• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

Years
i just downloaded drastic ds in android.it said i have to download bios files

so what are bios files?where do i get them?were should i store them(which folder)

DraStic doesn't asks for bios man. I also use DraStic on my Android. Download it from playstore. All of DraStic comes in one apk package

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Do rom hacks run in GBA?

Hello, i have a Gameboy advance SP (and a flashcard of course) and i'm trying to know if it can run rom hacks. I've tried to make it work with 4 different ones and it get's stuck at a white screen right after booting, doesn't even get to show the intros and logos.

So? Does it work?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen May 12, 2016
How do I play FireRed rom hacks?

I was wondering how I could play fire red rom hacks, seeing as how every rom link online doesn't seem to work...

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 25, 2015
I really really need help for this. When i enter Drayden's house in Opelucid City in White 2,it crashes amd i cannot go anywhere because i Need to enter his house to continue the game. So,please help me on this!! )':

Oh btw! I'm playing this on nds4ios. So,help me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
i tried patch VF,Resolute and mega power with ups patcher with every clean emerald rom that i can download but still it say it wont match pls help me :( i want to play mega power

Most Emerald hacks increase the ROM size to 32mb from 16mb, which is why ups throws the error. Just select ignore errors in the ups patcher menu and try it again.
Edit: Oops, I didn't mention I use NUPS patcher.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccbkrtpddt0yyj4/NUPS.exe?dl=0

Last edited:
Years
Hey-oh! Question about hacks & I'm new >.<

I'm new and play all of my pokemon hacks through my iPhone. I seem to try to download a hack but i keep getting a "can't support file" msg. Do I have to download a file to my comp, save to my drive, and then try to transfer it to my iPhone? Is there a forum strictly for ios playable files? I have been able to download some hacks from poke community before but it was some older hacks

PokemonRoundup

Pokemon Card Collector/Youtuber
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
Hiya Vani! Welcome to PC, I'm glad you're here :)

I'm not quite sure about your hack question as I am pretty new here as well. Staff is on here frequently, greeting new people, so I'm sure they'll be able to answer your question soon.

See ya around!

PokemonBen

Kanto Champion
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Don't know if my help question quite fits in with this thread but every time I run into the spot where my custom script is my emulator freezes. I think the problem is that my Unknown, Var number, Var Value and my last Unknown are set to 0, but I don't know what to change them to. FYI: My script is a hidden item script.

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Nov 9, 2015
Best Pokemon Rom Emulator ?

I think MameUIFX or Mame are the best emulators to play the roms.. I've also found that the older versions of the emulators work best.. Thoughts?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
VBA-M 1.8 has always worked really well for me with GBA ROMs and DeSmuME works well enough for DS ROMs.

One emulator I've got my eye on for GBA that I think has a lot of potential is mGBA. It's pretty early on but it's worked well for me.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 5, 2021
Hi, I downloaded VBA-SDL-H, it works with Fire Red but it has problems with Emerald.
The first time it just showed a white screen and it told me he wasn't able to find a .ini file. So I downloaded "vba-over.ini" file, put it in the same folder of VBA-SDL-H: actually a common Pokèmon Emerald works (even if I have to delete all .sav files).
Now the fact is that I need to use VBA on my hack rom, which is an expanded Emerald ROM (precisely I'm using Emerald 650 ROM Base).
In this case the ROM is loaded but when I select "new game" it just crashes (VBA-SDL-H stops working, it says).
Is there a way to solve this problem?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen yesterday
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Dec 5, 2015
Help with Save States in OpenEmu?

Hey guys and gals, I'm new here so please be gentle with me.

Basically, I played Fire Red for like three weeks on and off (maybe 20hrs or so?) and I discovered the universal pokemon randomizer so that I can eliminate trade evolutions. I randomized my fire red rom and I can open it up and it works as far as I know.

My question is this: is there a way to transfer the save state from my unrandomized rom to my new randomized rom? I've tried simply just moving the files but they are automatically moved to a file folder with the name of the original rom.

Bonus: I also have access to the battery saves if that is a route that we can go down. Snoozlax will not block that route. Zzzzzzz...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2016
hi guys
i use the VBA emulator. i have my team set up ready to trade but i played it on the 1.1 version and found i need it on the 1.8 version to link properly. i need help how to port my 1.1 save file to 1.8

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Is there any way to solve the infamous "1M sub-circuit board is not installed" problem on GBA Pokemon hacks, but on an iOS phone? I tried moving the save file to the phone but when I load the game, it shows a message that "The save file is deleted", and it will go back to the beginning of the ROM hack and still I can't save in-game.

By the way, the ones which I had the problems are Pokemon Cyan and Pokemon Normal: Elemental Edition, and I just played them to test them out.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 26, 2015
Plz help
I recently download pokemon Armageddon rom but when i start play game it change into pokemon ruby plz help me friends and i'm using visualBoyAdvance emulator

Back