• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PARANORMAL

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Are there stories of the paranormal around where you live? Share your own experiences or tell us paranormal stories of your area.

Also a little side question do you believe in most paranormal things? This includes anything unexplainable like ghosts, demons, aliens, bigfoot, bermuda triangle stuff, etcetcetc. Feel free to explain which ones you believe in and which ones you don't. Do any of them frighten you?

I'll update with my own stories later tehe

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • My unit's motorpool is right next to one of the military's biggest grave yards with soldiers that have been laid to rest there from the civil war to today. In the graveyard there is some old basic training barracks from WWII that my unit uses as a storage place for old unusable equipment that we technically aren't supposed to be using because those buildings are condemned with espetus , but YOLO right? A few guys in my unit like to tell new privates that a few years ago they tore down a wall and found the dead body of the person who designed and built those barracks. He was depressed after his wife left him and built a wall around himself in this secret room so he could shoot himself without anybody finding his body. The secret room is real, but I don't know how valid the rest of it is. All I know is that my unit loves to greet new Privates by telling them that story then locking them in that room for the rest of the day as a way to say "Welcome to the unit!". ♥♥♥♥ing sucked.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • The only paranormal experience I've think I had was hearing voices at Waverley Cemetery. There was nobody around except for our family at the time.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I don't believe in the paranormal. I believe angels and demons exist, as well as the devil. The devil and his demons attack us spiritually, but they don't move physical things.

Smeargle

Illusory
    Years
  • There is an abandoned hospital not to far from where I live that's said to be haunted.
    I haven't wen't into it myself but a few friends of mine did, while I stood watch outside while they went inside, they didn't stay inside for more than 10 minutes. They both said there was a very strong odor inside. The one also swears up and down he saw a shadow moving down one of the hallways and that's when they ran back outside.
    As for me, I don't know if I believe their story, I was to afraid to follow them in so I just stood watch, I did get wind of the smell but I think It could have been many different things. The building is very very old. (mold, dead animal, ect)

Other people have reported things like chattering and figures like my friend supposedly saw.
    One day I would actually like to go inside it for myself but its just got a very dark vibe to me.

Either way, It would be very interesting to know the secrets the world holds, what kind of strange indescribable things may actually be out there.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    The only experiences I've supposedly had were told to me by my parents. My entirely family is Polish, but for simplicity's sake they never spoke any Polish in the house until I was a little older, maybe 7 or 8. They just wanted clear English established first.
    Apparently, when I was about 2, I came downstairs one day to inform my mother all about the adventures I had playing with her grandfather. He had passed away when my mom was still very young, and they had never talked about him around me. Guess I told her an awful lot about him, even referred to him in Polish, all of which made my mother just about crap her pants. That's what I've been told, anyway. :P

I like to try to keep an open mind in regards to 'aliens' and the like; I certainly don't believe that out of all of the other galaxies and crap out there that there's no other signs of intelligent life. No matter how you believe it happened, if life happened here it's always possible it happened elsewhere. But ghosts and demons are just too far for me to believe, even despite meeting my dead great-grandfather when I was a toddler. =p

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • I would rather not believe in Supernatural, 'cause to be very honest those are ones of my biggest fears.
    Though I did hear lots of stories that seem to make no sense at all which makes you doubt whether it could be something like that, such as baby hand prints on the ceiling of my friend's house (a place that isn't able to be reached).

greenking13

LORD OF ZHERRY
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    AzuPazu, I have to agree with you there, I try and choose not to believe in the supernatural, because, same as you, it is one of my biggest fears. But there have been cases where... there isn't any other option.

1. In my last middle school (I went to two.) class had already gotten out and I had stayed behind to go to the Boys & Girls Club, and I was walking alone to one of the exits when I saw a weird flicker off to my right. I look... nothing. I swear it looking like a person, but was never sure. That isn't the reason I am certain though. I continue walking, and suddenly a poster flies at me from... you guessed it. From My Right. A poster which had been TACKED to the wall, in a corridor WITH NO BREEZE to speak of. I RAN LIKE HELL.

2. Here in my current high school, I was leaving the B&G Club yet again, different school it is a massive club, and it was probably 7:50-8:20PM, I was walking alone in the open air corridors (Or Courtyards, even though I only count one of them even being like that) when from nowhere a box flies out of the trash bin and lands at my feet. Unlike last time, I went to check it out. No janitor. No strings. No fan. NOTHING.

And although I am somewhat skeptical, apparently my gym I have gym class in... it's haunted. The only reason my class even knows is because I noticed the door opening and closing. I ignore it for a while, but it keeps going, so in the middle of the class, I jump up and quickly jog to the door to find the prankster. Nobody. I stand around, confused as hell, my teacher is asking/yelling why did I get out of my seat (We were discussing... habits passed down through our genes, I think. That's why we were sitting in gym class.) and I tell her, "The door keeps flying open." Her response freak the hell out of me. In the most calm and nonchalant voice, she says "Oh, it's just the ghosts, ignore it." Now, you may be wondering, what was so odd about a door moving. Have you ever seen an object on hinges, and thought "I wouldn't be able to carry that myself." Yeah. That's the door, we still have those heavy as hell doors in my school, the things that weak people are unable to even push open.

All of these still freak me the hell out.

