• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obligatory "logos are better" post

Years
    Those look freaking beautiful Sir Diabeetus. Seeing those compared to this is glaring (if the right hand side included the versions names as well instead of just 'Pokemon' but I digress):

It really shows the Japanese put more effort into their logo designs, but I can see why the international versions need to have the same Pokemon logo because I could imagine it causing confusion if the designs were different.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    These are what the English logos for Sun/Moon could look like with the Pokémon part touched up:

Not perfect by any means, but a rough idea of what they could do.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    These are what the English logos for Sun/Moon could look like with the Pokémon part touched up:

Not perfect by any means, but a rough idea of what they could do.
    I think the logos would look better if the crystals were used for the accent instead of an O in that redesign.
    I like these logos, they're nicer than some of the past logos.

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    I think the logos would look better if the crystals were used for the accent instead of an O in that redesign.
    I like these logos, they're nicer than some of the past logos.
    Not a bad idea, but just a habit to use both 'o's' even though in the Japanese logo the mark in 'n' is usually used. Just wanted to retain the crystals. Even with the blue/yellow Pokémon logo, this one of the better official ones they've done. I don't ever actually expect them to change that, but wish they would. But, at least every other part of it is in vain of the original.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I can't really make judgement on the Japanese logo. Their characters are unfamiliar to me, so it just looks like I'm looking at some odd image rather than a meaningful logo. So because of this, I prefer the English logo. (Also, it's more consistent from what I've seen, but again, I'm not the best judge of this) At least they kept in the best part - the little moon and sun symbol. I love those.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Based on what Sir Diateetus has done, it's amazing how just changing the color in the English Pokemon font makes it much more appealing to me.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 17, 2023
    The English version can keep the same "Pokemon" logo, just polish it a tiny bit and change the color scheme to match the game version.

Reactions: EC
    Years
    Soooo pretty. I also love how the color scheme is red/blue. 8) Yay 20th anniversary.

The thing is that paired versions tend to have a connection to red and blue in a way, like how I'd count Gold, Pearl and White/White 2 as the "red" version and Silver, Diamond and Black/Black 2 as "blue".

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    To be honest, these are probably the best pokemon logos I've ever seen. I really love the entire glow-y aesthetic of it all, and how it kind of breaks a bit of tradition (thank god). Still wondering why the main text is still in that one shade of yellow, though. D:

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I...actually like the English logos better this time. I just don't like the font used for 「サン」 and 「ムーン」 in the Japanese logos, and I really love the font chosen in the English one. And I'll admit, even when they were leaked, I thought the celestial background used was really beautiful--and you can see more of it in the English logo.

But I will admit, the blue "crystal" in the Japanese Sun logo and yellow one in Moon's is really intriguing. X & Y used the Mega Evolution double-helix in that scenario, and ORAS used the Red and Blue Orbs. I don't think the crystals are related to anything of that caliber (I don't think they're gonna introduce a new "evolution method" so soon after implementing Mega Evolution and its subsidiary, Primal Reversion), but they must be of some importance. Even the Japanese logos of, for instance, Black & White didn't have anything special going on in that ン. Perhaps it's something relevant to the plot? Or maybe it is related to Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion after all but in relation to the as-of-yet unrevealed mascot Pokémon?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Actually, it appears to be orange/blue.

That makes them actual opposites this time. I mean, I know in Japan they were actual opposites all along, but still. It's nice to see good use of complimentary colors--that may be part of the reason why I find them so pretty, actually.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    At least this time around, the English logo isn't completely garish, as it has been in the past. On some games, I really didn't like the reappareance of the blue-and-yellow "POKEMON" smacked all over everything. This time around, it looks all right.

Still prefer the Japanese ones though.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I love the detail in the logos, they look so good! The Japanese looks great to me but that's because I'm looking at it with a foreign eye, so the characters look exotic and more exciting to me regardless. I do love the little gemstone in the Japanese logo and think it looks better with less of the background showing; I do love the starry background behind the text but on the English logo it feels like just a bit too much imo

Years
    I found these really nice recolors on someone's dA:

Spoiler:

https://sickboyrawrs.deviantart.com/art/Pokemon-Sun-Moon-593464000

They kinda combine the beauty of both styles. :> They look a bit like El Diabeetus' versions.,

This would have been better than the official logo. It still keeps the traditional non-Japanese Pokemon logo but adds a new fresh coat of paint to it while still keeping the same charm.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Count me in as one who thinks they should change the yellow and blue Pokemon logo to match the colors of the games. As of right now, it's kind of like how the NFL has used pretty much the same logo for the last 6 Super Bowls. And it will be 7 next year.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2017
    Why is LiquidCrystal's logo there? It's a ROM hack, no matter how good it is.

Anyway, it does seem might nice what the Japanese have done.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

i think i've seen something like this before...

...It does remind one of that. It also reminds me of the fan theories of what GS remakes were going to be called at the beginning of Gen IV. Some assumed DawnGold and DuskSilver. I thought they were going to be called SunGold and MoonSilver. Funny how Omega and Alpha were expected to be the name of whole new games, but instead became part of the name of remakes, while Sun and Moon did become their own games, not part of the naming of remakes like some of us expected.

Back