• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2024
    Can I trade the hoenn and sinnoh pokemon to pokemon Heartgold and soulsilver even if I didn't defeat the elite four first?

Dragard

Ghoul Soul
    Years
    Can I trade the hoenn and sinnoh pokemon to pokemon Heartgold and soulsilver even if I didn't defeat the elite four first?
    You can do any trading you want at any time as long as it's local. To activate Wi-Fi, you need to find Bill at the Pokemon Center in that one town above Goldenrod... I know it's name, I just don't know how to spell it... -_-

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
    Hi guys. Just recently, I beat all the rocket grunts and admins or whatever in mahogany town and beat pryce at the gym. When I stepped out of the gym elm was supposed to call me, but he didn't. The radio tower in golden rod isn't under attack either. Was there something I forgot to do? I have already shown him the togepi that hatched out of the egg. Help would be greatly appreciated. (Damn, my memory must be going or something)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    You can do any trading you want at any time as long as it's local. To activate Wi-Fi, you need to find Bill at the Pokemon Center in that one town above Goldenrod... I know it's name, I just don't know how to spell it... -_-
    Actually I believe you can trade such Pokemon over once you get the normal Pokedex from Oak earleir on in Mr Pokemon's house...?
    Hi guys. Just recently, I beat all the rocket grunts and admins or whatever in mahogany town and beat pryce at the gym. When I stepped out of the gym elm was supposed to call me, but he didn't. The radio tower in golden rod isn't under attack either. Was there something I forgot to do? I have already shown him the togepi that hatched out of the egg. Help would be greatly appreciated. (Damn, my memory must be going or something)
    Probably means you haven't triggered an event. He's meant to call once you beat the 7th gym, so have you beaten Olivine's and Cianwood's gyms yet, for starters? (Seeing you don't have to do those before Pryce).

MrAPT1

Years
    Probably means you haven't triggered an event. He's meant to call once you beat the 7th gym, so have you beaten Olivine's and Cianwood's gyms yet, for starters? (Seeing you don't have to do those before Pryce).
    That's strange. I've obtained 7 badges so far. I don't have any more to get except for the last one before the league at blackthorn city.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    That's strange. I've obtained 7 badges so far. I don't have any more to get except for the last one before the league at blackthorn city.
    Have you beaten the electrodes? If you have i dont think you need to worry about a call im sure.... i dont remember having one... just go straight to the radio tower in goldenrod, if it isnt under attack or whatever goto the underground and remember to meet lance there and get your costume!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Have you beaten the electrodes? If you have i dont think you need to worry about a call im sure.... i dont remember having one... just go straight to the radio tower in goldenrod, if it isnt under attack or whatever goto the underground and remember to meet lance there and get your costume!
    Odd indeed. Anyways, you have to beat the electrodes to be able to leave the rocket hideout so it wouldn't be that, I believe.

Have you beaten the rocket in the Dance theatre? Or tried walking east towards Ice Path - maybe you have to buy the ragecandybar item? =/ Curious. Also as mentioned see if you can't just go and do stuff in goldenrod - maybe you skipped the call somehow.

MrAPT1

Years
    Thanks for the help guys. I've solved the problem. Turns out I still had one thing left to do that I forgot about. ^_^ I had actually forgot to beat jasmine. I thought I had beaten here before, but I guess I forgot to save or something.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    problems with unowns -.-'

1. wath must i do to open the secret chamber of omanyte?! (the other were hoho, flash escape rope)?!

2. after i cathced all 24 unowns how can i open the chamber of unown ! and ? ?!

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    You need to go through the Union Cave. From gfaqs:
    If you head a bit to the left (note that you can fish in the water with the Old
    Rod for Level 10 Magikarp and Goldeen) you will notice that you can go up as
    well as down. For now, go up. Collect the X ATTACK to the left, then go straight
    up. The first firebreather of the game will spot you, with quite the sprite.
    Defeat his Vulpix, then go down the stairs.

Head straight forward and press A on the rock you hit to get a hidden X SPEED.
    Keep going left to find a TM39 ROCK TOMB lying on the floor. This is a fairly
    good Rock move with low PP but a 100% chance of lowering the target's speed
    as well as a 50 base power. You may be better off with Rock Throw if you have
    a Geodude or Onix, though but it could be a good asset for Sandshrew.

If you go to the northern part of the room, you can also get an X DEFEND.

use Surf to surf up into a new part of this floor. Battle the
    hiker found here, then examine the small rock next to the larger, pointier
    rock in the top right corner in relation to the hiker to find a hidden REVIVE.

Continue going up for another hiker, then follow the left route up the stairs.
    Surf across the water here and go back onto land through the gap

take the southern path
    instead of going left. Push the boulder a space to the left, then go up the
    now exposed stairs. Just follow the path around and then exit the cave.

You'll be in the ruins again, but this time in some weird boulder maze. Be
    careful not to jump over the ledge at the bottom (like I just did when I was
    writing this >_>;) There's an invisible NUGGET on one of the mid boulders if
    you use the Itemfinder. Find your way around - note that you can cross in front
    of that green thing - and enter the ruin on the other side.

This time, we need a Water Stone. If you're lucky enough to have one, go up to
    the painting and "Use" it and the wall will open. The stone itself won't be
    used, thankfully. Go inside to find a STARDUST, STAR PIECE, MYSTIC WATER and
    LEPPA BERRY.

In the main room, you can solve a puzzle of Omanyte. Do so, with the usual
    touchscreen moving and rotating pieces to get thrown into the ruins with even
    more Unown shapes unlocked. In fact, you should be able to catch all of the
    regular twentysix alphabet letters now.

I think that's all, sorry if it got confusing because the guide kinda jumps around.

You get the ? and ! Unown after you catch the 26 other Unown. A new chamber in the main area is opened up after you get all 26 and talk to one of the researchers.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    ah ok i needed only the part of omanyt's chamber (y) thank you

while i was playing arrived at 2 conclusions:

-for the "new chamber" of ? and ! unown you need 26 normal unown AND to open the 4 secret chamber (if you don't open the 4 chambers you can't catch ? and ! unown)

-the "new chamber" is the principal access to the ruins (where are the stairs to go down)

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    you must open the for secret chambers of the ruins: they are acessible from each chamber where there is a puzzle game

for open each secret chamber you must do something...

-"use" an idric stone (omanyte)
    -have hoho in first position (hoho)
    -"use" escape rope (aerodactyl or kabuto, i don't remember)
    -use flash (aerodactyl or kabuto, i don't remember)

ah before do this actions you must go in front of the accesses of the secret chambers (these are special pannels)

other problem...on route 47 there is omar (from sinnoh) saying something...do he unlocked some special events??

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2023
    mmm...strange...i talked to the central scientist, than i went to the main chamber (where you go downstairs) and i found ? and ! ...strange

somebody know what says omar from sinnoh on rout 47??

Zowayix

hi
    Years
    Someone told me that Red is a one-time only battle in HGSS.

Is this true? Or does he still reappear after beating the Elite 4?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back