• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • Not much of a trailer and kind of disappointing. But it was still something. I'm guessing that was the cutscene with Kyogre and Groudon . It looks like it's going to be way more intense than it was in the original games!
    E3, seriously? E3 has been going downhill over the years and I seriously doubt they'll reveal big things in E3 besides a playable demo.

Well hopefully we actually get info in CoroCoro or at E3.

Remember we got a whole bunch of info on X and Y at E3 last year so you can't say we won't get barely anything this year.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
  • Does anyone think we're going to get Shellos and its evolution? Their Pokedex entry basically says that they can be found in every region and that their color varies. We missed out on that in BW, their sequels and the Kalos games but I would love to see them here and see what color(s) they come in in Hoenn.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does anyone think we're going to get Shellos and its evolution? Their Pokedex entry basically says that they can be found in every region and that their color varies. We missed out on that in BW, their sequels and the Kalos games but I would love to see them here and see what color(s) they come in in Hoenn.
    I hope so. An expanded Hoenn Dex would be great. And if they come in more colors....oh yeah. Though I think that the pink Gastrodons will always be my favorite ones.

Too bad there's no way to tell if they will include more pokes in Hoenn this time around.....

Treecko

Years
  • Does anyone think we're going to get Shellos and its evolution? Their Pokedex entry basically says that they can be found in every region and that their color varies. We missed out on that in BW, their sequels and the Kalos games but I would love to see them here and see what color(s) they come in in Hoenn.

Funny thing is, Shellos and Gastrodon were supposed to be Gen 3 Pokemon and in Ruby and Sapphire , but were removed due to time restraints. Their back sprites looked like this
    OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion
    OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

So it would be neat if they were at least included in the wild in the post-game. And they can intentionally include them for that reason haha.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I hope they add it in. Maybe they could make one with the squishy part being green (the outside could be blue to contrast with the East sinnoh version).

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • Oh my gosh, how did I forget about Shellos? YEAH, that would be cool. and maybe Munchlax, it had a cameo in a 3rd gen game IIRC. And we SO need Manaphy or Phione too. Maybe Phione at least, it's only as legendary as Rotom. and maybe Riolu/Lucario could be in somewhere? they're one of my fave Gen 4 'mons, and they DID have the movie in the 3rd gen.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yeah the Lucario movie was a third gen movie with early cameos of 4th gen Pokémon. I think they should add Lucario post game. Same goes for Rotom, Manaphy and Phione. Though I do want them to appear.

Taiji Dragon

Does anyone think we're going to get Shellos and its evolution? Their Pokedex entry basically says that they can be found in every region and that their color varies. We missed out on that in BW, their sequels and the Kalos games but I would love to see them here and see what color(s) they come in in Hoenn.

Definetly. We will also have wild Budews and Shiny stones to make Roselia evolve into Roserade and Dawn stones to evolve Kerlia (male) into Gallade and Snorunt (female) into Froslass. These and others that I don't remeber right now.

Last edited:

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • This is depressing. From serebii:

The next batch of CoroCoro information have been posted to Japanese forums. The first of which reveals the game, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire. As expected, it doesn't show footage but rather does what happened in Get TV last night and compares Groudon & Kyogre to the images on the package. The magazine promises that new content will come & be revealed in the issue next month, currently set for release on June 14th 2014

Treecko

Years
  • Here's a scan if anyone likes pictures.

Spoiler:

As I expected though. We won't likely be getting new info until E3, unless they reveal more in a future Get TV episode or a Nintendo Direct before then. That's disappointing, yet understanding since the games only were announced several days ago. I didn't think there would be a ton of new info so soon.

Years
  • Definetly. We will also have wild Budews and Shiny stones to make Roselia evolve into Roserade and Dawn stones to evolve Kerlia (male) into Gallade. Oh and dusk stones to evolve Snorunt (female) into Froslass. These and others that I don't remeber right now.

And I think New Mauville would also be the ideal "magnetic" location to evolve Magneton and Nosepass. It'd be weird if that was not the case, and wild Magnemite can be found in there so it's fitting.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Here's a scan if anyone likes pictures.

Spoiler:

As I expected though. We won't likely be getting new info until E3, unless they reveal more in a future Get TV episode or a Nintendo Direct before then. That's disappointing, yet understanding since the games only were announced several days ago. I didn't think there would be a ton of new info so soon.

As long as we receive a more steady stream of information than what we got leading up to XY, I'll be happy. The only reason why I want information now is so that there's a little more to go on for speculation (since I love the "speculation phase" for Pokémon games, ha ha).

But you're right, it's absolutely understandable that they'd want to wait a bit to show some info, E3 or not. The games' release is only 6 months away, though, and I'd honestly rather get small bits of information released consistently, and not just two or three huge info dumps before the games come out.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Let's not forget we've also got E3 next month June 11-13, no doubt they're keeping it quiet and holding out for that to showcase a tonne of new stuff!
    It probably won't be as great as past ones, though. For example last year it had been five months since the announcement of XY so enough anticipation had built to justify reveals like Sky Battles at E3 so it was all that more exciting. I just don't think there will be a whole lot of stuff dumped out at E3, at least not all at once. Perhaps small tidbits over the course of the days (more than one Direct conference again, anyone?) but nothing world changing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    They will most likely reveal a lot of stuff at E3, or CoroCoro/Get TV show thing. Since this thing is coming soon, I think they will release the info significantly faster then X/Y etc. And they could expand on the whole Wally story thing. He wasn't featured as much, but he was a main rival. I would love to see more back-story on him.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Mega starters. Please. My favorite Pokemon is Swampert and just please.
    Maybe we can pick two starters again? And both sets get Megas? (Perhaps gen 2 starters? Just rambling with this one)

Hey, I know that I would be quite happy if could pick both a Hoenn and a Johto starter in preparation for Mega-Evolving them (we could get a Unova starter as our second starter, but I think that Unova isn't related to Hoenn closely enough to justify this — Brendan and May have just finished moving to Hoenn from Johto at the beginning of the game, so I'm betting on Johto starters.)

"New" adventure. It could be sequels, it could just be a slightly new Hoenn, but SOMETHING needs to change.

I think that whole 'dramatic new world' schtick is just Nintendo hyping the revamped graphics and any changes and/or additions that GameFreak is going to make to Hoenn's over world. After all, Hoenn is Hoenn, right?

With the nerfing of Drizzle and Drought, the plot of RSE no longer works. You can't summon infinite sun or rain if it only lasts 5 turns. And I doubt they want you to stick a Heat Stone or Damp Rock on these legends.

Well, what do you know? I never pay attention to these kinds of things, so thanks for pointing this out, Rivvon!

…I think the cover is showing Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre. That would be the easiest way to give them new, actually permanent weather abilities. Or maybe they will have completely new abilities in regards to a new plot!

…or they could just bring Drought and Drizzle back or replace them with some more-powerful equivalents.

As long as they try to give us multi-dimensional, deep characters like in gen 5, along with a more fleshed out plot (like gen 5) I'll be happy with any and all changes they make (but please keep a double battle Gym Leader that was so cool).

I look forward to dynamic characters and a nuanced plot! And bring on the Double Battles, GameFreak!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back