• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I think that we are going to get the most info out of E3. If you think about it there really isn't a whole lot to unveil like XY - just graphics, battles, Champion, Rayquaza situation, new forms, Battle Frontier, etc and other minor stuff. So I feel like they won't give much to Corocoro and will save it all for big announcements like E3 and other info towards mid-end summer.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yes, I expect to see a lot more gameplay from Nintendo's E3. What I want to see from Nintendo is more on ORAS, and a release date for Smash Bros. 3DS. Maybe we'll see some new Mega Evos at E3 as well. :3

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • I think GF will reveal the protagonists, the region, and the battle system on one gameplay video like XY has done. I am not quite convinced they would reveal Groudon and Kyogre's "forms" just yet. But thinking E3 is just around the corner, maybe they will.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I agree that they'll wait before revealing what the mascots mean until we get closer. E3 seems a bit too soon for them to announce it. I recall we had several screenshots of HGSS around the 2nd and 3rd month after their announcement so we may get something in July (my Birthday!) and August. Maybe they'll give is a lot of info in July and September to reference the birthstones being Ruby and Sapphire (they coincidentally announced the games in May which has Emerald...) ;).

Years
  • The battle dome was my favorite facility. I can't wait to see it return. I also can't wait to see how the Battle Pyramid will look. Especially at top. Imagine the graphics of a sky battle surroudning the Pokémon but with a stone floor under their feet.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Lol it would be so much anime. Just so much. Can't wait to see the Battle Pike too lol. It was kind of my favourite, especially since it was based on luck. Now that may be a bit unfair, but hey, we've got to be prepared for anything, right?

Years
  • One thing I'm really excited to see is all of the gym puzzles remastered in 3D. I had a great time solving all of them, especially Flannery's, even though it was a bit frustrating. I would like to see them add more detail as well! Similar to what they did with Bugsy's gym in HGSS.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Speaking of the Battle Frontier, I hope it stays true to the ORIGINAL Battle Frontier; not the reused/recycled (because we feel cheap) Battle Frontier. Do not get me wrong, I liked it in Pokemon Platinum, but when it appeared in HeartGold and Soulsilver, I was somewhat confused and slightly more upset. Why did that just replace the same area in a completely different region? Why?

This lead me to completely not care about the Battle Frontier and eventually the Battle Subway suffered the same fate. What I really want is the original PokeContests again, not the PokeStar Studios nor the contests in Black and White. It want the old fashioned contests back, but maybe make it were the camera pans around the Pokemon competing, giving the player a sense of awe to see the NPC pokemon use their moves, then pan the camera to the next person/pokemon and so on. Seriously, they have a large 3D engine that they can work with.

Years
  • Speaking of the Battle Frontier, I hope it stays true to the ORIGINAL Battle Frontier; not the reused/recycled (because we feel cheap) Battle Frontier. Do not get me wrong, I liked it in Pokemon Platinum, but when it appeared in HeartGold and Soulsilver, I was somewhat confused and slightly more upset. Why did that just replace the same area in a completely different region? Why?

This lead me to completely not care about the Battle Frontier and eventually the Battle Subway suffered the same fate. What I really want is the original PokeContests again, not the PokeStar Studios nor the contests in Black and White. It want the old fashioned contests back, but maybe make it were the camera pans around the Pokemon competing, giving the player a sense of awe to see the NPC pokemon use their moves, then pan the camera to the next person/pokemon and so on. Seriously, they have a large 3D engine that they can work with.
    Well it's a remake of Hoenn games so chances are high it'll be the Hoenn Battle Frontier they'll have and not the one in Sinnoh. We were never told who made that one...maybe Scott will mention another,smaller Battle Frontier in the Sinnoh and Johto regions.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • Well it's a remake of Hoenn games so chances are high it'll be the Hoenn Battle Frontier they'll have and not the one in Sinnoh. We were never told who made that one...maybe Scott will mention another,smaller Battle Frontier in the Sinnoh and Johto regions.

Well now, if Scott suggests or mentions about the Sinnjoh Battle Frontier; then we can assume it is another branch of the original (possibly). If he doesn't, then someone at Game Freak is a dead moth- lets not go that far, harhar. Still, I worry. What IF it is the Sinnoh Battle Frontier... :(

I hope it is not...

Years
  • Well now, if Scott suggests or mentions about the Sinnjoh Battle Frontier; then we can assume it is another branch of the original (possibly). If he doesn't, then someone at Game Freak is a dead moth- lets not go that far, harhar. Still, I worry. What IF it is the Sinnoh Battle Frontier... :(

I hope it is not...
    Then Gf messed up the Battle Frontiers...and if they do that I'll be mad, and hope that they'll put Hoenn's for Sinnoh's remakes...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I think that the Sinnoh one was just a branch, since the facilities and Brains were completely different and it would be pretty tough to move & redo the whole thing especially since it's never mentioned or implied Sinnoh is even near Hoenn.

Years
  • I think that the Sinnoh one was just a branch, since the facilities and Brains were completely different and it would be pretty tough to move & redo the whole thing especially since it's never mentioned or implied Sinnoh is even near Hoenn.
    I don't think they'll have the Sinnoh one for these games at all. The Hoenn one deserves a comeback as unlike the Sinnoh one it was only in one game.

Sinnoh is said to be north of Kanto, so I assume it's position with Hoenn is similar to real life Kyushu and Hokkaido's, on opposite sides of the island chain the regions are likely a part of.

Years
  • Sinnoh's Battle Frontier is a different entity with no relation to its Hoenn counterpart, at least in my opinion. Maybe every region was meant to have one, but only these two regions had enough space to build it. I digress, don't think anything involving the Sinnoh Battle Frontier will show up in ORAS.

Years
  • Sinnoh's Battle Frontier is a different entity with no relation to its Hoenn counterpart, at least in my opinion. Maybe every region was meant to have one, but only these two regions had enough space to build it. I digress, don't think anything involving the Sinnoh Battle Frontier will show up in ORAS.

I don't think it'll appear either. Unless they add in the extra facilities like the castle, and the Roullett, and the stage.

I hope that they make the island far bigger. Also that they'll add more areas to explore on it. Exploring the area around the Sinnoh Battle Frontier/Tower was one of the good things about that area.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Uhm. Why would Sinnoh's Battle Frontier appear in Hoenn if it already has one? It is like saying replacing Lumiose City for Castelia City. :/ I'm 100% sure Hoenn's will return in ORAS if they decide to return the Frontier.

Years
  • Uhm. Why would Sinnoh's Battle Frontier appear in Hoenn if it already has one? It is like saying replacing Lumiose City for Castelia City. :/ I'm 100% sure Hoenn's will return in ORAS if they decide to return the Frontier.
    This. It wouldn't make sense for them to replace it with another. Maybe make it bigger like they added facilities along with the tower in Emerald and Platinum, but not removing any.

Years
  • They could also make the Battle Frontier a hub for new mechanics and electronics from Kalos, like Amie and the PSS, of which you can install to your PokeNav upon reaching the Frontier. The post-game is a perfect place for Game Freak to implement newer generation Pokemon into Hoenn as well!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back