• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Confessions.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A thread to just pass along random things about PC that you think or feel and want to let out. Doesn't necessarily have to be of any great importance, either. But it has to be related to PokéCommunity!

I kind of wish name changes weren't here again, because I don't know who's who anymore and I barely knew who was who to begin with.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • I guess I'll have to be really honest...
    Well here comes the thing that bugs me the most of all things so far:
    here's so many moderators/PC supporters of any tier around that I sometimes feel like the inferior part of the people, they got cool things like larger avyys and probably other thing I don't know of but I think that are cool as well
    (and I can't become either because I wouldn't have any money to donate nor I think I could be a good moderator because I've never been in such a position)
    of course that's just my opinion and it's not like I dislike any of those people or anything
    pls don't kill me nevertheless okay

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I kind of wish name changes weren't here again, because I don't know who's who anymore and I barely knew who was who to begin with.

It is really confusing, but I think that instead of getting rid of name changes altogether, they should make the time the amount of time that you have to wait between name changes longer. Like a year or something.

Cue people calling me a hypocrite because I got my name changed after 4 months.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Some of the users here are really spoiled when it comes to newer Pokémon games, or any new Nintendo products honestly. Makes me wish they knew better that they should practice what they preach and not constantly yap hoping until something happens. It why I don't chat with these users much, or else they'll try to scoop me to their level.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I've been drifting away with some long dry spells. Don't know why, just have. I still post here every now and then just because I love you guys but nowadays I'm mostly on 4chan.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Hey Dipu, can I rub you off the wrong way? ;)

I see this thread as potentially getting nasty to moderate very quickly, but i'll try to keep it appropriate. I don't like the gossip that goes on here, it's fine to not like someone but the undercurrent of rumours and friction between "friends" annoys me.

I'd wish PC was not PG-13, it's so prudish :P Most Pokemon fans are now adults who want to do adult things! I understand why it is the case that this forum does not allow such behaviour but meh, I like to express myself.

Another confession, the battle server chat really annoys me at times.

As for a positive one, I confess that I love this place and wouldn't want to be anywhere else on the internet, PC rocks! ♥

With that comment, you might already have...

jks

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I wish it was a bit easier to access supporter privileges. I know you can gain a blog after a whole bunch of posts, but not many of us have the time to fulfill that, nor do we have le cash. Maybe give privileges based on time of joining, etc?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I wish it was a bit easier to access supporter privileges. I know you can gain a blog after a whole bunch of posts, but not many of us have the time to fulfill that, nor do we have le cash. Maybe give privileges based on time of joining, etc?

The suggestion did come up, but then there would be members who joined, posted three times, and then left for five years and randomly decided to pop on and now they have a bunch of perks. Post count was just the simplest way to make sure that only members who have a presence in the community got the perks.

As far a confession, I'm with Aerial Ace. I kind of wish name changes weren't a thing. I've never used one, so maybe it's just me, but having people change their usernames every four months can get a little much.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • The suggestion did come up, but then there would be members who joined, posted three times, and then left for five years and randomly decided to pop on and now they have a bunch of perks. Post count was just the simplest way to make sure that only members who have a presence in the community got the perks.

Ah, I see. The post count thing, however, sounds like something someone's willing to work for. Maybe expand on that?

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
    Years
  • Also about becoming a supporter, you can become a supporter as a gift as well, if you have a friend that is generous enough.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    PC feels very split into clicks, or groups, or like it's some kind of popularity contest. I think it's due to the size of the staff, combined with the size of the forum, and how hyped PC is in general. I love PC, but if you get too into it, it just feels like some sort of competition in a way that I can't even properly explain.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • PC feels very split into clicks, or groups, or like it's some kind of popularity contest. I think it's due to the size of the staff, combined with the size of the forum, and how hyped PC is in general. I love PC, but if you get too into it, it just feels like some sort of competition in a way that I can't even properly explain.

You can't befriend everyone, you won't ever like everyone. I personally just try to be nice, polite and the people I especially enjoy talking to I try my best to make the time to talk to them. This is a huge community so naturally there's going to be several cliques, as long as there's no drama between people this is totally fine. I'd only have a problem if staff acted like they were better than regular users. I have yet to find a staff member that acts like that. Everyone I've talked to from moderators to higher staff have acted like regular members.

I don't really like how often people change their names. It's not a fashion statement, its what you're identifying as. I changed my name once yes because I changed. I left for two years and returned a different person and I felt the previous name did not reflect who I was today. It kept me from posting and was also at times a bit confusing. Now its all streamline and I have no plans to change my name. If I as a person change drastically enough that I feel a name change is in order then maybe I might consider it again in the distant future.

I think its incredibly generous to allow some of the supporter privileges for long term active members since those sort of things can cost a little more in site upkeep. It just makes sense that they're paid for. I say this as someone who would have not been able to afford supporter if not for a very generous birthday gift, and before supporter I still believed this.

I'd love an 18+ section of PC but I understand that would be hard to implement. I still want it though :P

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • 1. Some of the people I talk to are sooo annoying and I really don't feel like talking to them but they keep coming back. The only reason I still talk to them is because I'm too nice to tell them to gtfo.

2. They have some users that shows that they have an IQ lower than the one of a plant and having a debate with them makes me feel stupid.

3. There's some PC members that are very rarely online nowadays and I miss them :(

inb4 people feels targeted at the 1st and 2nd confession :C

Back