• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Box Art for SoulSilver & HeartGold!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Official Box Art for SoulSilver & HeartGold!

This isn't official, but does anyone agree that (after changing the font and bevel angles) the possible English logos would be a five minute Photoshop job? :P I somehow would like to think that the official logo will end up like these (with a prettier font).

I think that they should remove the 'version' part. No one says 'Pokemon Platinum Version' or 'Pokemon Pearl Version'. I think they should just remove it altogether and just name the games 'Heart Gold and Soul Silver'.

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    I believe that they will have that box, and inside will be the little spedometer thing, along with the normal sized DS games, with the same boxart etc on it, but with the game and manual inside of that.

-Tom

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    The box-art look pretty good in my opinion.

The PokeWalker makes the box huge...

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    The size of the box will reduce commercial appeal although it's worth it for the PokeWalker.

I have a feeling though that the PokeWalker may only reach Japan, because of the very reason.
    I'm curious if the PokeWalker will be able to be used in other games such as Platinum, that would be really good.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The size of the box will reduce commercial appeal although it's worth it for the PokeWalker.

I have a feeling though that the PokeWalker may only reach Japan, because of the very reason.
    I'm curious if the PokeWalker will be able to be used in other games such as Platinum, that would be really good.
    Reduce commercial appeal? How, exactly? Sure, a bigger box may be slightly less convenient, but... well, nobody is going to look at it and say 'Son, you sure you want this game? HELL NO! Just look at the size of that box! It's huge!' =P

Same reason why the PokeWalker won't necessarily NOT be sold outside of Japan - it may not be included in the end, but it definitely won't be because they make the box too big.

And the PokeWalker works only with HG/SS (unless future sales of Platinum have changes to it). But it's because from all reports, it communicates with the HG/SS cartridge rather than the DS itself. Doubt it'll ever be for outside HG/SS...

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Is it just me that finds bulky stuff less attractive :S

I personally would've have though that a slimmer case would be better but you do have a point, little kids looking at an aisle of games are bound to want the biggest one.

Oh and thats a pituy about the Pokewalker.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think the artwork looks alright. For some reason, I was expecting more, still look good though.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Ooh, that's classy.
    And is that Kyogre I see off to the side of the HG box, or am I just crazy?
    See? this is why girls are indeed crazy!
    just a joke ^_^

i prefer the original box art. this ones SUCK!
    and from when did Ho-oh got blue claws / legs. now my parrot looks better (even that he died a few days ago. im getting a new one.)

Hmm..i still don't know what version to get...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    i dont see it, but serebii says that after the elite 4, u'll be able to catch kyogre in HG and groudon in SS. And if u get both of them on the same game, rayquaza will be catchable. at least thats how i thnik they said it....

You have to have both Kyogre and Groudon to be able to get access to Rayquaza, hence the plus sign between the two. If you don't get them now, you'll just have to wait for the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, if they ever get made.

I'm getting both as I did with Fire Red and Leaf Green and with GSC. I love the art , although I expected the new art of Ho-Oh and Lugia to be used on these. having a larger box would never impede the sales of buying a game from such a great franchise as Pokemon, It will only make children and fans of the orginals want to get the games even more. And if you do not want those Pokewalkers, Nintendo usually stops after a few months of having extras (like the Wireless Connector or FR/LG) and just has the game.

I think that they should remove the 'version' part. No one says 'Pokemon Platinum Version' or 'Pokemon Pearl Version'. I think they should just remove it altogether and just name the games 'Heart Gold and Soul Silver'.

And I think we should also change the logos to be more like the Japanese logos, just because they are much cooler looking than the generic and lame one we outside of Japan got.

Last edited:

Ashi

The cupcake theif!
    Years
    I love these boxes, I haven't purchased an actual pokemon game since the originals but I'll be buying these both myself just to have 'collected' them. <3

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
    luvin ta box art.
    is it really as big as it is in the picture i know its packaged in with pedomiterthingy but ithought it was small

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    I love the box-art. But look at Ho-Oh's belly :3. It's fat. xD. No Offense to Ho-Oh Fans. xD

~Fairytales.
    Lol, yeah I just noticed that! I always thought that Ho-oh had a tender belly. xD But the angle is all messed up, and its belly extends into its legs! Lol, it's like:

Ho-oh flew up in the air!

The foe's Slowking used Psychic! The attack of the foe's Slowking missed!

Ho- oh fell out of the air because it's fat! Ho-oh fainted!

Player lost against Psychic Lorraine...

Dialga812

The crusade marches on.
    Years
    Lol, yeah I just noticed that! I always thought that Ho-oh had a tender belly. xD But the angle is all messed up, and its belly extends into its legs! Lol, it's like:

Ho-oh flew up in the air!

The foe's Slowking used Psychic! The attack of the foe's Slowking missed!

Ho- oh fell out of the air because it's fat! Ho-oh fainted!

Player lost against Psychic Lorraine...

:D i know... the drawing for ho-oh is a bit different :(...

but owell i still lyk ho-oh :P

Peccadillo

p h a n t o m
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2011
    Oh my, both look stunning.. I see nothing wrong with Ho-oh. Lugia bothers me a bit since it looks fairly angry, but still awesome. It's so hard to decide which one I'll buy. They're better than any other Pokemon game's box art, hehe.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    They both look amazing! I love how they incorporated the Tin Tower behind Ho-oh and the Whirl Islands behind Lugia.

I kinda like how the boxes are bigger because its something different then the cheepo plastic Nintendo DS cases...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    They both look amazing! I love how they incorporated the Tin Tower behind Ho-oh and the Whirl Islands behind Lugia.

I kinda like how the boxes are bigger because its something different then the cheepo plastic Nintendo DS cases...
    That will probably be inside the box. All it is for is for the pokewalker.

Back