• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • cmatz0 said:
    i still think it looks pretty cool. i just think the problem was that people has too high expectations for it, esp. in the looks aspect, because it does look really cool. and yeah, the more i look at it, the cooler it gets

The download thing is a perfect example of that nintendo innovation i was talking about, and its something sony and microsoft will never be able to match. Nintendo may attract its own crowd, but its because it has earned them with ideas like this. Good to see another vigilate8 fan out there, too - that game RULED!!!

And about the banner, oops, i didn't see it there. It rules, though.
    Nintendo is the one that comes up with new stuff. I mean the N64 was the first to have 4 controller ports. The DS was the first to have a touch screen as well as two screens (there were a few other handhelds out there back in the days of the Game Boy). And so on. This is no different.
    I haven't heard anything on the controller ports but I hope the Revolution will have more then 4 (an even 8 would be good, I know there isn't much use for it but at leas it still blows away the PS3's 7 controller ports XD).

cmatz0 said:
    And about the banner, oops, i didn't see it there. It rules, though.
    Thanks.
    Maybe you should replace the thread banner with the Revolution button, and maybe put the Revolution button next to your DS Fan Club button (because your sig is kind of big).

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
  • I don't think that the Revolution looks too bad at the moment, though I can see why others don't liek how it looks. I do think it looks a bit goofy though when its standing up, so I would just lay mine flat. XD I also like its variety of colors. I think I'll even consider a white one as they showed in a picture.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I think I'll be sticking with the black one. XD

Oh for you that haven't seen the new pics of the Rev then here they are.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    I haven't heard anything on the controller ports but I hope the Revolution will have more then 4 (an even 8 would be good, I know there isn't much use for it but at leas it still blows away the PS3's 7 controller ports XD).
    I origionally heard that it would have 6 controller ports on one site, and 8 on another. and if not, at least the Revolution doesn't look like a refrigerator (i saw a hilarious pic where someone photoshoped the ps3 and made it swing open all the way just like a refrigerator) and at least the controller hopefully won't look like a boomerang (the ps3 controller looks horrible, and doesn't look to comfortable to hold)

Arcanine said:
    Thanks.
    Maybe you should replace the thread banner with the Revolution button, and maybe put the Revolution button next to your DS Fan Club button (because your sig is kind of big).
    Sorry, i've been meaning to change that.

EDIT:
    YAY!!!!! You made me co-owner! i have an official position now!!! my life is complete!!!

Btw, i think that the GBM design is really sweet, its just a shame that its pretty much useless, because i really do like the look, and i hope they make the next portable designs cool like that (but maybe a bit bigger).

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • cmatz0 said:
    I origionally heard that it would have 6 controller ports on one site, and 8 on another. and if not, at least the Revolution doesn't look like a refrigerator (i saw a hilarious pic where someone photoshoped the ps3 and made it swing open all the way just like a refrigerator) and at least the controller hopefully won't look like a boomerang (the ps3 controller looks horrible, and doesn't look to comfortable to hold)
    I just hope they didn't mean 8 ports counting the GC ports. I hope the Revolution had 8 controller ports as well as the GC ports.

cmatz0 said:
    Btw, i think that the GBM design is really sweet, its just a shame that its pretty much useless, because i really do like the look, and i hope they make the next portable designs cool like that (but maybe a bit bigger).
    Yea the GBM is a little too small. I just hope Nintendo remembers that smaller isn't always better.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • yeah, even though small may make it easier to carry around, if its too small then it may become too fragile or too small for some people's hands. there is a fine line between "cool small" and "too small", one which i think the gbm has crossed (though i still say the design is frekin sweet; not necessarily the layout, but the overall shape and look)

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
  • im not sure how many revolution controlers you can plug in but you can plugh 4 gamecube ones into one of the sides. i might get the black or silver and i doubt the yellow one will sell the least.

btw what games are you going to download? im going to download: super mario rpg, mario kart 64, all my snes games, and a few others.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • how can you download old games without having Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on the list? lol, jk. I will definately get those, plus Vigilante8 2:Second Offense, Goldeneye, some of the origional Zelda's on SNES and NES, the Yoshi n64 game, and a bunch of others that i can't remember now. That is one of the coolest features - plus, when people were brainstorming possible features, notice how no one even though of that - people didn't even think it was possible (again, a tribute to the true creativity and innovativeness of Nintendo that i just can't get over).

