• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The city right by the Mexican border is opening a new shopping center with lots of outlet stores. I might have a better chance at getting a job there seeing that they're gonna need about 5000+ workers. That's just a rough estimate.

& my day yesterday was also activity-filled just like yours, Amanda. :D I visited my grandmother & some family members. It was pretty awesome day despite we had a thunderstorm roll around. D:

Sirfetch’d

The city right by the Mexican border is opening a new shopping center with lots of outlet stores. I might have a better chance at getting a job there seeing that they're gonna need about 5000+ workers. That's just a rough estimate.

& my day yesterday was also activity-filled just like yours, Amanda. :D I visited my grandmother & some family members. It was pretty awesome day despite we had a thunderstorm roll around. D:

Ohh those do sound like good odds on you finding a job. Good luck Megan!

We also had a pretty good thunderstorm roll through yesterday and there is a good chance today as well.

Sirfetch’d

My sleep usually consist of only 5 hours for the past few weeks, lol =/

I know the feeling. I even get less than that and it really does suck when you know that you need sleep, but stay up late regardless

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Just this one last post then I'll go to bed! That's what I keep telling myself...

Looks like your job-hunting days might be finally over with that new mall, Megan! Happy for you. :3 All the best Megan and everyone else looking for a job!

My day's activities started from a hairdresser appointment to get my hair cut (might post a pic with my new hairdo sometime soon, so look out for it! xD), then visited and hung out with my friend who's leaving for Japan for studies tomorrow. Next time I'll get to see her again will be after a year. :c Finally, attended my church's dedication ceremony and 50th anniversary. Had a great time and a great dinner. And thus ends my particularly eventful day.

Now I should really get going. Goodnight, DCCians! <3

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I remember when I used to job hunt. I would send my CV to like 4 places and be like 'Okay! That's a good number of CV I sent, now to wait!
And they would never call me, lol x(

The jobs I actually had, I didn't even look for them, it was people who offered me to work for them while I wasn't even job-hunting or sending out CVs.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My only job I had I got help to get and now I can't seem to get one myself :/

and both my sisters got jobs with little effort. I just don't understand.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Well one of my sister's friends works at the same place and told her about the job, so I thin the friend helped. I don't have that luxury >.>

Sirfetch’d

Yeah It seems like some people get them so easy even if they have the same credentials as I have, but for me its like it will never happen.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
My sisters have LESS credentials. My 18 year old sister has 0 job experience and she got that job really easy. I have over 2 years retail experience and I volunteer, and yet I never get any calls.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
What also sucks is that for to get hired, most of the time you need job experience but you also don't have job experience because no one wanna hire you.

Sirfetch’d

What also sucks is that for to get hired, most of the time you need job experience but you also don't have job experience because no one wanna hire you.

This is what I always feel is my biggest problem, but whenever I go to interview they tell me that this isn't a huge issue and can actually be helpful because at least you don't have any negative experience at previous jobs.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I remember when I used to job hunt. I would send my CV to like 4 places and be like 'Okay! That's a good number of CV I sent, now to wait!
And they would never call me, lol x(

The jobs I actually had, I didn't even look for them, it was people who offered me to work for them while I wasn't even job-hunting or sending out CVs.

4 places? That's it?
I applied 44 different places until i got a call back.

Sometimes people are looking for something specific in the CV.. and sometimes it's also the way your CV is laid out. Sometimes it's who you know and who can give you a good rec.. instead of what you know.

I think Drakow made a good blog a little while ago about CVs and his advice was pretty spot on :3

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
4 places? That's it?
I applied 44 different places until i got a call back.

Sometimes people are looking for something specific in the CV.. and sometimes it's also the way your CV is laid out.

I think Drakow made a good blog a little while ago about CVs and his advice was pretty spot on :3

Yea, lmao. I was pretty picky with the places I wanted to work at, I didn't wanna stay there for 2 weeks and then quit because I didn't like it there ;~;

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Even if I hated to work in a place, I would stay if the pay was satisfying. Which reminds me I need one badly. To buy more video games.

Sirfetch’d

Even if I hated to work in a place, I would stay if the pay was satisfying. Which reminds me I need one badly. To buy more video games.

I don't think I could have a job that I hated. I have always felt that you should love what you are doing, and if you are unhappy then no amount of money is worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back