• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames!

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Tock's 40 Pokémon; Nicknames!
    • Litten: Tick
    • Pikipek: Quiver
    • Yungoos: Kip
    • Rattata: Cheat
    • Caterpie: Spring
    • Ledyba: Rosy
    • Spinarak: Web
    • Pichu: Minute
    • Grubbin: Zap
    • Bonsly: Pulp
    • Slowpoke: Harsher
    • Wingull: Jet
    • Abra: 2
    • Meowth: Coin
    • Magnemite: Bar
    • Grimer: Petroleum
    • Growlithe: Zeal
    • Drowzee: Phantasm
    • Makuhita: Clout
    • Smeargle: Painter
    • Ghastly: Spook
    • Drifloon: Blimp
    • Misdreavus: Spectre
    • Zubat: Vampiric
    • Diglett: Ditch
    • Spearow: Feather
    • Vullaby: Hatch
    • Mankey: Monk
    • Delibird: Lucky
    • Oricorio: Blossom
    • Cutiefly: Hover
    • Petilil: Petal
    • Machop: Macho
    • Roggenrola: Quarry
    • Carbink: Topaz

Share em'!

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Some of the nicknames I've come up with and given to my Pok?mon:

Mudsdale = Clyde. It's based on the Clydesdale horse.
    Decidueye = Legolas. A skilled archer, plus Legolas' surname is Greenleaf.
    Golisopod = Gigabite. Cross between Gigas (Ancient Greek for giant) and Trilobite. Also it's actually a word (spelt byte, granted).
    Alolan Dugtrio = Bananarama.
    Alolan Muk = Drainbow. Cross between drain (as in sewer drain) and rainbow, coz it's so colourful.
    Magnezone = Cyclone. Amalgamation of cyclops (on account of its one big eye) and Magnezone.
    Toucannon = Guinness. Guinness used to use a toucan in its advertising. They might still, I don't know.
    Lycanroc (Midday) = Akela. From the Jungle Book.

Those are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head as I'm not currently near my 3DS.

stzy

the battlefield got weird.
    Years
  • Now that I think about it I only have four Pokemon with nicknames so far; Riley the Alolan Raichu, Spanx the Incineroar, Terra the Mismagius and Tuki the Toucannon. Every time I'm talking about Incineroar with somebody I call it a Spanx and it's decently embarrassing :<

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • I'm too lazy to get my Moon game out, so I'll just give a few of my Sun ones

Lycanrock - Midday: Athena, because I forgot Athena wasn't Artemis which is the name I meant to give her
    Ribombee: Journey, because capes
    Passimian: Gine, after Goku's mother from Dragon Ball
    Kommo-o: Parsni, because the jangmo-o line are saiyans and saiyans get vegetable names
    Salazzle - Shiny: Serana, the Dawnguard vampire lady from Skyrim, because vampires are pale
    Steenee - Shiny: Hotaru, the girl from Dagashi Kashi, because purple hair
    Turtonator: Abbachio, after one of the main characters from Vento Aureo, also I spelled it wrong
    Bruxish: Fugo, another Vento Aureo character
    Wishiwashi: Foo Fighters, best girl from Stone Ocean who is also a bunch of sea creatures forming one body
    Alolan Marowak: Ana, sniper mom from Overwatch
    Tapu Koko: Kaminari
    Tapu Lele: Uraraka
    Tapu Bulu: Kouda
    Tapu Fini: Kyouka, The Tapus were all named after characters from My Hero Academia
    Nihilego: Blank Space
    Buzzwole: The Touch and Macho Man
    Kartana: S.DressedMan, A. Bomb Baby, Big Iron, and Butcher Pete
    Xirkitree: PowerStation and E. Slide
    Guzzlord: Dragon Force, all ultra beasts were named after music stuff as a nod to the "Ultra Beasts are basically stands" theory
    Nercozma: Great Days, I named it after a Jojo's OP because it resembles an ultra beast but is not one

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I named my Midnight Lycanroc "Moony" and now I only need Prongs to finish off the Marauders.

