• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    If we're taking the title 'remakes' so literally, then ORAS should have the same 2D graphics as RSE, too. Just because they aren't sequels doesn't necessarily mean they can't carry over some of the new features from X and Y. I get what you're coming from, but I think when they said ORAS won't be sequels, they meant an extension of the Hoenn region with completely new areas, Pokemon, gym leaders, and so on.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If we're taking the title 'remakes' so literally, then ORAS should have the same 2D graphics as RSE, too. Just because they aren't sequels doesn't necessarily mean they can't carry over some of the new features from X and Y. I get what you're coming from, but I think when they said ORAS won't be sequels, they meant an extension of the Hoenn region with completely new areas, Pokemon, gym leaders, and so on.

I mean that the games will most likely lack some of the things added in new generations while also adding in new things exclusive to itself like how HgSs had Pokemon follow you but lacked the apps of Poketech in their Pokegear. Something like the trading and battling feature of PSS will probably be added in, but everything else is up in the air. Another example is FrLg which lacked match call but made up for it by adding the Versus seeker. I'll like to see them add something similar to Aime and Super Training but in a different fashion than they did in XY.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    If we're taking the title 'remakes' so literally, then ORAS should have the same 2D graphics as RSE, too.

> FRLG and HGSS are remakes
    > Has the updated graphics that has been introduced in their respective gen.

The purpose of a remake is, by the word itself, remake the game and introduce a fresh new mix into the games that we once loved.

Years

The purpose of a remake is, by the word itself, remake the game and introduce a fresh new mix into the games that we once loved.

This so true, and I know we'll likely be seeing some of the X/Y features carried over because if they were to get suddenly dropped it'd be like taking a step backwards.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Obviously they would, but I believe they have to reintroduce some of the features they've dropped behind as well. Mixing them together may as well be the best way to go on with the remakes. That being heard they would probably drop the occasional feature here and there, so it'd be homed by only Kalos region.

Years
    Obviously they would, but I believe they have to reintroduce some of the features they've dropped behind as well. Mixing them together may as well be the best way to go on with the remakes. That being heard they would probably drop the occasional feature here and there, so it'd be homed by only Kalos region.

I think, and am hoping this is the way they'll go. They'll bring back rematches which were last seen in the previous remakes... maybe bring back follow me, and several other features.

Years

You completely misunderstood me. As you said, remakes aren't strictly recreations of the previous game, but also an inclusion of new features to an old region. Someone noted that upgrading the PokeNav would make it seem like ORAS are sequels, and I refuted with that statement of which you quoted in your post. Obviously, just because they're remakes doesn't mean they can't get modernize some aspects of the game! n__n;

Years
    You completely misunderstood me. As you said, remakes aren't strictly recreations of the previous game, but also an inclusion of new features to an old region. Someone noted that upgrading the PokeNav would make it seem like ORAS are sequels, and I refuted with that statement of which you quoted in your post. Obviously, just because they're remakes doesn't mean they can't get modernize some aspects of the game! n__n;

I meant the way you worded it sounded as if you were calling the games sequels, not that actually adding new features would make it seem like that xD.

I hope that if the Pokenav is added to the bottom screen that it'll look better than the PSS, and perhaps include skins like the Pokegear and C-gear.

Years
    I meant the way you worded it sounded as if you were calling the games sequels, not that actually adding new features would make it seem like that xD.

I did not mean to be insinuating that at all, so sorry if it read like that! What I meant is there are some features worth transferring over to old regions like the PSS, even if it may require some tweaking and altering of other mechanics like the PokeNav.

Years
    I did not mean to be insinuating that at all, so sorry if it read like that! What I meant is there are some features worth transferring over to old regions like the PSS, even if it may require some tweaking and altering of other mechanics like the PokeNav.

I'm starting to doubt the whole PSS will be in these games, at least with that name. Since PSS is considered to be Kalos' Pokenav, even though one would expect the Holocaster to be that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Upgrading PokéNav could work, but I think it'd be best if they do it post-game; during main storyline, the device would function just like how it originally did. After, though, it'd be installed with tons of new features. If they wish to have it upgraded before then, then... I'm not really sure how that would go, haha.

Years
    Upgrading PokéNav could work, but I think it'd be best if they do it post-game; during main storyline, the device would function just like how it originally did. After, though, it'd be installed with tons of new features. If they wish to have it upgraded before then, then... I'm not really sure how that would go, haha.

Perhaps one won't even need to upgrade it. I recall that as soon as you get your first ribbon the ribbon section of the Pokenav is available.
    I hope that the bag has a section just for Mega Stones.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Honestly I kinda wish they would just stick the PSS back into the games instead of bothering with the Pokenav.
    I really really loved the PSS and it's great functionality. But I fear that because this is a remake they'll just use the Pokenav again... sigh.

Though, it would make me wonder how they plan on implementing the online system. The PSS made that so easy to access... while the Pokenav never really had the system.

Curious.

Years
    Nothing in Pokemon is set in stone - the PokeNav could easily just become the Hoenn version of the PSS, as well as what it was back in the RSE days. Honestly, I see that as the most probable scenario regarding this gadget. PSS is too valuable a feature for them to leave out, but it wouldn't feel like Hoenn without the PokeNav.

Years
    Technically it's the Battle and Trade features in the bottom screen that were revolutionary. As PSS was the name of the accumulation of that, O-Power, and Holocaster. They could easily drop the O-power and replace the Holo Caster with the Pokénav (with all of the Nav's original functions intact). Maybe replace O-Power with something else. That way they'll please most of us (I would like to say everyone but there's always those who rant about something...)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Tbh I think O-Powers are too OP and really not that important so I hope GF would drop that feature. As for the Holo Caster, I hope that if they decide to put it on the PokeNav as one of its features, I hope you can call on it yourself than just get holo messages from other people and not vice versa like it did in XY.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Get TV on 15/6 will reveal more ORAS info. Yay.

It has been confirmed that the epsiode of Pokémon Get☆TV that is due to air on June 15th is to feature a large scoop of the latest Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire information. As stated last month, the issue of CoroCoro, due out at the end of next week, promises to have new information as well so it is likely to be a repeat of that information. We'll post the information as soon as we get it.

Years
    That's nice to hear when we will be getting news on the games, maybe we might get redesigned Brendan and May Sugimori art, and maybe the Hoenn Pokemon as well, sorta like how Kanto and Johto Pokemon had updated official art with their respective remakes.

I'm also hoping they can reveal some screenshots of in-game footage so I can get a good perception of if they'll look really awesome.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    That's great to hear! Hopefully both the sources would't reveal the same news lol but the way the dice rolls... I have a feeling it's going to be so.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back