• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    They could also make the Battle Frontier a hub for new mechanics and electronics from Kalos, like Amie and the PSS, of which you can install to your PokeNav upon reaching the Frontier. The post-game is a perfect place for Game Freak to implement newer generation Pokemon into Hoenn as well!
    I think they'll going to have those earlier in the game but in a different form and with some restrictions in trading (such as no trading with XY until we get an update later in the game). Since in XY PSS was needed to trade it'll be needed in these games too, or it's back to Pokemon centers being used to trade like in the old days.

Years
    Poketch from DPPt was absent in the Johto remakes, so there is reason to believe PSS won't return to ORAS, but I think it's much more of an important feature than the Poketch, so it's extremely probable that they bring it to Hoenn. No signs that it would be a region-exclusive feature, anyway.

Years
    They may have a different version/update version and name it something else. Besides is PSS part of a device? Did Kalos even have one? Unlike the gear, nav, etc. it got no introduction...

Years
    They may have a different version/update version and name it something else. Besides is PSS part of a device? Did Kalos even have one? Unlike the gear, nav, etc. it got no introduction...

From what I know Kalos had no counterpart to the Pokegear/PokeNav/Poketch/C-Gear etc. Probably because the bottom screen of the 3DS was dedicated to the PSS, which I don't even believe is a gadget at all. That bottom screen also had Super Training and Pokemon-Amie.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Oh yeah, I never realized Kalos didn't have an item. Wonder why; maybe because none of those things (Super Training + Amie) were real apps but actual things you did with your Pokemon so a device wasn't necessary? Maybe this means we don't get Amie/ST as it seems most likely PokeNav will take the bottom screen.

Years
    Oh yeah, I never realized Kalos didn't have an item. Wonder why; maybe because none of those things (Super Training + Amie) were real apps but actual things you did with your Pokemon so a device wasn't necessary? Maybe this means we don't get Amie/ST as it seems most likely PokeNav will take the bottom screen.

I think that despite your logic, they might still keep Super Training and Amie. They were really great features in the eyes of those who played X/Y. I loved Amie and I'd be kinda sad if they suddenly dumped it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yeah, Pokemon doesn't really seem to follow logic much anyway :) However, Amie and Super Training could just be XY-exclusive, since ORAS is in the same generation I wouldn't consider them not having them "dropping." I can actually see them not including them just for the sake of encouraging people to buy XY to play with their Pokemon.

Years
    Yeah, Pokemon doesn't really seem to follow logic much anyway :) However, Amie and Super Training could just be XY-exclusive, since ORAS is in the same generation I wouldn't consider them not having them "dropping." I can actually see them not including them just for the sake of encouraging people to buy XY to play with their Pokemon.

They could also add in something that will take the place of Aime, like a facility to groom one's Pokemon and feed them Pokeblocks. Maybe they could expand the day care and allow us to put a certain number of Pokemon to play. One could leave a Pokeblock there like in the Safari and come back and see that our Pokemon ate it while we were gone.

Years
    As far as mechanics go, it's hard to predict what Game Freak will do with the new ones from X and Y because this is only the third remake to be developed, so there's not much to base any theories off of regarding the continuation of features across regions. Out of all the new installments from Kalos, I would say the most likely to return in ORAS is the PSS. It's a universal feature that helped boost the level of interactivity in Pokemon games.

Years
    As far as mechanics go, it's hard to predict what Game Freak will do with the new ones from X and Y because this is only the third remake to be developed, so there's not much to base any theories off of regarding the continuation of features across regions. Out of all the new installments from Kalos, I would say the most likely to return in ORAS is the PSS. It's a universal feature that helped boost the level of interactivity in Pokemon games.

Yeah, at least the PSS has to come back, or something equivalent to it. It would be a step back in inter-connectivity if they go back to restricting trade to in Pokemon centers only.

Edit: Oh wait...remember how I brought up how Kalos seemed to have to device. I checked Bulbapedia and PSS happens to be it (it's just not given a form like the others...). So I guess it's features will need to be added to the Nav.

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oh yeah that reminds me, since Gen 5 had the Xtransceiver and XY had the Holo Caster, would we be also having that feature added on to the PokeNav aswell or would we have a separate device for it?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    PokéNav is good enough to be a standalone, and we would be real excited to see it's return. So like HGSS's fabled PokéGear I don't see any other device adding on to the PokéNav.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I kinda think they'll keep those features like PSS, Super Training and Pokemon Amie -- I LOVE the PSS, and I hope that stays for sure. I don't really use Super Training because I don't battle competitively at all, but Pokemon Amie was helpful as well, mostly to make grinding WAY faster due to experience boosts :)

Is anyone else totally frustrated with the lack of news? I know it's because E3 is coming up but I am always bummed when I check for updates and NOTHING. I feel like everything's been so quiet for us outside of Japan/France, with no events/news/etc. I hope that means a ton will be arriving soon!

Years
    I would say that the PokeNav remains the main gadget of Hoenn, with some upgrades to accommodate newer additions like the Holo Caster. It was an awesome feature back in RSE, so I hope it returns like the PokeGear in HGSS, but I don't want Game Freak to drop the new things from Kalos!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree that the PokeNav will be upgraded to include things like the PSS. it would make a lot of sense, at least to me. They also kinda have to keep Amie because that's needed to evolve Eevee into Sylveon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'd really like to see them make apps available for PokéNav. You could download them from eShop, maybe, and with these stuff, perhaps you could... do some activities that you couldn't? It'd be sort of like PokéTech (or whatever it was called, haha) from DPPt, but instead of receiving apps in-game, you'd be doing it online.

Years
    I'd really like to see them make apps available for PokéNav. You could download them from eShop, maybe, and with these stuff, perhaps you could... do some activities that you couldn't? It'd be sort of like PokéTech (or whatever it was called, haha) from DPPt, but instead of receiving apps in-game, you'd be doing it online.

The Pokenav to me seems old tech, so apps like current iphones get seem out of place given what the Pokenav was based on.

Years
    It's not impossible that since RSE Hoenn, the PokeNav has been improved upon and upgraded to support apps like today's iPhones. Then, it would make complete sense for such a thing to exist in ORAS! To me, creating apps for the PokeNav is the easiest way for Game Freak to include X and Y features in the remakes.

Years
    It's not impossible that since RSE Hoenn, the PokeNav has been improved upon and upgraded to support apps like today's iPhones. Then, it would make complete sense for such a thing to exist in ORAS! To me, creating apps for the PokeNav is the easiest way for Game Freak to include X and Y features in the remakes.

You're almost making it sound as if these games were sequels to RSE. It is possible that they could revamp the Pokenav from the original but I don't think they'll say in game that they've improved the device. However, the Pokegear wasn't all that different from the originals. Perhaps PSS will be used with the features of the Pokenav under where the Holocaster was, but without the hologram part of the Holocaster. Imo I think that'll make the PSS better than XY's as there wasn't much use for the Holocaster in it...but in RSE the Pokenav was used more, for stuff like rematches, and to see stuff like ribbons (this might or might not be replaced...I say might not as in XY it only lists the number of ribbons our Pokemon has for the pre Gen VI ribbons, so it'll be nice if those older ribbons were visible again using the Pokenav's ribbon feature.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back