN Trainer Soul. I am a huge Pokefan since I was about 4 years (currently I'm 15). I love everything about Pokemon game and manga universe, the anime is not my thing, though. Aside from this, I love reading books and manga, drawing normal pictures and some simple pixel art, and playing video games. My dream is to become a part of a GBA/GBC ROM hack project. Well, that's about it.

Years
  • 'Sup, PC. I'm PKMN Trainer Soul. I am a huge Pokefan since I was about 4 years (currently I'm 15). I love everything about Pokemon game and manga universe, the anime is not my thing, though. Aside from this, I love reading books and manga, drawing normal pictures and some simple pixel art, and playing video games. My dream is to become a part of a GBA/GBC ROM hack project. Well, that's about it.

Hey there Soul, and yay for more Pokemon fans!

PC is sure to cater towards all of your interests. For starters, there's the ROM Hacking boards where you can create hacks, join hacking projects or even discuss hacking in general. You might also love the Video Games section if you are interested in discussing about gaming, or since you're a pixel artist, there's also Art & Design which is definitely one you should visit because we'd love to see your artwork. And there's also the various Pokemon sections for discussing everything about the Pokemon franchise.

So much stuff you can do here, yeah? Anyways have fun with us and contact a staff member if you need any help with getting around or just want to understand a section's rules. I'll see you around the forums, Soul!

- Hikamaru

Bigjon357

https://discord.gg/HAXrq78
    Years
  • So i want to be the very best..like noone ever was.....yes we've heard this all before now it time for my test!
    Im Bigjon357 A pokemonY version trianer that has currently begun his quest for greatness in The kalos regoin.
    I battle /trade/ skype/ own a website for gamers(signature below) got a question please mesage me. if im not on skype then im doing something else atm and cannot battle/trade ect.

Dandelien

Tobacco is my favorite vegetable!
    Years
  • Hi everyone who's new how ya'll doin?

Is there anyone who's been 'ere a while and could tell me where I should post to talk about move sets 'n stuff?

Years
  • Hi everyone who's new how ya'll doin?

Is there anyone who's been 'ere a while and could tell me where I should post to talk about move sets 'n stuff?

Oh I'm doing really well, Dandelien! Hope all's going well on your end too.

If you're looking for where to ask questions about competitive battling or get advice on movesets you'll want to look at the Battling & Team Building board for that. We have a lot of skilled battlers who are happy to give you advice and help improve your team. You'll definitely enjoy the company over there no problem!

And I hope you can stick around with us and if you need help you can always ask any staff members in the bolded usernames. They are there to help you for a reason, and they won't hurt you. Okay, see you for now and good luck!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Hi there everyone! Whats up? I am playing pokemon x and just got ready to start trying to get the 2nd gym badge :)

Dandelien

Years
  • Thanks very much :D Am happy to see so many friendly helpful people!

And hi sleecin what Pokemon are you using at the moment?
    So what's everyone upto? I've been playing this ROM called Pokemon Snakewood recently on my long train journeys, it's a kind of zombie Pokemon? It's really funny... I recently walked past the severed head of a Pikachu on a stick! I also looted a zombie and took its liver.

I didn't actually play X and Y but I'm getting a 3DS especially for Omega Ruby super exited :) I'm going about planning a team at the moment it's going to have to be Blaziken for me. What's your favourite Hoenn starter? I don't like that many Pokemon that aren't from Kanto 'n Johto I know that sounds really awful! I'm sorry, I will probably never use a gen 6 Pokemon :') but you can try persuade me...

My sister paid me with bong hits to make all her Pokemon love her on Y so I played hours and hours of head it my high score is 706 :') it's intense man. Lucario was well salty I think he took the most Poke puffs. This is what I'm doing instead of my coursework gahh I should stop!

Years
  • Hi there everyone! Whats up? I am playing pokemon x and just got ready to start trying to get the 2nd gym badge :)

Well I hope your playthrough is going well, Daniel!

If you have any questions about X & Y don't hesitate to post in the X & Y board's Quick Questions & Answers thread where other members playing the games, or just know a lot about the games, will always be happy to assist you!

Thanks very much :D Am happy to see so many friendly helpful people!

And hi sleecin what Pokemon are you using at the moment?
    So what's everyone upto? I've been playing this ROM called Pokemon Snakewood recently on my long train journeys, it's a kind of zombie Pokemon? It's really funny... I recently walked past the severed head of a Pikachu on a stick! I also looted a zombie and took its liver.

I didn't actually play X and Y but I'm getting a 3DS especially for Omega Ruby super exited :) I'm going about planning a team at the moment it's going to have to be Blaziken for me. What's your favourite Hoenn starter? I don't like that many Pokemon that aren't from Kanto 'n Johto I know that sounds really awful! I'm sorry, I will probably never use a gen 6 Pokemon :') but you can try persuade me...

My sister paid me with bong hits to make all her Pokemon love her on Y so I played hours and hours of head it my high score is 706 :') it's intense man. Lucario was well salty I think he took the most Poke puffs. This is what I'm doing instead of my coursework gahh I should stop!

Ah I've heard of Snakewood, that's one of the several well-known hacks PC became famous for and why so many join for its ROM Hacking boards every day so happy to see you enjoying it.

I'm sure you can get around to playing X & Y so you can learn the 6th Gen mechanics as a preparation for OR/AS where it's going to be very different to their original GBA counterparts. As for my fave Hoenn starter, nothing can beat dem Mudkipz! I love my Water-types hehehehe. But I do understand struggling to like newer-generation Pokemon given all the nostalgia that comes from 1st & 2nd Gen, but over time you may find some faves like I have countless times. And your sister enjoys Pokemon Amie a lot, that happens to be my fave feature in X/Y so I'm happy it's going to be carried over to OR/AS as well.

And yeah no problem, Dandelien! I'm always happy to show new faces around. Hope you continue enjoying PC and make some new friends along the way!

- Hikamaru

Dandelien

Years
  • Haha! I don't know if I will play it, there seemed to be a lot of holding hands and watching fire works it's not really my style ;) Actually when I first played Pokemon amie I thought it was a ridiculous feature but now I love it! It's so nice to give your favorite Pokemon a little pat and feed it a cupcake! I wish I was a Pokemon... Actually I'd prefer not to take a flamethrower to the face...
    Mudkip is amazing I love the Water/Ground type !

I liked few Pokemon from Diamond and Pearl tbh, but Lucario and Darkrai are two of my faves now! I so want a Darkrai how would I get him?

I'm actually interested in Dragalge that poison dragon type, I really dig his design

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I freaking love Pokemon-Amie! Playing with my wonderful Meganium on amie is the most amazing ever. However, Florges is the most adorable though! She's just so sassy and all! <3

Hope you are enjoying PC, Dandelien! :)

Years
  • Hey guys! How is everyone's day? 8D

I love Pokemon Amie too though omg. So fun to play with my Pokemon and have more ways to interact outside of battles, though I do wish we had more minigames. :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back