• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirfetch’d

Does your college happen to have students working on campus as well? At mine, students work at the specific areas inside student services (ie there's a student who checks students into the academic advising office, and a student secretary at the financial aid office)

Hmm not quite sure actually. I'd have to see and find out because I don't think so, but I am not 100% positive about that.

Years
    Hmm not quite sure actually. I'd have to see and find out because I don't think so, but I am not 100% positive about that.
    I know for a fact that my college offer on-campus for students, so now I am curious about getting to apply. :P

But other than that, I am just glad to be home after a really tiring day -_-

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    ^this is why i refuse to ask for help from the student helpers at the college. they are extremely rude and unhelpful as if they're just there for a god damn paycheck. My college is just...ugh. I can't begin to explain how horrible they are.

Sirfetch’d

^this is why i refuse to ask for help from the student helpers at the college. they are extremely rude and unhelpful as if they're just there for a god damn paycheck. My college is just...ugh. I can't begin to explain how horrible they are.

If I were a student and doing this job, I would want to be as helpful as possible. I guess not everyone is willing to be like that though :\

Years
    Oh, the students at my college are more helpful.. it's the ones they have at the service desk and they aren't students.

I had received a phone call about transcripts a few weeks ago and it was a student, she was very nice and even shared a small personal experience when I asked about them not being received.

Years
    I despise my college. Always feel like it's the most unprofessional one in the US because my experiences there can be so annoying. I've been told I had a different amount of credits three different times by three people and had to keep consulting staff to finally get the issues sorted and find out my correct total. That almost threw me off from graduation. ;<

Also some of my professors did nothing but read from the textbook in a monotone voice rather than teach properly, a few have been totally heartless, and others just didn't care enough to teach and instead talked about life (didn't mind that last one, though. Easy class yay).

Sirfetch’d

Also some of my professors did nothing but read from the textbook in a monotone voice rather than teach properly, a few have been totally heartless, and others just didn't care enough to teach and instead talked about life (didn't mind that last one, though. Easy class yay).

As bad as my college can be sometimes, I will say that I have lucked out on the professors. I have only gotten really nice professors that do their job of actually teaching without making the classes overwhelming.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years

o_o..i'm sorry that's awful.

last year the student helpers were nice. someone who wasn't a student helper helped me today. i probably seemed new because i had a map xD

Years
    I should have probably picked up a map of my college's campus today while I was at it >_<

At least I know my way to student services, but that's about it. >_>

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years

^me during class tbh, during lectures that is xD

A lot of the professors I had in the past encouraged group work...which is my biggest fear, others are like "OK SO TURN TO PAGE 122 AND FOLLOW ALONG AS I LECTURE THROUGH THIS POORLY MADE POWERPOINT"

Sirfetch’d

I should have probably picked up a map of my college's campus today while I was at it >_<

Luckily my college is pretty small, but I still get lost sometimes, haha. I need to pick up a map soon as well!

Sirfetch’d

Mine is as well, as it's just one of the many campuses of a community college. Is yours a community college as well?

It is! There are 3 of them located near us, with the one I am attending being the largest.

Years
    It is! There are 3 of them located near us, with the one I am attending being the largest.
    I'm not sure if the one I'm attending enrolled at is the largest :P but it's not the main campus either.. the main campus is located within the city while the one I'm enrolled at is just located in the unincorporated areas outside of the city

Sirfetch’d

I'm not sure if the one I'm attending enrolled at is the largest :P but it's not the main campus either.. the main campus is located within the city while the one I'm enrolled at is just located in the unincorporated areas outside of the city

Ah. I really like attending a Community College. The environment is such less hectic than that of a bigger college and the smaller class sizes are much more enjoyable. Very glad I decided to take this route.

Years
    Ah. I really like attending a Community College. The environment is such less hectic than that of a bigger college and the smaller class sizes are much more enjoyable. Very glad I decided to take this route.
    The smaller class sizes are exactly why I chose to go to community college as well, and smaller tuition too. At least I'm not paying total tuition into 5-figures by the time I depart from the school, unlike some private colleges.

Sirfetch’d

The smaller class sizes are exactly why I chose to go to community college as well, and smaller tuition too. At least I'm not paying total tuition into 5-figures by the time I depart from the school, unlike some private colleges.

Yeah the lower tuition cost is excellent. While I do have a partial scholarship, that will run out soon and not having to pay 100k+ to attend the rest of the time is going to be a huge advantage in the end.

Years
    My mother thinks community college is for failures, which I don't believe at all and I think it is a good stepping stone in your career/life.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back