• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
  • What are you talking about?

What did you eat there anyway? Or maybe it's just you.
    I don't go to McDonald's often, so I imagine that's why my body isn't "accustomed" to it, however both their breakfast and lunches (sausage biscuit + hash brown, big mick / qtr lber) have made me both unhappy (as in I feel like absolute garbage for no reason) and sleepy. Also the qtr lber gave me a massive stomachache, so bad that on the way home I ended up detouring into a residential neighborhood to kneel next to someone's truck, and the lady who lives there opened her door and just stared at me. I was like "no, it's not what it looks like!" and just went somewhere else after it subsided for the time being.

Why am I eating this poison lmao

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    omg just take the half-hour lunch break haha

I get up at 8:05am and I'm at work at 8:30am when I open the store :P

I'M TRYING TO BE SOCIAL OKAY.

This is how the social circle of interns/people in my program works: the people in my program generally take an hour lunch from 12-1. The interns I get along best with take lunch from 12:30-1. I could go down with them and talk to them and maybe get a chance at talking to the other people in my program, but then in a few months when all the interns are gone I won't know anyone in my program. :(

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • So whatever is in that food I ate earlier today has chemicals that intrude into my thought patterns, and it's scaring the crap out of me. I was looking in my fridge for something to eat and as I asserted to myself that I ought not eat that again another thought impulsively told me the opposite. I really, really, really am going to be staying away from fast food altogether because my brain is way too valuable to be subjected to that sort of chemical abuse. My money will happily go to Sarge's Grill since even though their burgers are $10 they don't have physical and mental addiction agents in them, not to mention it tastes a lot better anyway and I'd be happy to fund a small business run by veteran NCOs than some guy who pays himself two thousand times the hourly wage of his employees and seeks control over my brain. :)

I'M TRYING TO BE SOCIAL OKAY.

This is how the social circle of interns/people in my program works: the people in my program generally take an hour lunch from 12-1. The interns I get along best with take lunch from 12:30-1. I could go down with them and talk to them and maybe get a chance at talking to the other people in my program, but then in a few months when all the interns are gone I won't know anyone in my program. :(
    ^o^

^3^

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • ^ Dude, needs more text.

You guys are all talking about schedules, and I'm just like "I'm a freelancer, I can get my work done whenever, as long as I do it."

Ah yes. Freelancing. c:

Anyway, I looked at the app for android for PC. . . Now, why the hell does it need my location? I mean honestly. . .

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The worst: when I'm on a mobile site and I get the popup that they want my location when I'm just on their home page. WEB DESIGNERS YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO MY EXACT LOCATION JUST BECAUSE I'M ON A PHONE.

Years
  • That happens a lot, usually I choose 'don't allow', but it's odd that so many apps ask you for your location. Wonder how many actually need it to function correctly; probably not a lot of them. I have so many apps on my phone right now, I really need to clean it up at some point. Every time I go to delete apps, I always find a reason to keep them, and end up leaving everything as it was before D:

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • I have no idea why because I have the money but for some reason I'm procrastinating from buying my phone, and I don't even plan on getting it service right away lol

My old phone was so perfect and I used it every day… too bad it getting smashed eventually caused it to stop charging :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • To this day I don't understand why every single app wants to know where I'm at exactly.

Like right now I am in the middle of nowhere.

Years
  • What happens with me is, I'll get really attached to an app, play it non-stop for weeks, and then stop playing it entirely, probably never open it again. Months later, when I attempt to clean my phone up, possibly open space for an update, I get nostalgia from back when I enjoyed that app so much, and decide to keep it in case I get into it again, which I never do. xD;

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • Yesterday my Khilia got phone service somehow, and I was absolutely ecstatic that I could talk to her at school. However it went away within a day, and before she left for school she gave me a vague explanation as to why it happened, leaving me confused and saddened.

I have all this spare money just falling out of nothing and I can't buy her a damn thing but a shining username, and it's just crushing. I wonder if I could buy her phone service in Germany to have her remotely activate it… It's not fair that I have all of this without a thing for her…

Years
  • Anyway, I looked at the app for android for PC. . . Now, why the hell does it need my location? I mean honestly. . .
    It never asked me for my location when I used it. Unless Steve fixed it too, it's been broken since November last year when PC's server moved.

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • Usually I just use the site anyway, but figured that maybe that app would be easier on my mobile.

Guess not. . . xD

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm on my phone now and am so bleh about mobile options I kind of want to make an app that just scrapes the material and displays it in a better way. Way too many people use PC on a phone for it to suck so bad.

Alexander Nicholi

Years
  • PC loaded okay on my old phone, and it should on my new one, considering they're the same one. Speaking of which, I don't think I'm going to put off buying my phone any longer…

*clicks*

Okay, bought! Two-day shipping means I'll have it before Independence Day. No more charging this POS MP3 player day and night for it to hold for two hours. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back