• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Pokemon or Made Up?

Original Pokemon or Made Up

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 184 75.7%
  • Made Up Pokemon

Votes: 59 24.3%

• Total voters

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
Years
  • I've noticed with these hacked games that most of them have their own made up Pokemon while only some have the original Pokemon.

So, my question is this. Do you prefer the original Pokemon or the made up ones when it comes to hacked games?

Personally I would rather use the original Pokemon with a different, possibly better, storyline than the other games.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
  • There should be more options on that Poll
    e.g. 'If the Fakemon are good quality' , 'i like a combination of both' , ' i dont mind as long as it works with the storyline' etc

i dont mind to be honest
    if it works well with the story
    i like it when fakemon, new maps, and a new story are used together, it makes the hack look like more effort has been taken tbh

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I like fake pokemon because it has more effort into it and because it is interesting finding out what it is supposed to be.
    However, if most of the fakemon look terribly made, i probably won't like it.

Last edited:

Nalesnik

My mom thinks I'm cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2008
    I prefer the original (and if I had the choice the orignal 150) but if the fakemon are well designed, (like pokeman battle fire) then I defiently enjoy playing that kind of hack too.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • I agree with everyone. It depends on the spriting skills. In the end, I'll always support the "new Pokemon" (I'm against the term Fakemon) idea, because it's always cool to make new strategies once again. But, when the pokes are not appealing, it makes everything harder.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
    Years
  • Original POKéMON means that you don't hack the MAIN element of the game.
    [/thread]

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • In some hacks, I like Fakemon (Teh Baro's Marble, DJG's RD RR)
    But some Fakemon that aren't designed well, for example Chaos Black, I don't like it.
    But most of all, I'd like to have a Pokedex of Fakemon so I know what type they are.
    I also don't like inserting Fakemon with bad quality (not changing the palletes)

All in one: I like good Fakemon, the bad I can't see

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
    Years
  • well, I hate bad fakemons (chaos black...?), but if they are of high quality it's really interesting and looks much cooler and is much better than the older ones, because it's just something new.
    I mean, if you encounter a pikachu..u r not really excited anymore, right? ^^''
    But if u look at the fakemons of, for example, Pokemon Battle fire, then u see what I mean ;)
    That's a main reason why I like this hack, many new and good-made pokemon.

Max_Damage39

I am not pathetic!... Am I?
    Years
  • well, I hate bad fakemons (chaos black...?), but if they are of high quality it's really interesting and looks much cooler and is much better than the older ones, because it's just something new.
    I mean, if you encounter a pikachu..u r not really excited anymore, right? ^^''
    But if u look at the fakemons of, for example, Pokemon Battle fire, then u see what I mean ;)
    That's a main reason why I like this hack, many new and good-made pokemon.

In some hacks, I like Fakemon (Teh Baro's Marble, DJG's RD RR)
    But some Fakemon that aren't designed well, for example Chaos Black, I don't like it.
    But most of all, I'd like to have a Pokedex of Fakemon so I know what type they are.
    I also don't like inserting Fakemon with bad quality (not changing the palletes)

Those are very valid points and it's mainly because of Chaos Black that I don't like Fakemon. However, with the upcoming Pokemon Acanthite, my views of Fakemon might change.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Original pokemon will always remain the best.
    I actually prefer originality than fake-mon. For some reason, I just don't like fake-mon. But some hacks have great fake-mon such as Baro's Marble and DJG's Rescue Rangers.

~Areku-San

Pokemon Darkblue Author
    Years
  • It depends, (I agree to Zel) in the spriter skills.
    As Concorde, Anna Kymoyama, Criptexa or Neos. I admire too much. Are betters of the spriters of Nintendo/Gamefreak Corporation, in my opinion.
    Conclusion?
    I prefer the FakeMon Hacks, if has good Sprites. Sorry Baro, i prefer the Ruby than Quartz.
    Hehe, but i prefer Battle Fire, than Ruby ^^

Hardy Har Har

Oh dear, oh my...
    Years
  • I like the original 493 (I'm referring to Diamond and Pearl) and some fakes from Battle Fire and Ruby Destiny: Rescue Rangers, but I don't like fakes from Chaos Black and Topaz (the one made by bazzaroony). [But if fakes are overused, the HSOWA acronym does not exist in that hack]

Last edited:
    Back