(If you don't know this reference, I'll be very disappointed)

Years
  • Incenaror-Firestar (Named after the Leader of Thunderclan in Warriors)
    Lycanroc-Peanut (Named after one of the characters in Housepets)
    Toucannon-Storm (Named after one of the Babylon Rogues in Sonic Riders)
    Salgeleo-Lio Convoy (Named after the Leader of the Maximals in Beast Wars 2)
    Persian-Jean (Named after Jean Gray from Xmen)
    Ninetails-Frost (Because she is part ice)

I really only name the Pokemon on my team, and no one else

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen today
    My team right now are

Whiskers (Incineroar)
    Southpaw (Crabominable)
    V (Espeon)
    Starscream (Vikavolt)
    Dirtbag (Muk)
    Trevenant (traded from my cousin and the little turd didnt give it a nickname for me :< )

Zexonyte

Meteorite Piece
    Years
  • I feel like I had much better nicknames when I played through X. Much more clever and amusing names. I'll just list my party and any that catch my attention.

Sylveon: Pixie
    Mimikyu: Spectre
    Ribombee: Boomer (I have no idea why.)
    Carbink: Zircon
    Primarina: Kailani. I don't know that that's a real name. Okay, so, storytime. I love Primarina for the mermaid aesthetic. I wanted to deny it as I usually do, as Pok?mon needn't adhere to our real world societal standards, but Primarina is a rather effeminate Pok?mon. I wanted a female and I wanted to name her Marnie. I reset numerous times and I just got tired of it. So I wanted to name him something else. I thought to go with the Hawaiian theme and came across the name Kailano, meaning "sea." But there was something about it I didn't like. So I just changed the ending to an "I." This made it "sea and sky," which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, but I liked how it sounded better.
    And then I traded for my Vulpix, so my Ninetales is just a Ninetales :\

Some other ones that make me think I'm like funny or something...
    Fomantis: Bloomers (because puns)
    Dewpider: Boris (because I like obscure 60s references)
    Morelull: Toadette (yeah, dumb, I know)
    Exeggutor: Mimikaki (this)
    Fearow: Stabby Face
    Magby: Bumpy Head
    Boldore: Rock Face
    Gumshoos: Honey. Another story. So, I like the Honey Badger meme. So I named my Yungoos "Honey." I also got really into Pok?mon Refresh for all my Pokes, but Yungoos seemed to get leveled up the quickest. So whenever we'd go into battle, my trainer'd be like "Go for it, Honey!" or "You can do it, Honey!" And I'm like, what are you, married or something? It was pretty funny.

I also got every color of Minior (excluding shiny) and named them after fruits corresponding to their colors: Strawberry, Tangerine, Lemon, Melon, Blueberry, Mulberry and Grape.
    ...Blue's a hard color to name after fruits...

Also, could anybody else not help but name their title legendary "Nebby?"

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    1. Primarina: Trans-Ariel. Mainly to make fun of Popplio's high male ratio.
    2. Lunala: Starlight. Lunala is heavily connected with stars and teleportation, which is also what a My Little Pony character is also associated with.
    3. Salazzle: Joanna. Since Pok?mon are usually pets, I named mine after a pet of the main villain from an obscure Disney sequel called "The Rescuers Down Under".
    4. Lurantis: Wendy. The character in Gravity Falls keeps it cool in the face of danger. My Lurantis has a Relaxed nature, further driving my point home.
    5. Vikavolt: Smol Minibus/James Rolfe. Charjabug resembles a minibus. Vikavolt always looks cross, which is why I renamed it after a video game critic. Video games generally use a lot of electricity, since batteries in some consoles need to be regularly charged.
    6. Silvally: Beast. A mix-match of various creatures. Both need to know and receive genuine love in order to undergo a physical (and mental) change for the better.
    7. Kommo-o: Dio Brando. The Jangmo-o line looks like something a character from Jojo's Bizzare Adventures would own as a sidekick or pet. Kommo-o has a powerful new Type combo to boot.
    8. Palossand: Spooky Fort. It resembles a fortress, and it is known to be very spooky, hence the Ghost Typing.
    9. Butterfree: Shrignold. A butterfly from the Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared series who talks all about love. Love is what gave us a really emotional episode in the original anime where Ash had to say goodbye to his Butterfree out of love.
    10. Alolan Raichu: Basil. Pikachu has a detective movie coming up, with a man who worked on a Disney cartoon writing the film. Basil is also the name of a mouse from an animated Disney movie who solves crime.
    11. Alolan Muk: Slimer. Grimer learns a good chunk of Ghost Type moves through various means. Slimer is from a series all about hunting ghosts.
    12. Pheromosa: Vexus. Similar body structure, plus the bug motive of both characters.
    13. Crabominable. Yeti Krabs. The premise of a modern SpongeBob does feature a yeti crab. Crabominable is also a crab with the motive of a yeti.
    14. Gumshoos. Donald Trump. I have no need to explain why.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    Recent 5 catches...
    • Rockruff: Rolex
    • Spinda: Doze
    • Lillipup: Kudos
    • Eevee: Halifax
    • Mudbray: Stable
    I enjoyed reading everyone's nicknames, please keep me updated! >_>

matsuko

Alliterating Artist
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    idk about you guys, but i nickname EVERY POKEMON I HAVE! especially ones for trade, maybe someone out there will understand the reference and it'll bring a smile to their face or some crap like that....

