• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!

How do you feel about the Mega Evolutions?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they give Mega Evolution formes mostly to Pokémon that didn't evolve in the past games such as Skarmory, Aerodactyl, Heracross, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Shuckle, and Lapras, then I'm absolutely fine with it. The only thing I don't like about this system is that it's only temporary. It would have been much better if Mega Evolutions were permanent, in my opinion.

I wonder if Mega Evolutions will be carried on to the generation 7 games?

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • If they give Mega Evolution formes mostly to Pokémon didn't evolve in the past games such as Skarmory, Aerodactyl, Heracross, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Shuckle, and Lapras, then I'm absolutely fine with it. The only thing I don't like about this system is that it's only temporary. It would have been much better if Mega Evolutions were permanent, in my opinion.

I wonder if Mega Evolutions will be carried on to the generation 7 games?

Most Likely, this isn't something they'd remove in future gens, but let's stick to gen 6 for now.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Mega evolutions are so not necessary! Blaziken and Lucario don't need an upgrade in their stats. and I thought Awakened Mewtwo was just Mewtwo and his DNA giving him the power to change form, but it is just a Mega form -.-
    They look cool, except for Ampharos, which is Dragon now, why?

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Mega evolutions are so not necessary! Blaziken and Lucario don't need an upgrade in their stats. and I thought Awakened Mewtwo was just Mewtwo and his DNA giving him the power to change form, but it is just a Mega form -.-
    They look cool, except for Ampharos, which is Dragon now, why?

Ampharos' Japanese name, Denryu, has 2 translations, it can either translate to Electric Current, or Electric Dragon (should be obvious when ya know that Ryu means Dragon).
    So it was Elelctric Dragon in name since introduction, now it's elec/dragon in type.

UPDATE: The English Pokémon Youtube has uploaded a video showcasing the Mega Evolution in action!
    It also shows the gym leader is named Korrina, and her gym puzzle involves using your roller skates to grind around the gym!
    Also, the Torchic holding a Megastone has been confirmed for English distribution too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHgE0vtOXU
    Also, Megastones are confirmed on the official site as hold items, and are named after the Pokémon that can use them, for instance, Lucarionite.
    They can be found in game in hidden areas.
    The official site also states that Mega Evolution lasts for the whole battle and then deactivates once the battle is over.
    The official Site also has info on Super Training, which is accessed via the touch screen.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Blaziken and Mawile are my two favorite megas. My least favorite is Absol because it just looks strange with those fur wings.

The new rabbit Bunnelby looks like someone dipped its ears in chocolate :3
    Dedenne looks like a baby Raichu, so I'm hoping its evolution (if it gets one) will look more unique.
    Everyone has known about Skiddo for a while, but I'm glad that there will be a baby Gogoat.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to get Torchic right away. I'm also wondering if the Kalos Pokédex will have every Pokémon in it? It seems strange that they would give away Torchic to people who just bought the games.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Okay, so new names:
    -Meekuru is Skiddo. I like the combination of "skid" and "kiddo" (slang for kid, a child or a young goat)
    -Horubii is Bunnelby
    -Dedenne keeps its Japanese name

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014

I like that. I guess he's this gen's "Pachirisu" type. He's super cute at least.

I'm warming up to mega Pokemon but I am still kind of put off by the whole thing. It just creates a new level of confusion. Will mega pokemon be allowed in competitive battles? I don't think that would be fair. And are we going to need a mega pokemon to beat Korrina? ... How many mega pokemon will there be?

Kitkat315

Crazy Cat Lady
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2014
    After seeing the video and time for this to sink in, I actually really like Mega Evolutions. Even the name has grown on me! Also, is it just me, or does everything look WAAAAAAAAY better in the in-game footage? That's how Mega-Blaziken and Mega-Lucario have started to grow on me.

Years
  • Mega Stone are not obtainable through normal gameplay. I think it's a good idea from gamefreak, which is to avoid excessive use of Mega Evolution in competitive or casual battle in a team. Maybe one Mega pokemon for a team.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Mega Stone are not obtainable through normal gameplay. I think it's a good idea from gamefreak, which is to avoid excessive use of Mega Evolution in competitive or casual battle in a team. Maybe one Mega pokemon for a team.

Actually, only the Blazikenite is unobtainable through normal gameplay, the official site states that other Mega Stones can be found in-game in hidden areas.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Check out the official site too.

Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!
    Dang!

Mega Blaziken also looks pretty cool. Really, art only does so much - seeing the models always seems to make them look better, or for me at least. And just imagine it in 3D! =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2014
    Mega Stone are not obtainable through normal gameplay. I think it's a good idea from gamefreak, which is to avoid excessive use of Mega Evolution in competitive or casual battle in a team. Maybe one Mega pokemon for a team.

Only Blazikenite is not obtainable in normal gameplay.

From Pokemon.com:
    "Some of the many Mega Stones seem to be hidden in secret places in the Kalos region."

Each pokemon with a mega evolution will have its own specific stone.

Check out the official site too.

Official September CoroCoro Discussion Thread -- Mega Evolutions, New Pokémon, More!
    Dang!

Mega Blaziken also looks pretty cool. Really, art only does so much - seeing the models always seems to make them look better, or for me at least. And just imagine it in 3D! =D

Agreed. They do look better in-game. I'm actually really impressed with how they made all the Pokemon look so great in-game. I originally thought they didn't look as good as the Pokedex 3D models, but they match Sugimori's style much better and kind of give me that same feeling that sprites give.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Okay, so new names:
    -Meekuru is Skiddo. I like the combination of "skid" and "kiddo" (slang for kid, a child or a young goat)
    -Horubii is Bunnelby

I think these names are odd, Skiddo sounds kinda catchy I have to say although Dedenne looks pretty hard to pronounce, I tried so many different pronunciations of it. But it was expected the Pikaclone would keep its Japanese name. Bunnelby I guess might be a pun on bunny and tunnel.

And they also confirmed the new Gym Leader's English name - Korrina. It's a bit of an odd name but after I looked closely and noticed her artwork shows her kicking and she's in a boxing ring, we can safely assume she specializes in Fighting-types. I remember someone once rumored a Fighting Gym Leader in the game.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Sorry but after watching that video, I'm even more enthusiastic about these Mega Evoltuions! They look so awesome in action and the animation for the transformation is fantastic, I also love how the player was grinding on the railing in that new swanky looking Gym!

Oh, btw anyone else think that the new Gym Leader Korrina might be Fighting type?

Last edited:

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • Sorry but after watching that video, I'm even more enthusiastic about these Mega Evoltuions! They look so awesome in action and the animation for the transformation is fantastic, I also love how the player was grinding on the railing in that new swanky looking Gym!

Oh, btw anyone else think that the new Gym Leader Korrina might be Fighting type?

Yup, that definitely looks like a fist.

Years
  • I don't really like the concept of Mega Evolutions, I'm sure it'll become a popular thing to bash, but before I even read people bashing them my own opinion is that I don't like it. That said some of the megaevos look reasonably cool. Although Mewtwo's megaevo makes little sense as the design makes it look weaker than Mewtwo.

My only other thought on this is that we have more than enough electric rodents and this one just looks like a really crap version of Raichu.

Bad month for information personally, but I'm still excited for the game.

Back