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • cmatz0 said:
    yeah, even though small may make it easier to carry around, if its too small then it may become too fragile or too small for some people's hands. there is a fine line between "cool small" and "too small", one which i think the gbm has crossed (though i still say the design is frekin sweet; not necessarily the layout, but the overall shape and look)
    On top of that everyone will think that if it's smaller then it won't be as good as a larger system (kind of the opposite now days because if you remember the SNES wasn't a small system, the game carts wasn't small. But check out the GBA, it's far far better then the SNES and it's way way way smaller. Laptops now days are smaller and more powerful then laptops 5 years ago etc). To get more into the system you might have to make it a little larger, but still larger isn't always best.
    But most people thinks that the larger the system the better graphics, the more speed, and over all better system. But for some odd reason Nintendo forgets this, and makes systems smaller and smaller. And the first thing that comes to mind is "Well the PS3 and the XBox 360 is more powerful because it's larger then the Revolution". Nintendo is so dead set on making the smallest system out there but forgetting how the minds of most people works (more like kids, because a lot of kids want the largest system. The larger it is the more WOWs from friends). They should think "Size isn't a matter" and just add lots of more stuff to make it more powerful and make the games look better. From what I've read the the Revolution is 2 or 3 times as powerful then the Game Cube. Where the XBox 360 is like 14 times if I remember right. And the PS3 is 35 times more powerful then the PS3. I know the specs on the Revolution isn't out yet, but from what they said it doesn't make them look good.
    I know I'm ranting but here is my point.
    Nintendo needs to get away from thinking smaller is better, the smallest game system out there isn't going to get you to first in the gaming market. I would be happy to have the Revolution the size of the PS3 if it was as powerful as the PS3 (I was really hoping that Nintendo would come out with the Revolution more powerful then anything else that's out there, then the Sony and Microsoft fanboys and girls can't say anything about the Revolution being lower then the PS3 and the 360). Reports have it that the Revolution might be close or even good as the XBox 360 on specs. So we can only hope for the best that Nintendo gets their head out of their butt and listens to people out here (they are not going to buy the system, we are). The internet thing is a great great idea. And it will most likely level the playing field and might even give an edge for Nintendo. They need to think up ideas that's new and will shock people when they hear about it (I was shocked when I read that the Revolution will be able to download the games from the NES, SENS and the N64).

neomon said:
    im not sure how many revolution controlers you can plug in but you can plugh 4 gamecube ones into one of the sides. i might get the black or silver and i doubt the yellow one will sell the least.

btw what games are you going to download? im going to download: super mario rpg, mario kart 64, all my snes games, and a few others.
    Yellow did get the least amount of votes on GameSpot's poll.
    Me I'm going to download Majora's Mask, both Vigilante 8 games, maybe some of the old Zelda games, the old Final Fantay games others I got to look up as well as all my old N64 games if I can save them to the Revolution memory card thing.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    A new SSB game will be out for the Revolution and the DS. So what does everyone hope the games will have?

Hmmm... well... the SSB game for DS I think will have some better graphics than the ones in the N64 one. Until now some games for the DS have the same graphics as the N64 (I repeat... SOME). And the SSB game for the Revolution... I can't wait to be fighting again with Link and Pikachu XD. And with better graphics than ever! XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I hope the SSB for the DS will be online. It would be great if it was.
    And the one for the Revolution will be online. I can't wait to play online and battle other people on the internet (I can't wait to battle PC members).

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't had time to come visit PC lately! Glad this club is doing well! =3

Paul's Question:
    What site do you use to get the latest E3 Information?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • neomon: You sure? I mean I could beat 3 level 9's on SSB and SSBM back in my day (I haven't played SSBM in some time but I can get back into it real easy). XD

Paul: I go to GameSpot. I joined there to get downloads on trailers etc. And IGN just takes way way way too long to load on dial-up.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • Paul: I go straight to the source, www.e3insider.com - it has video tours (which are great), latest news, and images over EVERYTHING displayed at e3.

OK, here's what i think about this whole "smaller" issue:
    I definately agree with Arcy in saying that i would rather have a larger size in exchange for more power. However, there is a certain point when you use more power than necessary, and make the console larger for the unecessary power. the xbox360 is a great example of that. they say you can pretty much use it as a computer, and the model that does that will be quite large. BUT WHY?!?! its not like its that portable, so why not just go in the next room and get on your computer? you have to transfer the files to the xbox from your computer, so why bother transferring it at all (so that you can watch movies on your xbox that you already have on your computer?). So yes, i would sacrifice size for power, but if you can harness a NECESSARY amount of power in a smaller size, thats all the better. Now of course, without the specs being released, i can't say whether Nintendo harnessed the necessary amount of power, especially conisdering they haven't said which aspect of the rev. is 3 times more powerful that the gamecube - processor, video card, sound card, etc. So that may be a little misleading. Overall, i have been pleased with nintendo so far, and their "gaming comes standard; extra features can be added on" approach (for example, with the PSP [just an example], it comes at $100 more because it can play movies, pics, songs, UMD movies, etc, which is great, but not everyone will utalize those features. So nintendo just has the hardcore gaming features comes standard, and then releases the "extra" features in add-on hardware [like the DS media player]. This is great for those who just want the gaming, but also satifies those who like nintendo but also want the extra features). Of course everything we say so far is speculation, but from what i have heard, as long as it keeps up "to standard" in relation to the other systems, i don't care if it is smaller and sacrifices the ability to be used as a frekin computer. but thats just my stand.

