• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pie Mafia [Endgame]

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
  • Feelsbadman

Just thought I'd mention that the inactivity was actually based on business and not on being scum :P oh well, I should've contributed more early

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    OKAY but really this was so much fucking fun and I would definitely do it all over again. Also, I guess it goes without saying since my very first lynch vote was for @jdthebud, but WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF WE'D LYNCHED YOU I MEAN HONESTLY

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • i already knew it was you once you went and voted for me after i revealed as doc

smh i was killed because all of you were inactive to change your votes smh

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
  • @jd Game balance looks pretty good. I don't like the unaware miller though, that would piss me off if I had that role, haha. :P

Good job guys!

TheCapsFan

Threat To Survival
    Years
  • Pretty much all millers are unaware?

Every time I've ever been miller it has been explicitly stated in my role PM that I am a miller, and thus will be read as Mafia on cop checks. I have never been told I was vanilla, but would secretly come up as mafia on checks, like an unaware miller would.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Depends on the setup. Closed setups usually will have the millers be aware. If it's open, then any vanillas will know there is a possibility they are a miller. In this game I debated whether to inform or not due to the semi open setup. I tried to make the hint of it being possible as obvious as I could without explicitly stating it. And since this community is used to it being unaware miller, it was picked up on pretty well.

I'll answer any other questions in more detail in a bit.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
  • Thanks for hosting jd! Really liked the set-up of this game :D
    Gg guys :D
    I really enjoyed this game. We need more like it imo. :)
    Anything specific you'd like to highlight?

Now then, here are some fun facts and interesting interactions for you all:
    • If I had been the lynch target, there would have been a Night Party, where talking in the thread would have been allowed during the night. No other effect. It basically was the only way to vote for a No Lynch. :P
    • If I had been targeted at night, the effect would have been based on what the action was. If I had been targeted by a kill, the ensuing day would have been skipped. Any non-lethal actions would have resulted in the player losing their day vote for that day.

• The 1x Strongman could technically have been blocked, but only by the Beguiler redirecting a roleblock on to them. Very low chance of that happening.
    • Aquacorde, the Clockmaker, targeted town all five nights she was alive. She actually had four chances to kill a mafia before the clock went past 1, since she hit the 1x Bulletproof.
    • gimmepie, the Cop, was targeted by three people on N0 - the Roleblocker, the Tracker, and the Oracle. He was blocked again on N2, after he was outed by Caps. Caps chose gimmepie N0 and did not change his oracle choice N1.
    • gimmepie also chose town all four times he investigated.
    • Altaria, the Beguiler, was never targeted by any actions throughout the game, so her action did nothing. If successful, the person who originally targeted her would have been informed that their action was redirected, and to whom - except if Bard's roleblock had been redirected back to himself - then it just would have been "unsuccessful". The Beguiler could not be roleblocked.
    • The mafia was never targeted by any detection roles, so the ninja action that Bidoof FTW had never came into play.

The Fake Pies mafia chat can be seen here:
    http://pastebin.com/9wq8xmjy

NightKrow

staying up all night
    Years
  • I liked how it was a fairly simple game without any crazy mechanics, but it still had a few fun roles like the Clockmaker, and we had to work out what the roles did from their descriptions instead of just being told what they are.

Alex Kaz

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Whoa jd I read the whole maf chat and mate you did a pretty good job at GMing, props xD

Thanks for hosting also, and I'll be sure to join another game of yours!

Back