• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pet Peeves

stringzzz

Banned
    Years
    I'm pretty sure we all have at least one pet peeve, something that totally drives us up the wall no matter how much we try to make peace with it.

I generally have a very long fuse when it comes to anger, it takes a lot to set me off. The one exception I can think of, however, is a noisy eater. I'm talking about the kind that seems to have no manners, loudly munches on their food, mouth open, just smacking away at what they are eating. Nothing grinds my gears like that, so I tend to avoid anyone who eats like that when they are eating. I'm not sure what it even is about it, it's just something I've always noticed.

So, PC, what tends to bother you, what are your pet peeves? Just please try to keep it civil and respectful, even if it stirs up some negative emotions.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I generally have a very long fuse when it comes to anger, it takes a lot to set me off. The one exception I can think of, however, is a noisy eater. I'm talking about the kind that seems to have no manners, loudly munches on their food, mouth open, just smacking away at what they are eating. Nothing grinds my gears like that, so I tend to avoid anyone who eats like that when they are eating. I'm not sure what it even is about it, it's just something I've always noticed.
    Might be misophonia. I have that, and the sounds of people chewing can either make me extremely angry, or I might have a panic attack from it if the noise surrounds me. It's also why I can not stand people whistling. The sound is shrill and makes me furious.

Pretty much anything that involves loud disturbing noises is a pet peeve of mine. Talking loudly (especially on speaker phone) in public. Playing loud music on phones in public. People on their cheap motor bikes popping their engines and speeding.

Also, I can't stand it when people don't pick up after their dog, or forces the world to deal with their dog(s). I have three of my own, and if we're out in public, I clean up after them. I also keep them on a leash and make sure that they don't bother other people or other dogs. And I don't take them where they're not allowed to go like the grocery store.

Years
    I have pet peeves which I dislike, mostly related to my severe germophobia. But they don't make me angry unless someone crosses a boundary.

I'd say slovenly behaviour in general. From strangers I don't care but if you live with me...you won't be for long.

Years
    • Seen today
    People who don't use a turn signal. Especially when pulling out into the middle of the road. It's way too common in our area. Our state is notorious for some of the worst drivers, but now I realize how annoying not signaling is specifically.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Numbers with 5 or more digits without commas drive me nuts, makes it difficult to read what the number actually is. It's 1,000,000 not 1000000, get that shit out of here. The one exception to this is when you keysmash some long number and it doesn't matter what exactly the number is, like say if you were to write "here are 23935365 reasons why Elon Musk sucks" or something.

I also hate how we're this far into the internet age, and for most places you still have to make a fucking phone call to schedule an appointment, why is doing it on a webpage so fucking rare!?

Years
    People who act nice in your face and then treat you like dung when you're not around. The people I found doing that got booted out of my life instantly, no excuses.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    Even though I smoke cigars monthly and risk being called a hypocrite, I have absolutely zero empathy and tolerance for cigarette smokers given my lifelong capnophobia/fumiphobia (a fear of inhaled smoke that's so cool, it has two names). My loathing for them began in high school but since the covid pandemic began three years ago my hatred for them came back 50 times stronger when I seemingly caught a bad illness around the same time (it wasn't covid, just a stomach virus). Since then I hold smokers responsible for putting us through the shits and try to condemn them in every capacity. Too bad that I live in Japan and the tobaco is consumed by 19% of the nat. population. If I somehow find out each and one of you taking a liking to those stupid white candy sticks, do yourself a favour and don't talk to me or do anything to upset me.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Even though I smoke cigars monthly and risk being called a hypocrite, I have absolutely zero empathy and tolerance for cigarette smokers given my lifelong capnophobia/fumiphobia (a fear of inhaled smoke that's so cool, it has two names). My loathing for them began in high school but since the covid pandemic began three years ago my hatred for them came back 50 times stronger when I seemingly caught a bad illness around the same time (it wasn't covid, just a stomach virus). Since then I hold smokers responsible for putting us through the shits and try to condemn them in every capacity. Too bad that I live in Japan and the tobaco is consumed by 19% of the nat. population. If I somehow find out each and one of you taking a liking to those stupid white candy sticks, do yourself a favour and don't talk to me or do anything to upset me.
    so I have to ask, why do you smoke cigars? seems a bit odd that someone who hates cigarette smoking and then also has a fear of smoke inhalation would smoke anything at all

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    Well, I live far away from friends and loves ones so no one can snitch me, and it was something I wanted to try and like it which is very ironic. I'm content enough to do it moderately but even I know it doesn't solve the problem of ridding myself of this phobia. It's not the best explanation at but I can't put it any other way.
    Seeing that Oppenheimer film around the web got me angry enough to reveal this pet peeve to everyone.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    People who listen to music and other stuff out loud in public, especially in the workplace. Earlier today at work, someone came into the stall next to me in the restroom and she was listening to a Trump speech. 😫 That's a particularly bad example, because Trump, but that's the most recent.

I used to work retail and people would play their music out loud out of their phones and that drove me up a wall! Like, did these people never learn basic decency and respect to others in public? But also the sound of music blaring out of a tinny mobile phone speaker from a distance is absolutely dreadful! I'm so glad that at my current workplace people don't do this... Aside from the rare instance where someone is listening to something in the restroom like earlier today. lol >.>

Cosmega

Your feathered fella
    Years
    • He / Him
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    People who litter. Why. The garbage can is literally three steps away, why toss it on the ground??
    It's funny 'cause school teaches you not to do it in flippin' PRE-SCHOOL, however that's THE ONE THING they see as useless information. I think I'll never understand why so many people do this. It's sad that there are people out there that are killing our planet out of sheer laziness.

Setsuna

♡ I hope the world~
    Years
    Mine would probably be if you're explaining something to me and offer no context, just expecting me to completely understand everything you're telling me. Like, if you're talking to me about how you're struggling with a boss in a video game I've never played, but you're just saying the names of attacks or skills and not explaining what they do or why that matters. I knew someone who'd do that all the time and I could not talk to them.

Another is if you're bragging about how little sleep you get like it's a competition. Knew someone where that was the only thing they'd ever talk about. I'd try and have a conversation with them, be a good friend and tell them "If you're saying you should have gone to bed 3 hours ago, you should try to sleep, it sounds like you need it" and they'd just say "yeah i should" and then act like it never happened, and later continue talking about how "i'm so tired someone tell me to sleep!"

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    I've had it up to here with shitheads who treat the simple act of stair climbing like it's an Olympic sport, only because they're in a hurry or are spritely fit with no aching joints - makes me look like a weakling in comparison. You know the sort; people who never move too slow but always too fast than I could count. Or even better, climbing two steps in a single stride or, murder forbid, two steps downwards. I saw the latter happening minutes ago. That's amazing footwork right there, but just wait for the day your spine caves in or you go falling in a crumpled heap, not to mention endangering other people in a public space. Those steps are made like that for a f*cking reason - USE THEM!

Back