• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéAni Post-A-Thon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • [a id]btt[/a id]
    Pokémon Anime Post-A-Thon
    May 1st, 2014 - May 31st, 2014

[css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]Introduction[/a id]
    Introduction

Do you want to be the very best, like no one ever was? If so, then welcome to Pokémon Anime's Post-A-Thon, or PAT for short! A Post-A-Thon is like a forum game but with a greater challenge and reward. The goal of a PAT is to create as many meaningful threads and posts as you can within a certain period of time, earning points along the way. This Pokémon Anime PAT also offers points for attending episode streams. More information on the streams can be found here. Every post and thread that you make within the Pokémon Anime forum and the Episode Discussion sub-forum will earn you points for the Pokémon Anime PAT. You do not need to do anything special with your posts and threads, simply type the content that you normally would.

[css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]Rules[/a id]
    Rules

• The point goal by the end of May is 50 points
    • Creating a post earns you 1 point
    • Attending a stream earns you 2 points
    • Creating a thread earns you 3 points
    • You can't have more than 5 posts and threads count towards your total point accumulation per day (ex. 3 posts and 2 threads; 5 threads; 4 posts and 1 thread)
    • However feel free to make more than 5 posts and/or threads per day :P
    • Attending streams are an exception, you can earn points from them even if you already made 5 or more posts and/or threads
    • In order to earn streaming points, you must stick around for at least one episode
    • Posts made in the Caption the Screenshot! ‎thread are not eligible for earning points
    • Posts made in this thread are not eligible for earning points
    • Your posts and threads must follow PokéCommunity's rules and Pokémon Anime's rules in order to earn points
    [/div][/div]
    [css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]signup[/a id]
    Signing Up

Signing up is easy! Simply post in this thread and say that you want to join. After that, you may make a second post (or edit your original post to avoid double posting) and start linking to your threads and posts. Don't worry if you make posts and threads before signing up, all posts and threads in Pokémon Anime and Episode Discussion made during this month can count towards your score. Note that you are responsible for keeping track of your own posts and threads.

[/div]
    [css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]streamin[/a id]
    Streaming Information

Throughout the course of this month, there will be an abundance of streams provided by Aquacorde, Sage Ghetsis, and Wobbu. Before a host begins streaming, they will always create a post in The Streaming Thread that announces details such as the time of the stream and what episodes will be streamed. Once you join the streaming room, found here, match your livestream nickname with your PC username (or at least reveal your PC username in the chat) and try to stick around and chat for an episode or two. Please also note which stream(s) you joined in your tracking post.

[/div]
    [css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]prizes[/a id]
    Prizes

There's no such thing as a PokéCommunity event without prizes. All participants will have the chance to win emblems but only two will be able to earn a custom HTML user title. There is also one elusive Crystal Tier Supportership up for grabs!
    • All participants who earn at least 25 points will earn a participation emblem
    • All participants who reach the 50 point goal will earn another emblem congratulating their win
    • The first member to reach 50 points will receive a one-time custom HTML user title
    • The member with the most points by the end of May will also receive a one-time custom HTML user title
    • The first member to reach 120 points will earn a Crystal Tier Supportership!*

[/div]
    [css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]participants[/a id]
    Participants

Peitharchia
    • acatfrommars
    • elheroeoscuro
    • Sheep
    • Jorah
    • MIAU
    • Fairy Tale~
    • Sage Ghetsis

[/div]​

Heavily inspired by Pokémon Clubs's "Post-A-Thon Challenge" and Video Games's "How Much Do YOU Love Video Gaming? The Challenge!"
    Event by Wobbu & Aquacorde; formatting and understandable explanations by Wobbu.
    *Supportership will not be granted until mid August

[css-DIV="width: 100%;"][a id]participants[/a id]
    Images Courtesy of OCOTA
    [/div][/div]​

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Great idea, guys; I'm definitely in. n_n;; Had a few thread ideas in mind, which I never wound up posting. Hopefully, this would motivate me enough into getting them actually done. Should be pretty fun!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Why not! I've had the urge to come to this section of PC for awhile now, and this is a great motivator! Keep up the great work you crazy fools, can't wait to see what this month has in store!
    Spoiler:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    This is actually a nicest idea at making Pokemon anime more populated since I've been here. It has never been the most active, or really had many posters that were watching the latest series. Just no more "bring back Misty" or "Ash sucks" threads, PLZ. So I'll sign up and just see what happens.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    I've been meaning to return to the WAC and episode discussions for a while now, and this seems like the perfect occasion. I remember the clubs post-a-thon was fun, so only good can come out of this. Can't promise that I'll reach the 50 points goal, but I'll try :)

sword

LETS HACK.
    Years
  • I love Pokemon Anime to much that you can't imagine.I almost saw all episodes of Pokemon

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I love Pokemon Anime to much that you can't imagine.I almost saw all episodes of Pokemon
    That's pretty cool haha. Did you wanna participate in our event, then?

Also reminder to everyone who signed up: you're responsible for tracking your own stuff! Just because I read everything doesn't mean I'm gonna count it. -v-;

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I completely forgot this was happening and haven't posted at all this month yet halp!

I guess I'm in, though I have to admit that Crystal Rank sounds wildly implausible at that value. :/

Honsly

Pokemon Lord
    Years
  • Not exactly sure how this works even though I read the rules, but since May is almost over, I guess I'll have to wait for next time :P
    Hopefully you do this again next month or something, because it seems really interesting, even though I don't get how it works :P

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • For every post you make in this forum, you earn 1 point. For every thread you make, you earn 3 points. Sometimes someone will host a stream, which will earn you 2 points if you attend. All you have to do in this thread is link to all of your posts and threads in this forum. The goal by the end of this month is 50 points. You can still sign up if you want :P

There will be another Post-A-Thon in the future but it will be much later than next month unfortunately.

Wobbu

Years
  • Just a notice to the participants: this event will close on the upcoming Wednesday night! New posts and threads will no longer count towards your point total but you are all encouraged to link to your posts and threads from May.

Wobbu

Years
  • 8)

Now that May has come and gone, so has the Post-A-Thon. Thank you to all who participated and I hope to see you all again during the next Post-A-Thon! Expect it to pop up around during 1Q 2015 or 4Q 2014. If anyone has any suggestions for the next PAT, feel free to send me a message :D

A big thanks to Aquacorde for helping to coordinate this event, and another thanks to Sage Ghetsis for assisting with streaming!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back