• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Speaking of things post-Gen. III, I'm sort of curious if they're going to mention the Fairy type at all. Obviously it's gonna be in the games, but given how it didn't exist until Gen. VI, I wonder if it'll be discussed at all.

Years
    Discussed meaning what? I don't think it'll be a focus in ORAS, nor will there be very many Fairies available to catch before post-game besides the ones that got the typing from X and Y and are in the Hoenn dex, like the Marill line and the Ralts line. Only thing I really see them doing with it is possibly giving a few more Pokemon the typing, which I doubt will actually happen.

Years
    I just meant that it might be brought up once in a random NPC's dialogue or something. "Discussed" was a poor word choice on my part. Can't see anymore Pokemon gaining the Fairy typing unless we receive a few more Mega Evos. and one or two of the Pokemon get it upon Mega Evolving; if Nintendo wanted to give more Pokemon the Fairy typing, they would've done it for XY's release.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    I can't see new Fairies, to be honest. Maybe Plusle and Minun becoming Fairy, but only for their megas, if they get one. Same with Delcatty. But the encounters will change so that we at least can obtained the ones introduced in XY

Years
    If Delcatty got a Mega, I think it would be viable for a Fairy typing, based off of other Pokemon that have gotten the typing. Maybe if Diancie is a focus in the plot, some NPCs will discuss Fairies, but other than that, there might not be much about them at all. It is possible that they have someone explain it in the school found in Rustboro, in case there are some people playing ORAS because they played RSE, and didn't ever play X and Y. Not a very likely scenario, but d:

Years
    If it is in Petalburg forest like I mentioned it'll be a good Pokemon to take down Roxanne, especially for those who picked Torchic. Well there's also Lotad and Shroomish in the early routes, but a third early grass Pokemon would help.
    Btw since Mawile is now Fairy it's a good Pokemon to fight Brawley in OR, and Sableye for AS since it is part ghost. Then there's wingull. Now that I think about it, I think Wattson was amongst the most difficult to defeat for me because of lack of early ground types...other than Geodude, but now that Magneton has better steel type moves than in Gen III along with a move that allows it to levitate he's sure to be more difficult to defeat. Even then Geodude is kind of rare to find in Granite cave having a 1/10 chance of finding it. Especially if said Magneton has Sturdy...no Fighting or Ground type will be able to OHKO it. Add in potions for Wattson and it'll be an annoyance.

Now that you think about it, I'm imagining how hard Wattson will be to take down after reading this post. He can be trouble for those who didn't pick Mudkip as their starter, meaning Mudkip players do have a significant advantage here due to it gaining Ground-type as it evolves. Treecko and Torchic players have fewer options, and as mentioned Geodude is pretty much the only early Ground option but then again they could give Magneton a Steel move that would make it trouble.

As for the part about Sturdy, in the original games his Magneton had Magnet Pull and if they do retain the abilities their Pokemon had in the original version I think he may not be as threatening compared to if it had Sturdy.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Since Gen I and II had no abilities it's kind of hard to tell if they'll change the ones RSE Pokémon had for better ones as there are no past examples due to lack of the feature in the original RGBY/RBY and GSC.

I hope they do give them better abilities. Like at least one of Glacia's Walrein can have Ice body. Speaking of Glacia I really hope they add Froslass to the dex so she may use it in addition to Glalie.
    Btw, what if they gave Wattson Magnezone instead if it is added into the dex? He'll be tougher. Those who picked Torchic and Mudkip will have an easier time than those of us who pick Treecko. I'm up for the challenge though.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I am starting to question if the E4 will get Megas. I was thinking they could be rematched and you could battle them with their Megas.

Maybe Sidney could use either Mega Absol or introduce Mega Shiftry or Mega Mightyena or even Mega Cacturne.

Phoebe could have Mega Sableye or Mega Banette, or introduce Mega Dusknoir?

Glacia could potentially receive a Mega Walrein.

Drake could receive a Mega Salamence.

Years
    Considering Hoenn's motto/or meaning (forget which) has to do with bonds I would be surprised if more trainers will have Megas. I previously mentioned a list of Megas gym and the E4 leaders can have. The most likely of the gym leaders is actually Wallace should he retain his position from RS. Seeing how he has an Emerald ring, which maybe GF will make into a Mega ring similar to Steven's. Considering he's close friends with Steven I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It can be Mega Milotic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I would love it if he were to introduce Mega-Shiftry to us, personally! I'm a huge fan of this Pokémon (to me, its design looks pretty intimidating, which perfectly suits it due to its typing), but it's always kept at some lower tier due to how low its statistics are. If this were to change when it changes into its mega-form, I'm sure people would be utilizing it more, causing it to finally climb up the ladder. It'd be great if it gained boost in Attack and Speed, and as far as ability goes, perhaps it could go with Moxie. With this combination, we should be use it as sweeper pretty easily. Also, Mega-Salamance should totally be a thing! It could wind up to be over-powered in some aspect, but to prevent that, they could always lower some of its stats (Defense and Special Defense, maybe?).

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Considering Hoenn's motto/or meaning (forget which) has to do with bonds I would be surprised if more trainers will have Megas. I previously mentioned a list of Megas gym and the E4 leaders can have. The most likely of the gym leaders is actually Wallace should he retain his position from RS. Seeing how he has an Emerald ring, which maybe GF will make into a Mega ring similar to Steven's. Considering he's close friends with Steven I wouldn't be surprised if he did. It can be Mega Milotic.

Well according to Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
    Hoenn thematic motif: The third generation of Pokémon games were more directed towards nature and relationships.

