• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One song to show your music taste.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    If I was to ask you to show me just one single song that best represented the music you like, what would it be? It doesn't have to strictly be your favourite - just one that you think well-represents what you like. Give reasons.

If the genres you listen to are too wide to be summed up by one song, post a song relevant to what you've been most in the mood for listening to lately.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Cloud Connected by In Flames. :] Aside from rap, I listen to pretty much everything, to be honest. Metal songs in particular, though, always have a place in my heart; they're amazing, and I just simply love listening to them. They could be very hyping, if that makes sense!

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    The Longest Time - Billy Joel

I like a lot of stuff. I will listen to anything and everything.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Magic Number ft. B.o.B by the Potbelleez is what I'm currently into right now. It's fierce, upbeat and represents my headspace atm. :P

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    It Ends Tonight by the All-American Rejects. :] I like songs that go slow and soft in the beginning, then getting more louder and powerful as it goes on. Even though the vocals in the beginning of the song is pretty loud, the instruments are soft ... if you know what I mean. :p

Years
    In The End - Linkin Park

I figure this song demonstrates I have a love for all sorts of different music since it contains so many different elements - rap, clear vocals, intense rock vocals, a catchy feet, emotion and even an interesting selection of instruments. There's probably not a genre around I don't like at least one or two songs in. I'm very picky with my music, but I have a very eclectic taste.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Damn You by Lana Del Rey or Sky Full of Stars by Coldplay because I enjoy that kind of midpoint between slow and fast, somewhat lyrical and very powerful songs underneath what might seem like an odd exterior. Plus they're two of my favorite artists, so my world gravitates around them anyway.

Years
    Latch by Disclosure, ft. Sam Smith. This song's been my absolute favorite since December, which is probably a new record for me haha. Upbeat chorus with a melodious, smooth tone. Smith's voice is unparalleled, and an underrated talent. I can't wait to see him live!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Latch by Disclosure, ft. Sam Smith. This song's been my absolute favorite since December, which is probably a new record for me haha. Upbeat chorus with a melodious, smooth tone. Smith's voice is unparalleled, and an underrated talent. I can't wait to see him live!
    I feel like seeing them live and performing this would be some sort of religious experience, haha. If your music tastes don't change a little after getting into Disclosure then there's something wrong. ;)

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    I feel like seeing them live and performing this would be some sort of religious experience, haha. If your music tastes don't change a little after getting into Disclosure then there's something wrong. ;)

I found that they're really not that great live. I saw them back towards their peak and wasn't really impressed at all. ):

It's a shame since I honestly don't mind their music that much but the whole performance just felt kinda boring. Like, it didn't feel like it went anywhere. They weren't really doing much other than... playing songs. It lacked any sort of atmosphere or depth - I didn't really feel any kind of connection to them or their music. Like, it was just kinda... like listening to their music while they happened to be there. It was a show but not a performance, if that makes sense.

They're playing again at a festival I'm going to in a couple of weeks and I guess I'll see if they've changed much. Maybe it was just an off show for them, idk.

Years
    Darts by System of a Down. It's very difficult for me to choose only one song, since I listen to a wide array of music varying from thrash to rap. But most of the time I'm blaring guitars and drums into my ears, and this choice is a good example...if you can mind the mostly incoherent singing of Serj Tankian.

Years
    Hm, I'm tempted to say Gangnam Style since everyone would know it, but I'm not entirely sure that's a good representation of what Korean music is like \: The song that I think people could somewhat relate to in terms of what they already know about the genre, and my latest obsessions, I would have to say Girls' Generation's Mr. Mr.

Back