• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    They would put other remakes on the 3ds before skyward sword. Maybe we might see a majora's mask remake? Tha would be nice. Though personally, i hope for some gamecube remakes. Luigi's mansion, sunshine, wind waker... that would be awesome.
    Luigi's Mansion is likely. They had previously explored the possibility of 3D on the GCN with that game. So...possible.

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    Will the 3DS REALLY be that good???

i cant wait for the 3ds, but do you, the pokecommunity, think its worth the £200+ for a ds with a special screen and a cuple of camaras?

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    It's worth so much more than that, And that's what I'm worried about.

A DS with a special screen and a couple of cameras? I'd rather call it a Gamecube with an extra dimension and a metric ton of awesome.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I do know that unless I hear about some major malfunction, I'm buying one as soon as I can find them in stock somewhere.

Dooonerz

@JackDonnellyy
    Years
    I dont know if i'll like the whole 3D idea of gaming but does anybody know if you have to wear glasses for this, because if you do then I will probably not be buying this.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    I dont know if i'll like the whole 3D idea of gaming but does anybody know if you have to wear glasses for this, because if you do then I will probably not be buying this.

No. That's the selling point. No glasses. You don't need some special device to see 3D in the traditional way, with glasses. Now we have some crazy stuff with the screen, and moving pixels, multiple views, I don't even know anymore.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    No. That's the selling point. No glasses. You don't need some special device to see 3D in the traditional way, with glasses. Now we have some crazy stuff with the screen, and moving pixels, multiple views, I don't even know anymore.
    Half the pixels are allocated to each eye. The barrier tilts some to the left, and some to the right. You just have to stay in range, otherwise it won't look right.
    Also, remember you can turn it off if you hate it. =D

Where'd you get moving pixels? o_O Definitely a fun idea, though. Each little pixel crawling around the screen. PixelBots! Patent pending!

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Given that it's compatible with every DS title, the graphics look about on par with those of the GameCube, and it's in 3D sans glasses, yeah, I think it'll be that good.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
    Years
    Half the pixels are allocated to each eye. The barrier tilts some to the left, and some to the right. You just have to stay in range, otherwise it won't look right.
    I sort of understand that.

Where'd you get moving pixels?
    Someone tried to explain it to me in IRC, and I wasn't fully paying attention apparently. I think that had something to do with the slider turning the 3D off.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I sort of understand that.

I sort of figured other people would not.
    Thinking about it, that's something about how I post- Most times, even if it looks like a response to someone in particular, it's usually directed at everybody.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    Well if that's the case why would I waste my money buying it? :/
    ...To play the new games? You realize that new games probably aren't going to be compatible with old systems in this case?

Lol, if remakes and Mario are all it takes too woo you, then Nintendo basically won every E3 conference since those are the only good things they're coming out with these days.

Please direct your attention to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Now repeat after me. Remakes. Are. Awesome.

Also, Paper Mario is an RPG deserving of your respect, soldier. Just the same that the new Mario Kart is a racer deserving of your respect.

Also, there's a new freaking Animal Crossing. ANIMAL CROSSING I TELL YOU!!! /explode

On top of all that there's a new Kingdom Hearts, The Sims 3, a new Professor Layton, A NEW CHOCOBO RACING GAME, new Kid Icarus, a new Resident Evil, GOLDEN FREAKING SUN...

Do you have any idea how epic win the lineup is?! >x<

Screw 3D! That lineup could generate a massive profit on it's own. On it's own.

See for yourself at https://e3.nintendo.com/3ds/

Years
    This is really great planning on Nintendo's part. One of the huge problems with the DS was the massive lack of release titles. I can't see that being a problem in the slightest, here.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    3DS? Yeah, I'm gettin it. You bet I want a handheld powerful enough to have a Resident Evil title. That and the new Kid Icarus. Pit hasn't shown up since Brawl, and before that since the NES.

And then there's always Pokemon Generation VI.....

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    3DS? Yeah, I'm gettin it. You bet I want a handheld powerful enough to have a Resident Evil title. That and the new Kid Icarus. Pit hasn't shown up since Brawl, and before that since the NES.