And since mega evolution does induce a natural third-party way of evolving a Pokemon, I kinda understand that they would incorporate Mega's in the game and retcon RSE altogether.

Years
    I would love it if he were to introduce Mega-Shiftry to us, personally! I'm a huge fan of this Pokémon (to me, its design looks pretty intimidating, which perfectly suits it due to its typing), but it's always kept at some lower tier due to how low its statistics are. If this were to change when it changes into its mega-form, I'm sure people would be utilizing it more, causing it to finally climb up the ladder. It'd be great if it gained boost in Attack and Speed, and as far as ability goes, perhaps it could go with Moxie. With this combination, we should be use it as sweeper pretty easily. Also, Mega-Salamance should totally be a thing! It could wind up to be over-powered in some aspect, but to prevent that, they could always lower some of its stats (Defense and Special Defense, maybe?).

Shifty has a large special movepool so maybe speed and special attack? Snowpoint in the Mega thread brought up the idea that it can have Protean. It makes sense considering Tengus are masters of the elements.

Maybe they could actually give Salamance back the defenses it had as a Shellgon? It lost defense when evolving, also maybe they can add a little extra to that. Also a boosted special attack would be great as it has a large special move pool too. Maybe the rest can go to speed, making it a well rounded tank. As for ability...maybe Aerilate? Despite having dreamt of flying it has very few flying moves...

Years
    Since Gen I and II had no abilities it's kind of hard to tell if they'll change the ones RSE Pokémon had for better ones as there are no past examples due to lack of the feature in the original RGBY/RBY and GSC.

I hope they do give them better abilities. Like at least one of Glacia's Walrein can have Ice body. Speaking of Glacia I really hope they add Froslass to the dex so she may use it in addition to Glalie.
    Btw, what if they gave Wattson Magnezone instead if it is added into the dex? He'll be tougher. Those who picked Torchic and Mudkip will have an easier time than those of us who pick Treecko. I'm up for the challenge though.

This time it will be different though, the past two cases were remaking a generation that had no abilities at the time, while 3rd Gen was the generation that introduced abilities. I have a feeling they will retain the abilities used on most of the NPC's Pokemon, assuming they keep the same teams as the original.

And you know, given Wattson didn't have Manectric as his ace until Emerald, I wonder if they'll finally retcon it to be his ace. But I don't think he should have a Magnezone until at least the rematches (assuming if there'll be any).

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I personally doubt that the Elite Four will get Megas, but there is certainly no doubt that the champion will.

It'll be nice if they have Megas though. I also think gym leaders deserve mega evolutions too during rematches.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Nah, I think this time we're gonna see a lot more usage of Megas, I'm expecting them to have one signature mon like the champ:
    Sidney-God, you can't tell with him. You could give him Mega Absol, or Mega Sharpedo(unless its Archie exclusive, and if it comes), or you could argue Mega Cacturne and/or Mega Shiftry could happen as well.
    Pheobe-Mega Sableye
    Glacia-I think a Mega Froslass could happen, would fit with her team.
    Drake-Another wild card team for megas. Mega Flygon/Salamence are two things I can see happening. Kingdra/Altaria probably in the future but who knows?

Also, they seriously need to add Gen IV-VI mon, those E4 teams are worse then Sinnoh DP. Seriously, 3 same Pokemon in each team?

Years
    Also, they seriously need to add Gen IV-VI mon, those E4 teams are worse then Sinnoh DP. Seriously, 3 same Pokemon in each team?

I think they'll most likely add in all the 4th Gen evos/pre-evos related to Hoenn Dex Pokemon, which is as follows:

Spoiler:

That means only 9 total additions to the Hoenn Dex should it happen. But yeah, I do agree these Elite Four have some pretty redundant teams, especially in the case of Glacia and Phoebe. I know they probably won't add in any other 4th/5th/6th Gen Pokemon because most remakes tend to stay true to the original Dex of the game that was the focus of the remake.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I have to agree the Elite Four suffered from a lack of teams, and were just so repetitive. One of the problems of having an Elite Four based on the rarer types. Glacia and Phoebe are definitely going to benefit from the new evos and megas. Hopefully Drake would have Mega Gyarados or something. It would be nice to see every Elite Four member having a mega XD

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I personally doubt that the Elite Four will get Megas, but there is certainly no doubt that the champion will.

It'll be nice if they have Megas though. I also think gym leaders deserve mega evolutions too during rematches.

That would mean Mega Absol for Sidney, Mega Banette for Phoebe, Mega Abomasnow for Glacia, and Mega Garchomp for Drake! \o Unless Mega Flygon and Mega Walrein are introduced or something. I'm pretty sure Abomasnow is someone's signature Pokemon already, but I say that because I doubt Mega Walrein would become a thing, nor would something like Mega Flygon. :(

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    That would mean Mega Absol for Sidney, Mega Banette for Phoebe, Mega Abomasnow for Glacia, and Mega Garchomp for Drake! \o Unless Mega Flygon and Mega Walrein are introduced or something. I'm pretty sure Abomasnow is someone's signature Pokemon already, but I say that because I doubt Mega Walrein would become a thing, nor would something like Mega Flygon. :(

Somehow I believe Mega Sableye is more likely for Phoebe.

I'm very certain there's going to be more unannounced mega evos coming. I'm eyeing particularly on Sharpedo and camerupt. Maybe even metagross.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Somehow I believe Mega Sableye is more likely for Phoebe.

I'm very certain there's going to be more unannounced mega evos coming. I'm eyeing particularly on Sharpedo and camerupt. Maybe even metagross.

This discussion's probably more for this thread, though, for the sake of not derailing, but I wouldn't mind anything really on any of them. :P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back