• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Oh dear lord. Interviews.

I make the mistake of seeing them as another conversation, really. Which I guess isn't so bad sometimes.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I think finding and getting hired at a job is harder than the actual job you're looking to get. Getting hired is so hard for me to do, because I suck at interviews. I'm sitting there the whole time like "Oh my god this is so stupid. You can't tell a single thing about me from this one interview that should or shouldn't quality me for this position." I'm more of a "Give me a chance to wow you at this job, and I will." type of person. I talked to my boss about hiring me the other day and he said I was a really lousy interview, but I came to be one of his favorite workers because of how hard I work. And he's a person who I think is really hard to please when it comes to his standards for his employees.

Damn really? I think the opposite actually. Well.. the job-searching and application and CV/ Demo-reel making is the hardest bit. Interviews have always been a breeze for me. My last one was a phone interview and we ended up just chatting for an hour after questions were asked, it was great. Got hired from it, (hence it being my last one) and loving the job but it has its hectic days of course! I really love where I work and knock on wood that I don't end up leaving anytime soon.

Years
  • I just hope for sure that I get a call from one of the employers I have applied for, because I need money for school, and that's that. I'm probably stubborn in saying this, but I'd rather work in retail than at a restaurant because I've heard stories from people I know that have worked at restaurants (specifically, fast food joints) and they do not like the management.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    i come off as a rather subservient person in interviews, which works for my advantage most of the time, but my boss learnt quickly that i am the complete opposite of subservient and has since used that to my advantage
    i haven't had a job interview in two years but i've had like 20 and they always manage to think i'm a rather meek person (not of my own volition, may i add) and to their horror they learn that i am in fact a very domineering person who quickly tries to control everything
    oops
    *mariah moment*

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Popping back in again, hope y'all don't mind :3

No I haven't seen it, I can't watch horror. Is anyone else, like, totally terrified to watch scary movies? D: It looks a lot like Insidious though. Tbh it looks really stupid to me. I mean, she's standing by the stairs and then *CLAP CLAP!* How is that scary? Is the ghost trying to get her to do the macarena or something?

EDIT: Oh cool, a guide to employment! I'll definitely need to read that later on. Thanks for the link, Drakow :D

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I never did see Insidious, though I heard that it was really good. And my friend can't stand horror movies. I had to literally drag her to see the Purge. And don't get me started on that.

Snowdrop

Years
  • OMG everyone raves about how good Insidious is but it's the stupidest mf-ing thing I've ever seen. I have noooo idea where people get the idea that it was scary. When I was watching it, I actually thought I was watching some sort of weird knockoff of it but it was the real thing. I'm the biggest wuss you'll ever see (The Legend of ZELDA scares the crap out of me, come on now) and I didn't find it scary. You will literally see a ghost tap-dancing to a song called "Tiptoe through the Tulips" and Satan has fuzzy legs and goat hooves.

Last edited:

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I really don't see the point in horror movies. Some of them scare me, some of them don't, but... I don't like them.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • What do you mean by "the point" exactly? It's entertainment, no? Same as any other kind of movie. It just appeals to a certain group.

And Snow, you're making Insidious sound terrible LOL.

Snowdrop

Years
  • It is terrible lol! I think the only one that's worse would be The Grudge 2. I watched it when I was young and it scared me but now that I look back at it, it's hilarious. It's like her face is stuck in permanent leech-mode lol
    Spoiler:

Snowdrop

Years
  • The Spectacular what? Let me look that up...

Huh. That looks interesting, I love coming-of-ages. And the critics really seem to like it, too. What kind of movies do you like best?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm cool with any kind of movie, really. So long as it's not stupid or boring, I'll watch it. Horror would be my favorite genre though. =P

Snowdrop

Years
  • I'm childish as heck and I often prefer animated movies. Animation or documentaries. Other than that, my interests in movies are really scattered. I can like pretty much anything like you said, as long as it's not interesting or boring. And it has to be easy to follow, I get lost easily =P

Years
  • I really enjoy action movies and movies with emotion. Man of Steel and World War Z were two films I recently saw and I loved them both. So much action and suspense, plus the plot of both movies were really interesting. :P

Years
  • I didn't really like Man of Steel. It didn't flow well for me and there were too many collapsing buildings. I felt like I was slapped across the face repeatedly with the big stick of special effects. The last movie I liked was ... probably The Last King of Scotland.

Years
  • ...I wanted to see that but totally forgot about it. :( Been hearing that it's pretty mediocre from people, which is disappointing, but I want to watch before I make any judgments on it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Oh god, the hype for Man of Steel was crazy. And the letdown of it shown in other peoples' faces was even crazier. I haven't seen it, and probably won't, but my friends have been decrying to movie. :c

I heard the new Wolverine movie was pretty meh as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back