• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
  • I remember when CD games used to come in cereal boxes

I got PC versions of Game and Life and Monopoly and such. I think I got Roller Coaster Tycoon this way too

Noibat

Years
  • I would eat the cereal to get the CDs but my older Sis would take them. I didn't play many PC games. There was Dino Park Tycoon, Oregon Trail, and some weird Men in Black game based on the cartoon

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Around 2006-2007 Kellogs gave out these Tony the Tiger soccer game things, and they were pretty fun. I was way too old to be enjoying em(and way too game conscious to not notice their horrible budgets), but damn if they weren't excellent time wasters.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • I never played those. My Brother always hogged the PC for stuff. I used to love Number Munchers and the Tycoon games when I was a kid. I was surprised to hear that they still make them

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Oh man sharing with siblings - my sister and I up until somewhere in the middle of high school shared a computer. But we both loved playing video games so we had to split it, 1 hour at a time. It was miserable, not even just not being able to use it as much as we wanted; how can you get a groove going on an MMO if you can only play for an hour?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Bwahahaha, I'm a single child, never had the need for all those petty squabbles and power struggles. Though to be perfectly honest, I'm a selfish bastard who grew up with a feeling of emptiness and lack of self improvement, never being able to guide a younger one with the knowledge of the world or being said younger one and having a good role model to grow up with.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I was only kidding. I know its really a long endurance race of abuse and fighting, until Puberty hits and either you or him/her get too big to fight anymore.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My sister and and I really chill. I can tell her almost everything, short of anything religiously questionable or sex, and she'd be so cool with it. She might actually be cool with sex as well, but I've yet to test those waters.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • My sister and I lived together for a while. We have a love-hate relationship. We talk about and share everything: sexual experiences, ethics, politics, relationships, etc.

I don't actually take her advice (her relationships literally fail all the time within four months), but she's nice to vent to :P

Living with her was treacherous, though.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Bwahahaha, I'm a single child, never had the need for all those petty squabbles and power struggles. Though to be perfectly honest, I'm a selfish bastard who grew up with a feeling of emptiness and lack of self improvement, never being able to guide a younger one with the knowledge of the world or being said younger one and having a good role model to grow up with.
    I have a brother and everything in this post seems incredibly foreign to me o.o

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • As an only child, I have the benefit of Christmas-time gift spoiling. I also benefit from being the child most loved by my parents.

But I also wish I had siblings to grow up with and experience the various challenges of life with. My dad has four siblings and my mom has two. I wish I had that to see them have families of their own and enjoy family reunions and whatnot with.

But such is life.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • As an only child, I have the benefit of Christmas-time gift spoiling. I also benefit from being the child most loved by my parents.

But I also wish I had siblings to grow up with and experience the various challenges of life with. My dad has four siblings and my mom has two. I wish I had that to see them have families of their own and enjoy family reunions and whatnot with.

But such is life.

You don't wanna know. I have a total of 5 siblings(3 sisters and 2 brothers) and the hardships are brutal, if you happen to be the oldest, like I am. You become yesterday's news, and the youngest will almost always be the spoiled. Of course, having some people realtivly your age, that you can trust, is good.

But you'd have to prepare to put up with alot of first-world ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥. Like taking your food, or breaking ♥♥♥♥ that was important to you. Especially Christmas, where you'll definetly get jealous of what your siblings get. xD

But as such, I love my siblings, they are cool. It's just like having a bad roommate, who sometimes comes through with rent, but they make your life a tad more intriging. :p

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • My sister is a massive bother at all times, unless… actually never. When she's on the computer she's either blaring some Wapanese animu weeaboo music or PewdiePie, so it's either slushy rock in a foreign language or some Swedey that screams loud enough to crack the sound every time. When she's not beached on the bed she's downstairs running at the mouth to either Melodie or my mother like verbal diarrhea, to the point where I just can't even bear listening. Some of the things she talks about are so trivially ♥♥♥♥ing pointless that I'm amazed she cares not only to think about those things but to share them with others who are passively listening in a frenzy of stumbling speech mixed with hideous laughter.

Like the others in the house, she's not the brightest tool in the shed. I went downstairs to share a rather caniving business idea with the others, and after I was done she said that it's impossible to sue a corporation if people like them. It was absolutely stunning. o_o I don't know what Athenian delusion she thinks the US Government functions on, but its far from any concrete… anything. Like all the people just gather in a theatre or some ♥♥♥♥ and take a vote on whether a business entity is liable to suit based on their personal beliefs and opinions. Wow…

Having any sort of kosher relationship with my sister is nigh impossible at this point. That train has sailed…

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My sis is 8 years younger than me and is currently living out her years doing the things I did not and avoiding the things I did do.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Apparently the US Treasury is having a lapse in paying Veterans' pensions. For the past year we've been getting ours a week early (it's technically supposed to come on the first), and when it wasn't coming early like normal my mother ended up calling our credit union - apparently tons of people had also called in. What I find weird is that all the disabled and/or retired vets were getting paid early, not just us.

Another interesting thing with free money: When my mother relinquished the Social Security disability income she was getting for me a few years ago, they kept depositing checks into her account two months after she terminated the thing. They told us the only way they'd stop paying us money was to come to their office personally. o_O

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    At least you guys are getting pensions. My dad has at least 70% disability, way above the needed percentage for one, and yet he can't because he owes to the government. Meanwhile, there has been no crackdown on normal pensions that are being paid out to dead people, which accounts for over 40% of total money being paid out to pensions. That's right, the government is giving free money to swathes of people because the system doesn't work. And most of these people should have stopped getting em sometime in the 70s.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back