In other information, the Revolution will have a small hard drive (512 megs, if i remember correctly), but is to have graphics close to that of the ps3 and xbox360. also, i was watching g4, and the nintendo manager of sales released this "hint" of the revolution's controller: "Well, over the years, Nintendo has had many controllers, and they have all looked and worked very different. So here's what i can tell you: think of how we could make all those controllers come together and work to play all the games over the years. This is all i can tell you until we show it." So based on this, what do you guys think?

Finally, since SSBM DS is just in the works, i believe it will be online, because if they haven't realeased its name on the upcoming list, it will be released after the DS goes online, giving me reason to believe it will be online. and sure i'll play you all, but i'll probably get killed (its been so long since i've picked up SSBM, but i used to be pretty good).

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
  • ^Interesting quote about the controllers, but it kind of confuses me. The first Nintendo (I think) had only a D-pad, start/select buttons, and a/b buttons. So throughout the generations they have added buttons such as R/L, analog stick, y/x, etc. So if this new controller ultimately is just a combination of past controllers. wouldn't it be just like the current Gamecube one? (Sorry if I'm not making any sense here) XD

I mean I could beat 3 level 9's on SSB and SSBM back in my day

^Level 9's are super mega easy. No offense, but by the sound of it so far, I could be all of your butts in SSBM. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • cmatz0 said:
    OK, here's what i think about this whole "smaller" issue:
    I definately agree with Arcy in saying that i would rather have a larger size in exchange for more power. However, there is a certain point when you use more power than necessary, and make the console larger for the unecessary power. the xbox360 is a great example of that. they say you can pretty much use it as a computer, and the model that does that will be quite large. BUT WHY?!?! its not like its that portable, so why not just go in the next room and get on your computer? you have to transfer the files to the xbox from your computer, so why bother transferring it at all (so that you can watch movies on your xbox that you already have on your computer?). So yes, i would sacrifice size for power, but if you can harness a NECESSARY amount of power in a smaller size, thats all the better. Now of course, without the specs being released, i can't say whether Nintendo harnessed the necessary amount of power, especially conisdering they haven't said which aspect of the rev. is 3 times more powerful that the gamecube - processor, video card, sound card, etc. So that may be a little misleading. Overall, i have been pleased with nintendo so far, and their "gaming comes standard; extra features can be added on" approach (for example, with the PSP [just an example], it comes at $100 more because it can play movies, pics, songs, UMD movies, etc, which is great, but not everyone will utalize those features. So nintendo just has the hardcore gaming features comes standard, and then releases the "extra" features in add-on hardware [like the DS media player]. This is great for those who just want the gaming, but also satifies those who like nintendo but also want the extra features). Of course everything we say so far is speculation, but from what i have heard, as long as it keeps up "to standard" in relation to the other systems, i don't care if it is smaller and sacrifices the ability to be used as a frekin computer. but thats just my stand.
    I agree with that. I just hope Nintendo doesn't cut themself short by not adding a few things to the Revolution (I think it might have a DVD player on it). I never got a DVD player for my room because of 1 thing. My PS2 has a DVD player. What started me to get the PS2 was that I wanted a DVD player in my room. I just didn't want some DVD player, I wanted something a little better then a DVD player, so I got a PS2. I just hope Nintendo adds a few more things to the Revolution then just games (a DVD player is good, but kind of late).

cmatz0 said:
    In other information, the Revolution will have a small hard drive (512 megs, if i remember correctly), but is to have graphics close to that of the ps3 and xbox360. also, i was watching g4, and the nintendo manager of sales released this "hint" of the revolution's controller: "Well, over the years, Nintendo has had many controllers, and they have all looked and worked very different. So here's what i can tell you: think of how we could make all those controllers come together and work to play all the games over the years. This is all i can tell you until we show it." So based on this, what do you guys think?
    For me I hope the Revolution saves stuff to memory cards and not a hard drive (that is also far too small to save stuff on).
    I also watched that on G4.
    But I really have no idea what to make of it. I can't think of a controller that can work with all the games. But if anyone can do it then I know Nintendo can. I can't wait to see what it looks like.

cmatz0 said:
    Finally, since SSBM DS is just in the works, i believe it will be online, because if they haven't realeased its name on the upcoming list, it will be released after the DS goes online, giving me reason to believe it will be online. and sure i'll play you all, but i'll probably get killed (its been so long since i've picked up SSBM, but i used to be pretty good).
    I think it will also be online. But you shouldn't dismiss yourself so quick. Playing on a handheld isn't the same as playing with a controller. I'll be getting it, I've seen a few games that I want for the DS.

Bay-kun said:
    ^Level 9's are super mega easy. No offense, but by the sound of it so far, I could be all of your butts in SSBM. XD
    Is that 1 level 9 or 3 level 9's? XD

Back