• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
@Jess:
I found something that I think you might appreciate.
Spoiler:

Also, why are you testing your blood? >->

As for comics, I do really like some of them. For example, Green Arrow, Batman, and Nightwing. But Spiderman, Superman, Hulk, Thor, eh. I like the ones that are feasible, I suppose. And Badass.
I think for me though, Mangas beat out Comics.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
From my personal perspective, Mangas beat Comics, but the only reason why its because I don't like the Marvel/DC comics superheroes. come kill me

And god... I HAVEN'T WATCHED THE HUNGER GAMES !!!

takenbythewind

fly on little wing ♪
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2013
I really liked the first Hunger Games. But its been so long since I've seen it that I don't even know if I want to take the time to re-watch it.
I probably wont end up seeing Catching Fire. *sweat drop*

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
Years
Ehhh, the books are always better than the movies. Even so I think the movie was pretty well done. I just hope they do extremely well on Catching Fire since that was my favourite book in the trilogy.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That did make me smile, Paladin.
Just out of curiosity (and I might regret asking this)- but why did you think I might appreciate it?
Ehh I don't even know all that was being tested for. Apparently there's something wrong with me and my doctor is trying to figure out what it is. X? I don't mind all that much. It's kind of fun to watch the blood going into the vial haha.

I don't read comics/manga/etc.
Well, with the exception of Pokemon. X}

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Because I doubt you convinced whoever it was that you told you were playing the Pokemon TCG, and if you did, you'll probably never live it down. X)

Eeeehh? I hope you're alright. . . :s
Yes, needles are fun!

Eh, to each their own, I suppose. I myself love both of them, though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Nah, they believed me, considering they had seen me playing the TCG. Although they did seem amused.
Ah, I'll be fine. I don't think it has potential to be anything dangerous. Even though I only have had a couple of blood tests since I was really young, I've already gotten used to it.

I just have yet to find a manga/comic that interests me, honestly. Perhaps I will eventually. I previously did try to find manga of some sort to read, but it didn't work.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
Meh, I hear that The Walking Dead loses a huge peice of it's zombie-ness later in the series, and then forth becomes more of a drama of the characters living in a post-apocalyptical world.

I much prefer Falling Skies.

Okay, Jess, so long as you're alright. :s

Damn, I remember reading this manga somewhere about this game- Found it.

Rabbit Doubt:
Doubt (-ダウト- Dauto ? ), also known as Rabbit Doubt (ラビット·ダウト Rabitto Dauto ? ), is a shōnen horror manga written and illustrated by Yoshiki Tonogai. The series focuses on the "Rabbit Doubt" cell phone game, with rules similar to Mafia. The players must find the wolf, or killer, amongst their group of rabbits as they are picked off one-by-one. Six players of this game find themselves trapped in a building with one of the group already dead; to avoid the same fate, the remaining five must play a real-life game of "Rabbit Doubt" and find the wolf hiding among them.

This one was actually pretty good, in my opinion. Or if you want something lighter, Baka to Test is absolutely spectacular.

Years
I've never gotten into The Walking Dead, probably because I don't have a liking to drama series on TV a whole lot, but I know people who are into it like it's their life.

For as old as I am, I'm still pretty much into cartoons and nothing more. They're entertaining enough for me.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Same here. I only started watching dramas and all that around... 3 years ago?

Speaking of which, I started watching Breaking Bad.

Holy crap. So good.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Meh, I hear that The Walking Dead loses a huge peice of it's zombie-ness later in the series, and then forth becomes more of a drama of the characters living in a post-apocalyptical world.
That's what The Walking Dead has been since the beginning really, it's what it apart from dozens of other zombie related things out there.

Anywho, two really good non superhero comics are Joe the Barbarian and I Kill Giants. They're both character driven titles and are both mercifully short. The action in them plays out much differently from what you would expect out of a comic, they're very memorable reads. Also, Marvel's been adapting the various Wizard of Oz books into 6-8 issue miniseries each year for about five years now. So.Freaking.Good. They've got art from the amazing Skottie Young on them, he's got this interesting sketchy quality to the work he does and it fits the fantasy elements of the series so perfectly.

I think about 90% of what I watched growing up were cartoons. They were just more fun than most of what was on TV.
I pretty much stuck to children's TV through a lot of my adolescence because I'm a story guy and, oddly enough, that was one of the few places you should find shows with episode to episode stories. These days I'll watch whatever catches my fancy, but there's so much creativity that comes out of cartoons when compared to 90% of what's on TV for adults.

Last edited:
Years
I pretty much stuck to children's TV through a lot of my adolescence because I'm a story guy and, oddly enough, that was one of the few places you should find shows with episode to episode stories. These days I'll watch whatever catches my fancy, but there's so much creativity that comes out of cartoons when compared to 90% of what's on TV for adults.

Yeah me too, it's not uncommon for me to still watch cartoons and shows targeted at kids at 20 years of age. Maybe it's because I find them funny for some odd reason, I do know loads of them seem to make me laugh a lot.

Years
I stay away from children's cartoons. Usually I will watch stuff that's rated TV-Y7 (USA rating), G, or PG. Surely it might take me back to my childhood, but I just don't want to have the shows on my mind, especially at the wrong times.

Years
Yes, I can agree that Regular Show is geared more towards adults than children, and possibly even teens. It has humor that I can understand, but maybe someone who is 4-5 years younger than me might not understand it. After all, it's about a raccoon and a blue jay who have jobs at a park and slack off. Most children's cartoons do not have the protagonists holding a paying job.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Regular Show and Adventure Time are supposed to be children's shows but yeah there's tons of adult material in them. That's what makes both of them so good for me is I can get alot of the jokes. Regular Show being more adult orientated than Adventure Time.

Though Adventure Time is more of an obsession for me. Hahaha. (Funny I'm wearing an AT shirt as we speak.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back