• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ochita D:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
  • We've all done it before :P

What makes you drop an anime that you're watching? How many anime have you dropped? Do you usually make a conscious decision to drop an anime, or do you just get bored with it and never end up going back to it? How many episodes does it usually take for you to decide whether or not you like an anime? Discuss!

Last edited:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I don't usually drop anime. But when I do, it is usually when I don't think I like the direction the series in question is taking. So far, out of the 140ish shows I've seen counting all watching/completed and on hold, I've only dropped 3. Fairy Tail, Bleach and OreImo. FT because....well, I just wasn't having fun. Bleach as the fillers were unbearable and canon was not amazing after SS either. OreImo was starting to show hints of the brother and sister getting lovey-dovey so I dropped it.

I think I might pick up both Bleach and FT someday. Not OreImo, though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Looking at my list, a majority of the anime I only dropped because I got bored of them. Some of them I dropped because I thought they were bad, although I have no idea why I didn't finish any of these and I still managed to finish NGE. ex. Tokyo Ravens, Kuroko no Basket, Hamatora and Sailor Moon were really boring me, but I will probably finish SM sometime since people keep telling me to >.<

Honestly, other than the anime just boring me after many episodes, it really depends. From the first episode I knew I wouldn't find Watamote funny, so I just dropped it then. I did like Samurai Flamenco for a bit, but I really liked it when it wasn't supernatural D: Mehou Sensou and Meganebu were really bad though, idk how anyone could have finished any of those.

If I watch One Piece will you try Fairy Tail one more time Dante? ;) ;)

derozio

Years
  • Well, I do think I would've picked it up whether or not you bribed me but that's a good incentive. :p I have a lot of other shows to finish from my 160+ Plan to Watch list, though, and I think I'll only get to FT after I've finished those. Though in all honesty, I read FT manga. So I am aware of most stuff that happens :p

also, well yeah, Watamote humor isn't for everyone. I like the show quite a bit. But it is so pessimistic that I can't watch more than 2 episodes of it in one sitting.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • For me to drop an anime, it must have:

1) Just awful and unlikeable characters.
    2) Ridiculous story or boring story. Like, it needs to be super ridiculous or just super boring.
    3) You pulled a genre switcha-roo.

The anime must fulfill two or more of these criteria. Some key offenders that I've dropped are Hagure Yuusha, Samurai Flamenco, Mahou Sensou (this actually didn't break any of my criteria, but I dropped it due to how awful Madhouse handled the anime. seriously, who in the right mind would adapt seven volumes in twelve episodes >.>), Manyuu Hikenchou, and other animes that I'm too lazy to name.

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
    Years
  • I think the only series I have legitimately dropped is Sword art Online and Fairy tail.

No offense to anyone that likes them..but they both suck xD I'm not even joking around. The beginning of Fairy tail was good but after the time skip things went downhill.

Sword art online is craaaaaaaaaap. Nuff said

Years
  • I've had my fair share of dropped series according to MAL. Though even on that website, I haven't quite added other series that I have probably forgotten about since dropping them so it's not 100% accurate. Often times when I do make the decision to drop series, it's most likely because I've gotten bored with it or doesn't live up to the expectations; the latest of the latter would be Mahou Sensou. Being the fairly judgmental person regarding anime series, it takes me no longer than 1 episode to decide, and I never look back.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • So far the only one I've dropped is Bleach. Only watched 'til the end of the SS arc, and then I dropped it completely. Doesn't help that I have already researched on the future arcs of the Bleach anime. Fillers within ongoing arcs isn't a good thing. IT'S NEVER A GOOD THING!

/puts aside rage

I did drop only a single manga: Death Note. Sorry guys, but whatever happened after
    Spoiler:
    didn't peak my interest anymore.

Although I swear I want to drop Bleach manga right now, but since it's the final arc I was like, meh I'll just stick with it until it's over... but DUDE, this arc is taking too long!

derozio

Years
  • Doesn't help the fact that Bleach has snail pacing. Last chapter had kenpachi slice a meteorite. That's it. Nothing else. In a whole chapter. NOTHING ELSE. I think I'll wait it out and marathon it when it ends.

