• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters
    Years
    Finally we got the English names. I was surprised when I found out that Pyroar has a female form! I think I like the female more!
    All the starter's evolutions looks so good in battle.

And the new type chart with all the things they changed!!! So cool.

Oh boy, 29 days left!! :)

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Different outfits, a salon to change your hair and color.
    I'm satisfied with the customization so far.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    My immediate thought upon seeing the trailer. This is actually a good thing though, for those who are definitely looking for more customization on their trainer. It's about time, instead of always having to go to "that guy" in the Pokemon Center and just assuming a trainer class. Instead of that, you can just choose the kind of style that fits you, which I think is pretty damn awesome.

Yep, GF has taken a real initiative this Gen with all the additional features (hope they have sleeveless shirts). I didn't understand the 10 sec video though, is that suppose to be for your avatar's profile?

Regarding the type changes, Im not really surprised they decided to make Grass types immune to status inducing grass moves like Sleep Powder. In the last World Tournament (I think) the winner really abused Amoongus' Spore. Having now something to counter Spore without having to have Magic Coat is gonna come in handy.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Customization looks incredible. Way more extensive than I thought it would be!

Now I'm just holding out hope they don't develop a new currency that we have to pay real money for in order to get certain clothing items...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I was wondering if Pyroar would have a female version to represent the lioness. I like it, possibly even more than I like its male form (and I like that one a lot). Sadly, I still don't like Quilladin anymore in-game than from his artwork. He's got a cool name though, and I hope his final evolution redeems him.

The graphics for double battles look really nice by the way! Less of a clutter.

October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I knew that it would only make since for there to be a female form of Pyroar, since female and male lions look so different in the real world.

I love that we can change our clothing and stuff on our characters. I wonder if we unlock more clothing as we go. I love on the new pokemon and still loving Mewtwo X. X is by far the best game to me. Love all the version exclusives for X while I don't really care for the Y ones.

Years
    I was wondering if Pyroar would have a female version to represent the lioness. I like it, possibly even more than I like its male form (and I like that one a lot). Sadly, I still don't like Quilladin anymore in-game than from his artwork. He's got a cool name though, and I hope his final evolution redeems him.

The graphics for double battles look really nice by the way! Less of a clutter.

Well, at least from its name, we know it's based off of/around a knight in armor, quilladin sounds exactly like Paladin. I do like its name more than I like the other two names, though.

And I think Tyrunt's name is the wittiest and cutest Pokemon name ever. It's a wittle Tyrant lizard king in-training. I also thought the female Pyroar form is awesome as well. Imagine packs of those walking around. All around one of the best Polemon this generation.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Ghost types are no longer affected by moves like Mean Look. Gengar is even more awesome now!

Grass types are no longer affected by Stun Spore and Sleep Powder. At least Ferrothorn gets something in return for the loss of two resistances.

Electric types are now immune to paralysis. Choice Scarf Electrode anyone?

Also, I think Meowstic is going to evolve into Espurr.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Do you guys think this character (Diantha) could be a Fairy-Type trainer? She looks to me like she could fit the part.

This had me thinking because your multiple rivals also have a certain color scheme, could it be that GF is going for multiple rivals with specific type of pokemon as some type of Pseudo-Gym Leaders?

Years
    Tyrunt + Pyroar confirmed for most awesome adorable Pokemon ever. So cool.

And I do think Quilladin looks a lot better in-game than it does in paper. In fact, all three do. To the point where I'd reconsider my original starter choice and go with that or Froakie/Frogadier instead of Fennekin.

Otherwise I'll have 5 Fire types on one team

Can't say enough about that gameplay footage though. This game looks incredible.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Mega Garchomp just got slower. Huh. Well, that's the price to pay for having increased offenses, right?

Anyway, I'm liking Frogadier more and more not only because of its design, but also because of the name. I'm warming up more towards Quilladin; it just may become a knight in its last evol. I still like Braixen.

Tyrunt kinda sounds cute for a baby T-rex if you ask me. I also can't help but wonder why Meowstic didn't have the "k" at the end like Pokebeach said.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    There seems to be a new stat reducing priority move.

"Furfrou can learn Baby-Doll Eyes, a Fairy-type move new to Pokémon X and Pokémon Y. With Baby-Doll Eyes, the user goes first regardless of Speed. The move can lower the target's Attack stat."

I don't know how useful this will be but is cool I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2023
    Do you guys think this character (Diantha) could be a Fairy-Type trainer? She looks to me like she could fit the part.

This had me thinking because your multiple rivals also have a certain color scheme, could it be that GF is going for multiple rivals with specific type of pokemon as some type of Pseudo-Gym Leaders?

Where did you get that image. I didn't see it on Serebii.

Years

I am wondering if she will be our champion?

I like the fact we can sporadically trade pokemon with her as well.

Back