• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Emblem Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Yes, so long as it's been three years since your join date, you can get the Veterans Emblem.

btw, enjoy yours. Posting just so there's no double emblems handed out.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • Oh, dang, I forgot about the Veteran emblem. I've been here for a while over three years. Can I get mine please?

Edit: That was fast! Thanks!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Enjoy your emblem! Glad you stuck around for three years!

New page likes emblems a lot.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Could I claim my 1st place photography contest emblem please?

You'll get your emblem once all of them have been uploaded which will be closer to the end to the Get-Together, this includes the gaming events. From there you can expect your emblem, so don't worry, you'll get it once they're all uploaded in bulk.

Years

• You'll get your emblem once all of them have been uploaded which will be closer to the end to the Get-Together, this includes the gaming events. From there you can expect your emblem, so don't worry, you'll get it once they're all uploaded in bulk.

Ok, cheers Gav.

Just when ever you get around to it. Second year running. I do like.

Poeman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Nov 1, 2012
    Answer got before I asked the question, I was wondering when I would get my emblem for gaming night 1 :X
    Well thanks for the info!

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Can I get any emblems? XD
    I don't think I can get any other the ones on the first page though! XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I would add an emblem for having a certain amount of posts. And maybe a bonus for in a certain amount of time e.g 100 posts in a month

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Can I get any emblems? XD
    I don't think I can get any other the ones on the first page though! XD
    Nope, you ask for any other emblems except for the ones on the first page. The other ones are given out with secret requirements in mind, and if you get told how to get those emblems, then everyone would know. And where's the fun in that, né?

I would add an emblem for having a certain amount of posts. And maybe a bonus for in a certain amount of time e.g 100 posts in a month
    Personally, I'm against the idea because it could lead to members spamming to get the emblem. While it is possible to make 100 good non-spam posts a month, still... I'm not liking this idea. And it would be difficult to keep an eye on all those that would deserve this emblem.

Can i request an emblem for being paired with someone for a year??
    Just let me find proof, and it's on your way.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I highly doubt any spammer will try to get 5000 posts without getting permabanned first.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • You'd be surprised.

We obviously can't be overly obsessive over people who simply post-farm, as there would be far too many people to reprimand. Even so, we can cut down on it by not encouraging it. An emblem would pretty much give everyone the green light to create pointless posts and threads.

Years
  • It'll give the mods a tough time because they'll have to be deleting all of those useless posts. I don't think having an emblem for a high post count would be that necessary like how the Celebrations sub-forums disallows 'Congratulations on 1000 posts!' kind of threads.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I highly doubt any spammer will try to get 5000 posts without getting permabanned first.
    Um...why 5000 posts as a goal? Yes, that's when a member receives a blog, but if a spammer isn't noticed by the time they reach 5000 posts, I'd seriously start to wonder.

Besides, BlooMilk C.'s example was for someone to receive an emblem for making 100 posts a month. While that's not difficult to do (it's around four posts a day), staff doesn't want to encourage anyone in any way to make borderline-spam posts. Better to not encourage it than to do so and create more work.

And Logiedan has a point. We don't celebrate post count now, aside from blogs. Why change it?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I want to say something. I don't really think that an emblem like this would just encourage negative spammy posts.

But, hasn't anyone thought that it can also encourage mature, constructive posts in the forum under the correct constraints?

5,000 posts for a blog is a lot. It requires the normal member to be part of the community for a good while and to make all those posts. They are also under the constraint that if they are spammy along that way, they will never get there because of infractions, eventual depression in social view, and bans. Not everyone is exactly a total idiot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back