I've dropped the Bleach anime too :p I honestly should've dropped shows like Elfen Lied and Guilty Crown when I was kind of enjoying them. Idk why I bothered to complete them.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I dropped a few series and I believe why I drop them is just my very biased opinion that I can't watch this series any longer.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I dropped an anime after they killed off the only interesting character in the third episode. I gave it a couple more tries, but I was like, nope, this won't ever be as good as it could have been.

I'll also watch something at an unbelievably slow pace if I can't get attached to any of the characters. Steins Gate, Free, Another, Tiger and Bunny. I've been meaning to finish them, but I never do, so that's close to a drop haha.

derozio

Years
  • I think you'd probably have dropped Gintama in the first few eps had I not told you how awesome it gets later on haha. Not that I'd have blamed you. I dropped it multiple times myself. :Y

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The ones that I've made a conscious decision to drop are the ones that are all reaaallly long and I don't have the patience, interest, or dedication to watch them in their entirety. This includes One Piece, Bleach, and Naruto. There's also a lot that I put on hold and don't see myself returning to in the forseeable future. Sadly there's too many to name D:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I think you'd probably have dropped Gintama in the first few eps had I not told you how awesome it gets later on haha. Not that I'd have blamed you. I dropped it multiple times myself. :Y

Yes, I would have dropped it if I watched it in the episodic order. I'm not used to having to watch 30+ episodes to kinda-sorta get to somewhere within an anime series. I'd usually make up my mind if I want to watch something within 5-10 episodes. I'm spoiled by 1 cour and 2 cour anime!

Many of the first 50 episodes would not have interested me if I didn't give a damn about the characters. I only watched like, the first 25 episodes before I saw the Benizakura movie. With that and several arcs (Okita's) under my belt, I started appreciating the early episodes (25-91) a little more and more. I'm slowly making my way to 100 and then 200 in the intended order now.

So yeah, I mostly grew attached to it because I watched the serious arcs as soon as I could. It gave me an appreciation for the main character, who is frankly a shell-shocked war veteran who goes about his life with jaded indifference, yet shines on occasion, like silver, when he desires to protect someone or his code of ethics. Knowing his background made the goofy episodes and his relationship in the Yorozuya trio much more interesting to me. He could have turned out like a rebel patriot or someone who sought to destroy the world, but he did not. He's a beautiful person, so.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • So far the only one I've dropped is Bleach. Only watched 'til the end of the SS arc, and then I dropped it completely. Doesn't help that I have already researched on the future arcs of the Bleach anime. Fillers within ongoing arcs isn't a good thing. IT'S NEVER A GOOD THING!

/puts aside rage

I did drop only a single manga: Death Note. Sorry guys, but whatever happened after
    Spoiler:
    didn't peak my interest anymore.
    Agreed that the second part was really crappy...
    Spoiler:

Although I swear I want to drop Bleach manga right now, but since it's the final arc I was like, meh I'll just stick with it until it's over... but DUDE, this arc is taking too long!
    Because Kubo still wants income.
    He did introduce this arc to be the last so he at least needs to prolong it as much as possible.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I have never dropped an anime or manga, and regarding the latest Bleach arc, I hope it never ends because some intense stuff is going down and iI like it a lot better than some of the other things I'm reading right now.

Years
  • I have never dropped an anime or manga, and regarding the latest Bleach arc, I hope it never ends because some intense stuff is going down and iI like it a lot better than some of the other things I'm reading right now.

Kubo said that he had material for the next 10 years, but apparently the current arc will be the last \: Though I do admit, I did drop the Bleach manga for a while soon after the Hueco Mundo arc because nothing was interesting during that time. According to my sister, compared to the other big series like Fairy Tail, and Naruto, it's been lacking...

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Kubo said that he had material for the next 10 years, but apparently the current arc will be the last \: Though I do admit, I did drop the Bleach manga for a while soon after the Hueco Mundo arc because nothing was interesting during that time. According to my sister, compared to the other big series like Fairy Tail, and Naruto, it's been lacking...

Yea he probably does have stuff for the next 10 years if he keeps making these like 5 page chapters. But if we keep sending him hate male about his short chapters he'll probably only last 3 or 4 years which seems doable. And I have been having trouble getting into this last arc of One Piece. I admit the arc after Aizen and all that was pretty dry but lately it's been heating up pretty nicely with a lot of power ups and some really crazy stuff.

Back