And then there's always Pokemon Generation VI.....

Yeah... he had his own game for GameBoy. Why doesn't anyone else know that?

Although, if Nintendo created Virtual Console for the 3DS, add in 3 games from every system in there! (And 3 good games out of 4 for the CD-i, Hotel Mario and the LoZ 2 wannabes, save Zelda's Adventure for April Fools)

Oh, and 3DS games will not, I repeat, WILL NOT work on the DS because the chip is slightly different shaped. It has a little edge which will not allow these games to work on the earlier DS models. Sort of how GB games will not work on the DS, there's a small edge in the Slot-2 slot that's slightly different shaped than the GB cartridges. Will work fine with GBA games as they do not have that small indent. Good call, Nintendo.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Please direct your attention to Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Now repeat after me. Remakes. Are. Awesome.
    Heartgold and Soulsilver are incredibly boring. Why remake a game if you forget to bring the fun?

Also, Paper Mario is an RPG deserving of your respect, soldier. Just the same that the new Mario Kart is a racer deserving of your respect.

Also, there's a new freaking Animal Crossing. ANIMAL CROSSING I TELL YOU!!! /explode

On top of all that there's a new Kingdom Hearts, The Sims 3, a new Professor Layton, A NEW CHOCOBO RACING GAME, new Kid Icarus, a new Resident Evil, GOLDEN FREAKING SUN...
    Kingdom Hearts doesn't matter to me, The Sims games suck, never played Animal Crossing or Paper Mario, Chocobo Racing will most likely suck, I never cared about Kid Icarus, Resident Evil is incredibly overrated, and Golden Sun is for the DS. It would definitely be a system seller if it was released on the 3DS.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Heartgold and Soulsilver are incredibly boring. Why remake a game if you forget to bring the fun?

Kingdom Hearts doesn't matter to me, The Sims games suck, never played Animal Crossing or Paper Mario, Chocobo Racing will most likely suck, I never cared about Kid Icarus, Resident Evil is incredibly overrated, and Golden Sun is for the DS. It would definitely be a system seller if it was released on the 3DS.

HGSS was really well done, do you hate games that were meant to come back?

Agreed on KH, Sims might probably fail like previous, AC is boring, Paper Mario is tediuous (but really funny), Chocobo Racing (really?), Kid Icarus is what I'd want, RE is horrific, Golden Sun is for DS. But it'll work on the 3DS.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years

it's not the developers fault that you hate good games.
    you also have to remember that these games are almost launch titles, if not early titles. the ds has lasted for 6 years and it seems that with each generation of game consoles, they last longer. so theres still a big opportunity for developers to make a game you like, if you have any.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    HGSS was really well done, do you hate games that were meant to come back?

Agreed on KH, Sims might probably fail like previous, AC is boring, Paper Mario is tediuous (but really funny), Chocobo Racing (really?), Kid Icarus is what I'd want, RE is horrific, Golden Sun is for DS. But it'll work on the 3DS.
    It was well done, I'll give it that, but Gamefreak just forgot to add the secret ingredient; FUN. And no, it isn't because I'm getting older, because I can actually play through Platinum without being as bored as I am in Heartgold.

Kid Icarus looks obnoxious.
    it's not the developers fault that you hate good games.

I'm sorry, what? It's not my fault that they fail to hold my attention. I don't hate Uncharted because Naughty Dog remembers to bring more than story and the great dialogue, they also bring the fun, something that Heartgold is severely lacking.

Tell you what Nintendo, you want me to buy the 3DS? Sequel to The World Ends With You kthnxbai.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    TWEWY sequel would be fun, but how would you do that? Another Game set in Shibuya? Otherwise, it's implied that they have to do away with the pins (different places have different rules), and probably the art style. Not to mention that it was meant to take advantage of the DS' features, so how would you actually work the 3D into a game? The gyroscope and accelerometer(?) seem like possibilities in any case. TWEWY seemed to be more of a one-shot to me. Perhaps a one-per-system (Like SSB) nonlinear sequel with cameos (Angel!Neku). I don't think I could take more than that.

Back