• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

next year, people born in 1970 will be 50

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • i checked someone's id the other day and their birthday was in 2005 i was like shouldn't you be in a crib i

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Seeing all of the people you know getting married and/or having kids.

this is something that always blows me away for some reason, it doesn't make me feel old, though, LMFAO

----

Things that make me feel old?

Seeing little kids on cellphones, it makes me go, "back in my day, when I was this kid's age, I didn't HAVE a cellphone..."

& The fact there are people who replied in a tweet about Mean Girls saying they were "non-existent" or "in the womb" when it came out. There are people out there who were born after Mean Girls came out, and that makes me feel old af for some reason.

and the fact people that were born in at the beginning of this century are now starting to become adults. I remember when I had just become an adult, now that feels like a million years ago.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I guess this is an internet-specific old people thing but today I saw a video that used caramelldansen as the background music and saw someone in the comments ask what the name of the song was.

Years
  • I turn 30 this year, so anytime someone mentions 1989 I'm like "that's 30 years ago!" and go "wait shit".

In January, I will have lived in the same apartment for 10 years.

My sister's oldest kid is 10 now. The kid that was like 3 years old when my stepbrother started dating his now-wife is now out of high school.

I've gone from a having a great-grandma, 2 sets of grandparents, and an extra grandma during my childhood, to just having a single grandma left alive. :(

In way less depressing news, I thought 2023 was a long ways off when I wrote fanfic in 2004 and now it's only 4 years away... y i k e s

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    The fact that when I joined PC I was in y8, now I'm in University and 24. And also I'll be 25 next year and 5 years away from 30 - that's a lot to take in for me oof

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Being a moderator of a Pokemon forum has never failed to remind me of my age.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Seeing a tweet that was like "how old were you when Mean Girls came out?" and seeing some people in the replies say "I wasn't even born yet" or like "non existent years old" really took me out.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The fact that my mother will be 50 next year! The fuck!

My mom is..68 lol
    And my dad is 62

I always feel old whenever I sign on to social media and everyone is in their early 20's or younger and I get called "Old as fuck" or some shit. Like 29 isn't that old have they ever seen a senior?

Back