• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • Alex, Ty, Paige, Gian, Jorge, and I feel bad for saying but that's about it.I might remember more usernames. Are any of you still around?
    I wonder what Alex could've predecessed shenanigans and I? Those times sound like a completely different PC in it's entirety… like looking into a time capsule, I'd imagine.

Hey guys, you want to hear a really morbid joke?

... ... ... My uncle is in the closet.
    The pun lies in that he was a closeted homosexual up until his thirties (and dashingly announced it to his parents only along with the other spoiler that my mother and father had an open marriage, even though everyone kind of already knew), and that he's also literally in the closet, ergo in an urn of ashes.

At first when my mother shared this with me I was rather disgusted and annoyed, but the more I thought of it, it somehow gained a sick humor. It's a reverse pun - quite the odd phenomenon. For Joey himself, though, I think his alive self would be angry at the joke but his dead self would laugh along with us, knowing him for the time I did. :p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Once I was at work and we were telling anti jokes and there's this one pretty uptight intern that works with us that follows the rules to a T and won't even bend them. One of the women next to him said "How do you make a baby float?"

He gave her the darkest look I have ever seen him give. Apparently this is not acceptable work humor, hahahah.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I wonder what Alex could've predecessed shenanigans and I? Those times sound like a completely different PC in it's entirety… like looking into a time capsule, I'd imagine.

Hey guys, you want to hear a really morbid joke?

... ... ... My uncle is in the closet.
    The pun lies in that he was a closeted homosexual up until his thirties (and dashingly announced it to his parents only along with the other spoiler that my mother and father had an open marriage, even though everyone kind of already knew), and that he's also literally in the closet, ergo in an urn of ashes.

At first when my mother shared this with me I was rather disgusted and annoyed, but the more I thought of it, it somehow gained a sick humor. It's a reverse pun - quite the odd phenomenon. For Joey himself, though, I think his alive self would be angry at the joke but his dead self would laugh along with us, knowing him for the time I did. :p
    Jokes don't work when you explain what kind of joke it is. Even if someone might not understand.

I got the joke and smirked a little, but then I got to the line after and it faded almost immediately, even though you had some back story to it. You're supposed to use that before a joke to set up for a punch line.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Jokes don't work when you explain what kind of joke it is. Even if someone might not understand.

I got the joke and smirked a little, but then I got to the line after and it faded almost immediately, even though you had some back story to it. You're supposed to use that before a joke to set up for a punch line.
    Thank you. Sorry I didn't understand that.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I used to have folders full of funny images and silly things I found on 4chan and reddit, but I never used a single file from those folders. Mainly I forgot they existed, but yeah. Now I have one folder with a few things I may possibly use/need (like lifehacks).

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I am so annoyed that my neighbors dump in their yard and my fan blows the scent of their garbage into my room. I can't imagine how many fines they've gotten from the homeowner's association >_>

I remember when I was 12 or 13, I had a folder in my root drive directory called All my Stuff. Since I never meshed well with the forced organization WinNT6.x OSes pushed, I've always implemented something of my own aside from that. That folder was my organization skills at their best, as everything was added on an as-needed basis and I only had folders for things that warranted division. Later attempts years down the road didn't come out as attractively, though - I guess I can't help but pre-organize before there's a need. :/

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • This reminds me too, when I was backuping most of my data in several external hard drives, which contains my personal internet archives and stuffs. I named the folder E or G (depending on the file's location), but I rarely used them nowadays.

Years
  • Am I the only one who thought of Pajama Sam when they saw the title? Ahaha.
    mzcBQ0x.jpg

I have a folder called "Junk" that I put everything from my desktop into. Other than that, my most used folder is my downloads folder, which lags my computer from the sheer amount of crap in it whenever I open it up.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Am I the only one who thought of Pajama Sam when they saw the title? Ahaha.
    mzcBQ0x.jpg

I have a folder called "Junk" that I put everything from my desktop into. Other than that, my most used folder is my downloads folder, which lags my computer from the sheer amount of crap in it whenever I open it up.

It's a song!! Now I'm trying to look it up and none of the versions I can find are like mine. Well there's one that you can download as a doc here but it seems to be a weird grade school version of this song. No one knows it I guess then :(

Years
  • Pajama Sam, Freddie Fish, Putt-Putt, and Spy Fox were staples of my childhood. Such amazing games. NOW I WANT TO PLAY THEM.

1000x YES!! Gah I have like all of them at home and I play them for nostalgia all the time the art is adorable and brings back so many great childhood memories ;o; Loooove those games.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I never played any of those. I was more of a Commander Keen and Carmen Sandiego kid. I played through all the Keen games and I put who knows how many hours into the Carmen Sandiego game I had for the PC (I also loved the TV shows). Later on I got completely and utterly obsessed with RollerCoaster Tycoon as well.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • My early days with computer games were Commander Keen, Invasion of the Mutant Space Bats, some golf game (such a damn satisfying ball in cup sound effect), and several Disney games.

Then eventually stuff like Zoo Tycoon, SimCity, and the Sims. And now the wonder of Steam

EDIT: OH AND LEGO ISLAND :D

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Back before I had internet consistently, I was always playing SimCity Classic/2000/4, Raptor: Call of the Shadows (Special Edition), Asteroid Miner (aka Star Miner), Speedy Eggbert (Special Edition also, until I bought the full game), RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, Impressions Games' Pharaoh/Zeus/Caesar III, and of course Age of Empires Gold and AoK/AoC. Those were some fun times.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aaa Roller Coaster Tycoon and Age of Kings! Two of the best games I ever played.

I want to try Wildstar... Basically WoW in sci-fi setting, what's not to love?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back