• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo 3DS Revealed!

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    TWEWY sequel would be fun, but how would you do that? Another Game set in Shibuya? Otherwise, it's implied that they have to do away with the pins (different places have different rules), and probably the art style. Not to mention that it was meant to take advantage of the DS' features, so how would you actually work the 3D into a game? The gyroscope and accelerometer(?) seem like possibilities in any case. TWEWY seemed to be more of a one-shot to me. Perhaps a one-per-system (Like SSB) nonlinear sequel with cameos (Angel!Neku). I don't think I could take more than that.

If I heard right (well, I don't really know) TWEWY would never get a sequel. Not saying that it won't, this is just my speculation.

SSB3DS would be awesome, though. If it had more characters and if Square Enix wasn't such a stuck up prick, then we'd get Sephiroth in Brawl. As a boss. The Final Boss. And Geno for the fanboys.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    TWEWY sequel would be fun, but how would you do that? Another Game set in Shibuya? Otherwise, it's implied that they have to do away with the pins (different places have different rules), and probably the art style. Not to mention that it was meant to take advantage of the DS' features, so how would you actually work the 3D into a game? The gyroscope and accelerometer(?) seem like possibilities in any case. TWEWY seemed to be more of a one-shot to me. Perhaps a one-per-system (Like SSB) nonlinear sequel with cameos (Angel!Neku). I don't think I could take more than that.

The 3D is already a gimmicky effect, I think if an actual sequel were to be ported to the 3DS it would be almost purely for the memory it can hold.

Personally, I don't really know how a game like TWEWY could have a sequel(perhaps there could be a different game played with different rules in a…you guessed it, a different location), but it would probably be awesome if they, by some divine inspiration, got Tim Schafer to work on it. (b'-')b

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    What if the Game Card was an expanded microSD/SDHC/SDXC card? Honestly, E3 didn't have Game Cards and when someone noticed, Nintendo said "both are possible" to the idea of SD capacity or internal storage.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    It was well done, I'll give it that, but Gamefreak just forgot to add the secret ingredient; FUN. And no, it isn't because I'm getting older, because I can actually play through Platinum without being as bored as I am in Heartgold.

I'm sorry, what? It's not my fault that they fail to hold my attention. I don't hate Uncharted because Naughty Dog remembers to bring more than story and the great dialogue, they also bring the fun, something that Heartgold is severely lacking.
    do you think a whole game company makes a game for a single man's idea of fun? majority of the millions of people who have played hgss have thoroughly enjoyed it and they wouldnt have enjoyed it if they didn't find it fun. i'm saying that the developers have succeeded in the fact that they created a game which alot of people find fun. but what people find fun varies from one person to another, so obviouslly somebody is going to find hgss boring. That goes the same way with uncharted, it's a good game and the majority of people enjoy it, but you are going to find some people who don't like it.
    A game company can't put fun into a game that everybody is going to enjoy so they would try and make sure that the people that will find the game most fun, as fun as possible for them. unfortunatelly your not one of those people in the case of hgss, meaning it's your own problem that you don't find it fun.
    hope that makes sense, my english ain't that good. :P
    on topic, i'm hoping for a mother 4 on the 3ds.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I'm glad that there's gonna be 2 GB games and an Analog pad, though I question its quality when it's not a stick.

Styxx

Obsessive Breeder
    Years
    No more nostalgia, I want a few good, new series. That being said... OMFG awesome graphics are awesome, I need it. Stupid Nintendo, taking all my monies! D:

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Everyone knows the home button yeah?
    And there wasn't one on the DSi.
    Have Nintendo said anything about Multitasking?
    Because that would be a very neat feature.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    it's your own problem that you don't find it fun.
    It's my problem that someone made something that I don't personally enjoy? Sorry, you lost me.
    Everyone knows the home button yeah?
    And there wasn't one on the DSi.
    Have Nintendo said anything about Multitasking?
    Because that would be a very neat feature.

The DSi did have a home button though. You just tapped the power button to take you to the main screen. Personally I like that more than a button just for taking you home.

Last edited:

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Omg !
    Definetely buying the blue one !! *o*
    And yeah, I AM SO buying Kid Icarus : Uprising >___>
    HECK that looks so awesome !

The 3DS graphisms makes the games so much better !
    Yes, yes, gonna buy that Blue awesome Console !! :DD <333

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    It's my problem that someone made something that I don't personally enjoy? Sorry, you lost me.
    ....*facepalm*
    how about we just forget about this conversation, for the benefit of both of us?
    goodgood

I'm glad that there's gonna be 2 GB games and an Analog pad, though I question its quality when it's not a stick.
    i was thinking the other day, now that there is 4 times as much space compared to the ds, wouldn't it be the perfect time to release the pokemon first 4 regions game?
    i mean isshu is supposedly far away from the rest of the regions which suggests that the first 4 regions are part of some continent like thing. so those 4 could work well as game all together.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Well, reading Game Informer, we're supposed to be getting....*flips to page*..Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time(remake), a new Mario Kart, Star Fox 64(remake), Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, and a Street Fighter. Granted, not all are confirmed, but based on those alone I WANT IT. But then it probably will cost somewhere around $250-$300....

As far as the idea for the 4 region Pokemon game...not yet. HGSS and FRLG were to recent, not to mention there's little doubt for RSEmakes at some point. Maybe in Generation VII(because I'm sure Pokemon'll go that far)we can have the first 4 in one game. But not now.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, reading Game Informer, we're supposed to be getting....*flips to page*..Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time(remake), a new Mario Kart, Star Fox 64(remake), Resident Evil, Kid Icarus, and a Street Fighter. Granted, not all are confirmed, but based on those alone I WANT IT. But then it probably will cost somewhere around $250-$300....

As far as the idea for the 4 region Pokemon game...not yet. HGSS and FRLG were to recent, not to mention there's little doubt for RSEmakes at some point. Maybe in Generation VII(because I'm sure Pokemon'll go that far)we can have the first 4 in one game. But not now.

Actually, all of those are confirmed. All of them. (I'm more interested in Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, and the SF64)

However, Pokemon is ready to end after Generation VI, which will probably be at the end of the rule of the 3DS. Meaning, that the 3DS may be Pokemon's last console and we're probably getting a 5-region game (forgot Sevii Islands) by the end of the 3DS lifetime. But, by then, I'd have a flashcard.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Even if the new regions die before the end of the 3DS, Pokemon it self won't. It makes too much money for them to just throw it away..Spin-Offs and Cameos galore!.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I have the just-released Nintendo Power and it lists some interesting (but, alas, very limited) detail on games coming to the 3DS. It, however, lists games not shown in the press release, so should I make a few pictures and post them here?

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    I have the just-released Nintendo Power and it lists some interesting (but, alas, very limited) detail on games coming to the 3DS. It, however, lists games not shown in the press release, so should I make a few pictures and post them here?
    sure thing, but there have already been a few other games that haven't been shown at the press release that have been listed. (eg. a boy and his blob and super monkey ball)

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Both have been shown in the document following E3. Either way, time to borrow my dad's camera.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    sure thing, but there have already been a few other games that haven't been shown at the press release that have been listed. (eg. a boy and his blob and super monkey ball)

That looks like an amazing game!
    I'd actually love them to do Scribblenauts 3D on it though :D

Back