Decidueye: Toko (idk why)
    Lucario: Sam (cause max had to have a sam)
    Sableye: Max (from sam & max, he's adorable, has sharp teeth, and wiggles his fingers the same way)
    Salazzle: Natsu (from fairy tale, cause it's a salamander)
    Aerodactyl: Worthington (sounds posh, and was useful in past gens)
    Chansey: Nurse Joy (obvious)
    Spinda: Muffins (derpy hooves)
    Slowpoke: Slow News (the meme)
    Bruxish: Pennywise (sharp teeth, and looks like a clown...)
    Wishiwashi: Kyogre-a-boo (like wee-a-boo, except it obviously wants to be a kyogre)
    Tentacool: B4ItWasCool (total hipster, man)
    Pyukumuku: Pickles (it's a sea cucumber, and pickles are cucumbers)
    Elekid: Penny (cause it looks like it goes in a light socket XD)
    Magnezone: FckingMagnets (the meme from the song, game wouldn't let me spell it properly)
    Delibird: Rick (after my uncle)
    Snorunt: Poncho (it looks like it's wearing one)
    Crabrawler: John Cena (obvs)
    Machoke: Hogan (like hulk hogan...)
    Zubat: Rabies (bats are a surprisingly common source of rabies infections)
    Muk: Gardulla (gardulla the hut from star wars, often mistaken for jabba's wife)
    Diglett: Fabio (for when he evolves and has that fabulous hair)
    Kadabra: Steve Miller (abra kadabra by steve miller band)
    Oranguru: Maurice (after the orangutan from planet of the apes)
    Hypno: Kidnapster (based on it's description, and a reference to a futurama episode)
    Cutiefly: Malaria (i assumed it was a mosquito)
    Metapod: UJustMetAPod (cause you did, if you know his name)
    Golisopod: Lucky (cause wimpod is a horseshoe crab, and horseshoes are supposed to be lucky)
    Paras: OhSh!take (the game wouldn't let me spell it with an i because yeah...)
    Pinsir: LikeAPinSir (meme)
    Carbink: LucyInTheSky (lucy in the sky with diamonds by the beatles)
    Ghastly: Gustav (for some reason i name my ghastlys stereotypical russo-slavic names)
    Haunter: Boris (see above)
    Granbull: Churchill (cause he's basically an english bulldog)
    Bagon: Bacon (just change a letter, and he's delicious)
    Drampa: Grampa (cause he looks old, and another single letter change, though not very original...)
    Phantump: Deku (like the deku tree from zelda games)
    Drifloon: Poppy (cause one wrong move, and POP)
    Jangmo-o: Drakeotomy (cause he's a dragon, and it sounded clever to me)
    Sandile: Gummi (pinky pie's pet 'gator)

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • I'll probably do it for my playthrough of Moon.

Decidueye: Arrowl
    Raichu: UrOpinionMan
    Pelipper: MINE MINE
    Alola Muk: Ages 2+
    Flygon: FlyGonJinn
    Bewear: Tsundere

Actually I've impressed myself with these names I thought of in five minutes I might use them. Props to you if you get references.

Might change the team but yeah.

Acnologia Rising

Koliax Rogue
    Years
  • Oh boy! Nicknames! I really enjoy nicknaming pokemon. Some of the nicknames I gave in Moon are:
    Decidueye: Archer
    Snorlax: Fatso
    Toucannon: Peckers
    Ribombee: Buttercup (an overly cutesy name for a very cutesy pokemon. Also it's yellow xD)
    Lycanroc: Lupin (after Remus Lupin from the Harry Potter series)
    Salazzle: Noxia (a Latin word for Poison)
    Mimikyu: Fake-achu
    Zygarde: Quake (original, I know xD)
    Lunala: Luna (Again, suuuuper original)

There were a bunch more but they were all boxed as I already had my final team when they were caught.

Back