• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
Years
  • Oh, wow, so much wonderful information came out in CoroCoro!

I really wasn't expecting another Mega form for Mewtwo but it looks interesting. However, I think I prefer Mega Mewtwo Y which is good since I'm getting that version.

Of course, Mega Garchomp looks sick. It's definitely an appropriate design for it.

Looking at the second stage evolutions of the starters, I'd said Frogadier looks the coolest. But all of them look pretty nice. Though, I knew that some people upon seeing Quilladin would look down upon it. But I appreciate its design seeing as I will choose Chespin as my starter!

The fossil also look cool and with cool types, Rock/Dragon and Rock/Ice! But I don't know which of them I will chose to have in the game.

I have to say on Fairy's strengths, weakness, and resistances, they seems good. The only thing I have a problem with is the immunity to Dragon.
    I also find it strange that Steel's resistances to Ghost and Dark are null now. Ghost I can kind of see but not Dark. At the very least, competitive battling is going to be a whole lot more interesting.

Last but not least, customization of one's trainer! Gosh, I love that. They really are trying to make X and Y enjoyable games.

I honestly cannot wait until these games come out which is less than a month from now :)

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Somebody on another pointed out something very interesting about Diantha and Korrina. If you look at Korrina's left hand and Diantha's necklace you will notice they have Mega Stones, this means that Mega Pokemon is not something you will only have access to but will also have to face regularly in the game.
    (Big Pictures)

Korrina
    Spoiler:

Diantha
    Spoiler:

This also means that Diantha might actually be very powerful since shes has a Mega-Pokemon.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I hope Diantha is the new regional Champion. I'd love a second female champion (still don't consider Iris the Unova champion, enjoyed Alder too much in that place.)

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • I hate to admit this, but this release showed some okay new 'mons. Pyroar and the poodle thing are both decent and surprisingly not terrible, and Tyrunt is actually a good T-Rex. Meowstic is especially good, though.

Mega Garchomp, though, is just plain ugly. The rows of spikes down the front look really dumb, and it overall looks like a botched mismatch of various parts.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Oh, so the Apatosaurus WASN'T winking...still an awful design either way. I have rather set expectations for fossil Pokemon and I do not want a cute Sauropod. Tyrunt is fierce so he gets a pass...by being the best fossil by far.

Also good god as much as Gamefreak is killing with with the Pokemon design their character designs are AWFUL. On top of the exaggeration their built just seems unnatural. Why are they so skinny?

Maybe it's the art style, I actually feel the same way for the Pokemon official art too. Despite looking fine in-game (which is saying something considering how bad the models are...) the official art really makes them look pretty awful. I can't pin point on what, but maybe it's the bland and very lifeless art style.

The older art style is so much better
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

The characters features aren't as exaggerated as they are now and they aren't super skinny for whatever reason. On top of that, it's simple, but it still has it's own charms and distinctive personality. The older arts were much more colorful and alive.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    I'm not understanding all the hate for Chespin's evolutions Quilladin. It's fat but more bulky its has some cool spikes for fingers and its rocking the green sweater look. I think its finally form will change people's mind

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    Now that everything is official and I got a chance to let the new info sink in its time for me to rate the new pokemon from the October leaks. (The ratings are based on a scale 1-10 on looks, ability, typing, and potential)

The Starters' Evolutions:

Quilladin (Grass) - 7.5

Braixen (Fire) - 8

Frogadier (Water) - 8.5

6th Fossil Pokemon:

Tyrunt (Rock/Dragon) - 9

Amaura (Rock/Ice) - 9

New Pokemon:

Meowstick (Psychic) - 7

Male:

Female:

Furfrou (Normal) - 7

Pyroar (Fire/Normal) - 8

Male:

Female:

Mega-Evolutions

Mega Mewtwo X (Psychic/Fighting) - 9.5

Mega Garchomp (Dragon/Ground) - 9

Thank you for reading very high ratings for the new pokemon and high expectations for X and Y less than a month away from international release.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A bit late to the party, but I'm still on the fence about Baby Doll Eyes; I think it should've kept its original name, IMO.