@Sgt. Dustmop - My friend has had a similar experience himself. But a few differences.
    A. He told his grandmother this.
    B. He was talking about two little girls.
    C. The house they live in... they obtained the plot of land, after his grandmother's friends' parents moved... since their little girls died.
    His grandmother thought he was just spinning a story, until he described them and in scary detail.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Right, confession time. I started a paranormal society when I was in college. We did the whole ghost hunting thing and even went to TAPS conventions and get togethers while we were together. We lost funding though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I have so many minor experiences so it would be kind of pointless talking about them all and honestly it could of been other logical things. Really only two times stand out to me.

The first is, once I was in my basement going through a box of makeup. I could see the bottom of the box because there were only a couple lipsticks or whatever in it. As I was going through it the box started shaking back and forth forcefully. I could hear it sliding against the tile and there was nothing in it or around it that could have moved it. Anyway I got pretty scared and ran upstairs and told my mom and that was the end of it.

My other story is less dramatic, but creeps me out a bit more. When my grandmother was alive my dad would always take me and my little brother to her house, practically everyday. There was a spare bedroom upstairs and a spare bedroom downstairs that all the grandchildren would usually avoid. Mainly because something about them gave off a weird vibe. When my grandmother was dying my sister went to visit her and they ended up having a conversation about the house and how we (the grandchildren) were always kind of afraid of those rooms. Apparently my grandmother was going to tell my sister something about them, but then changed her mind and never did. I always used to have nightmares about the house and those rooms, but after she died they became worse. It's been a few months since the last one, but usually the dreams consist of me being the house and it being extremely haunted with those two rooms having the most activity. I usually just see very distorted disturbing things and there's a feeling of being watched the entire time that is very uneasy.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • Call me twisted and bizarre, but I do believe in supernatural things
    Because for some reason a (human) being turning into a lone ghost/spirit and then going to an unknown place after death just makes more sense to me than speculating what happens with someone after they die...
    :l

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Yes, I do. I can also sense ghosts and demons, believe it or not. I love watching anything about ghosts and demons. My dad is also into this stuff, like aliens and such. I've had a few experiences with the paranormal, but I'm too lazy to go into detail of them now. XD

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2022
    Ive had one or two paranormal experiences,the first was WAY back two years ago. I was watching a movie all alone on the reserve and then all of a sudden the door opened without reason and I heard like a creaky moan,but no one was there by the door. The most recent one happened a month or two ago,it was at a cemetery where we were burying my great-aunt,it was all calm until I heard a scream(In my ear,no one else heard it) it sounded like it was coming from an older section of the cemetery,being the insane person that I am,I went to investigate,I heard a few barely audible whispers in my ears again,then it stopped....poof,just like that..

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I guess that really depends on how much you believe things can be explained.

If you ask me, I suppose I'd have to say that I don't think everything is so simple.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • There's footage at one of the liquor stores in my chain in my area of a bottle of wine flying off the shelf at like 2am while nobody was in the store.

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    My nan's old house actually made it onto an official tourist list of haunted houses so yeah I damn well believe in ghosts and so does anyone else who has ever spent a few nights there. And as for the whole ghosts can't hurt you line, I've woken in that house feeling like something was squeezing my throat, leapt out of bed screaming and found finger marks on my throat. And no one was in the room with me.

I've felt someone tugging at my hair and told my cousin who I was sharing a bed with to stop it only to look and find that she was fast asleep a foot away from me.

That house was the definition of haunted, complete with cold spot in the kitchen, figures walking through walls at night (where we later found out there used to be a door into the rest of the house before it was split into 3 houses. It was a massive hall you see, been around for at least a hundred years) and creepy corridor that the dog wouldn't go into and would stand by the door snarling if you left it open. Not to mention things disappearing, moving and reappearing in odd places. I don't know what I believe regarding things like demons and whatnot but ghosts? Yeah I believe in ghosts and I'm not scared of them but I have a healthy amount of respect for the dead, especially in that Hall because I know they could hurt me. And yet funnily enough I would love to go back and see the old place if I ever had the opportunity.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i've always been certain my house was haunted. i hear strange noises at night sometimes (i.e the slamming of doors, footsteps, lights flickering) when there's no one in the house. i only ever hear them when i'm alone and not when there are guests in my house. it's really, really weird and i always have this feeling i'm being watched, or a general uneasiness when im alone. also my room gets unnaturally cold at times, even when it's blazing hot outside. i've seen weird things in my house before, such as strange wisps of smoke and unnatural glows. i've learned to deal with it, but a lot of people say they get uncomfortable when they come over.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • My house is pretty ♥♥♥♥ed up. I know when we bought it it was like 15000 and the economy wasn't bad, it's not in a bad neighborhood at all, and the house was in pretty good condition. A few months after we moved in I got a dog and she always sat in the same spot staring at the same corner of the room growling every single day. And after she died we got a cat and the cat stares in the same spot. Pretty creepy.

Then a few years back (like 10) I was at home alone laying in bed playing my gameboy. I got up and turned off the light to go to bed and when I got in bed I heard a female voice whisper in my ear "goodnight" and then all the doors in the house slammed shut (we used to leave all of our doors open). Now I never sleep with my door open and it's always locked.

About 7 months ago was the last instance of me noticing something and it was after I had threatened to kill myself to my ex because she was being a dumb♥♥♥♥, I was walking back to my room and as I passed my dad's room I saw all of the furniture floating in the air and then there was a dark shadow on the wall that looked like a person and after staring at it for a couple of minutes it kinda like dissipated like someone had brushed it away as if it were smoke and then all of the things in the room slammed back on the ground.

Back