That being said, Tyrunt sounds cute for a baby T-Rex. Amaura also sounds kinda similar to its Japanese name as well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I thought MegaMewtwo X was going to be partially a dark-type, since it looked kind of intimidating to me. I would've liked MegaGarchomp more if it didn't have the same type combination as its regular form. Ice-types were a huge threat to this Pokémon because of its combination, and they still are a threat. Also, the spikes on its body are a little bad-looking, in my opinion. Its design would have looked much better if it didn't have those spikes. d:

My favorite Pyroar has gotta be the female one. It looks much more elegant!

Last edited:
    Years
  • A bit late to the party, but I'm still on the fence about Baby Doll Eyes; I think it should've kept its original name, IMO.

That being said, Tyrunt sounds cute for a baby T-Rex. Amaura also sounds kinda similar to its Japanese name as well.

Yeah I do have to admit that Baby Doll Eyes is an odd name for the new move Furfrou learns. Still, I love the names of all the new fossils and also I was dead on right at predicting Meowstic since it was mentioned in those rumors. And there's eyes hidden in Meowstic's ears? Interesting.

The starter evos have some cool names as well, I love how they used a French word in Braixen's name. But Quilladin is an interesting one because it apparently comes from "Paladin" which could hint some warrior theme with the final evo stage in Chespin's line, and it's our first Q-name Pokemon to not be from 2nd Gen as well!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Oh, so the Apatosaurus WASN'T winking...still an awful design either way. I have rather set expectations for fossil Pokemon and I do not want a cute Sauropod. Tyrunt is fierce so he gets a pass...by being the best fossil by far.

Also good god as much as Gamefreak is killing with with the Pokemon design their character designs are AWFUL. On top of the exaggeration their built just seems unnatural. Why are they so skinny?

Maybe it's the art style, I actually feel the same way for the Pokemon official art too. Despite looking fine in-game (which is saying something considering how bad the models are...) the official art really makes them look pretty awful. I can't pin point on what, but maybe it's the bland and very lifeless art style.

The older art style is so much better

The characters features aren't as exaggerated as they are now and they aren't super skinny for whatever reason. On top of that, it's simple, but it still has it's own charms and distinctive personality. The older arts were much more colorful and alive.

Not all of the new artwork is bad. Concept artwork is actually pretty beautiful imo.
    Spoiler:

Personally I think it's just as good as the old style.

Personally I think the art is still good and it's clearer. Artist change their style over time and with the introduction of digital technology the style's gonna change even more and there's nothing wrong with digital art. Though I have to agree that the new designs are way too skinny, but I do like the characters myself. Just a personal preference though. Diantha has some cool hair imo.

As for the Pokemon themselves, I'm loving them more now looking at their in-game art. Quilladin looks better with game graphics. And that names goes along with the rumor of Chespin's final evo being knight like. I'm still loving Braixen and the fact that it use the branch for attacking actually makes me more sure Fennekin will be Fire/Psychic in it's final form and the witch theory more believable Now that we got a better look of Furfrou, I'm liking it more. And I'm loving the idea of being able to change it's appearance from grooming it. The combed ones look much more poodle like. My favorite is the blue one. And I love that Pyroar got a female form cause it makes since being real female lions look different than male lions. It's female form is just majestic! Both Meowstic's forms are cool looking imo.

Diantha has a very angel like apperance too me and really fits the part of a person who would own a fashion boutique/hair salon. Team Flare's scientists have cool design, they look like something out of a futuristic sci-fi movie with those glasses. I love it. I'm now just wondering how them trying to change the world and make it "beautiful" is gonna end up being a bad thing.

As for the fossil Pokemon, I think Tyrunt is much cooler than Amaura. Whenever we have to pick what fossil to get, I'll definitely be picking the Jaw Fossil.

Years
  • I don't know which fossil to pick...I like them both.

Also Aurora beam in these games is even more beautiful than ever.

I love the new animation for Aurora Beam, it seems to have gotten better every new generation. But I think I love Amaura slightly better as far as the two fossils go, and Rock/Ice is one interesting type. It also looks so adorable too!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I just noticed that Mewtwo X is a part fighting type! That is freakin awesome. I really think Mewtwo Y should have been part Fairy. Oh well.

Back