• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokélections 2015

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Stephen+Colbert+Jon+Stewart+Comedy+Central+F8ntg7EsOusl.jpg

this doesn't have css so you can just bite me

Welcome to the inaugural Pokélections of 2015! What are we electing? What does this have to do with Pokémon at all? Fear not! There is an explanation coming!

The point of this thread has been laid out by my co-host The Dark Avenger, and I cannot think of a better way to describe it:

'The 2016 election cycle is approaching quickly, and has arguably, already begun. With the turmoil of the Pokémon world being pervasive throughout the plot of the anime and various video game series, it's time to make a change in leadership unless we should continue to allow the fate of the world to be in the hands of perpetual 10-year olds.

Candidates will be given a list of Pokémon policy stances and moral dilemmas they must answer concisely in order for the elections committee to form a candidate profile. The submissions will be blind, and the constituents of PC must decide on who they believe made the best arguments for their stances while casting their votes. Obviously D&D isn't everyone's cup of tea, but my hopes are that the clash of the whimsical world of Pokémon and the important real world political and ethical dilemmas, including but not limited to, the economy, civil rights, and foreign policy will be a fun way of incorporating D&D for the general PC "constituency's" participation'

Get it? You don't? Well, let me elaborate a bit more. Think of this thread as a live Presidential debate, but revolving around the world of Pokémon. There is so much more to the world than just gaining exp, so much that can be discussed. Have you ever wondered how the Pokémon world actually functions? How does it run? Who runs it? How do the regions interact? Why is making dangerous demonic animals brutally attack each other legal? Why does one corporation control all aspects of life? How should be handle the fact that there are essentially creator gods that can be bent to our will? Should rare candies be considered a Class A narcotic? There is so much to consider, so much that we gloss over. But no more! It is time for someone to tackle the issues that are very present.
    It is time for someone to lead their region into the Masterball Office.

Candidates will be periodically presented with a list of issues in this thread with which they will (hopefully) do their best to answer. Not every issue has to be answered, you may exercise your right not to answer. But let's be real - the more you do answer, the more likely you are to win.

If you wish to take part in this event, it's simple. Use the sign-up sheet below and sign yourself up on behalf of your region. Your region will take the place of the political parties in our world. As with the real world, there will naturally (hopefully) be many candidates from the same region, so consider this not as a team exercise but you attempting to be voted into office as the leader of your party.

Voting? Oh, yes. Once the week is almost over, the debate will be declared over and anyone may vote on who they think should become the next leader of the Pokémon world, the Champion, if you will. As with any election, the population will (hopefully) vote for a candidate that they feel best answered the questions put forth to them. Voting will be done by sending a PM to a specially made ballot box account, as you will not be flooding my inbox with votes. I don't have time for that. Voters may only vote for one candidate total, from any party.

So, I think that settles things. If you have any questions, be sure to post in this thread or send The Dark Avenger or myself a VM and we'll do our best to answer.​

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Signing up is simple - just fill out the form below.

Username:
    Region/Party:
    Slogan for your party:

The rest of this post will be used as a filler for anything we need to add, most likely as a list of issues/topics that have been presented thus far. Oh, and contestants.

Regions:

Kanto - Bardothren
    Johto - Kiyoshi the Polar Bear, TheRealOCD, bobandbill, Delta, Chase, Kanzler, Delta
    Hoenn - gio7sm, PokePlayer101, Hoenn
    Sinnoh - Meloetta, Kakarot1212, Absol used bite!, Golurks Were Meant to Fly, BadSheep, Chicken Fingers
    Unova - Forever, Nakuzami, Hikamaru
    Kalos - KiaraKitsune, Archy, Klippy, Dedenne1, GiovanniViridian

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • This sounds brilliantly hysterical.

USERNAME: Kiyoshi the Polar Bear
    REGION: Johto
    SLOGAN: "You have to learn to figuratively speak, before you can physically handle."​

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Username: Forever
    Region/Party: Unova
    Slogan for your party: Make your wonderful dreams a reality.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • This sounds intense

I shall be the bestest leader ever

Username: Nakuzami
    Slogan for your party: To bring people and Pokémon, man and nature, closer in the search for prosperity.​

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • Username: TheRealOCD
    Region/Party: Johto
    Slogan for your party: "Devote yourself entirely, so even that which will fade and disappear is ingrained forever upon your heart and mind! That is the only fate for any human."

Years
  • Username: Hikamaru
    Slogan for your party: "Learn what makes you yourself, because there's always something in the world that makes you unique. Don't ever doubt yourself because everyone has something special."

pkmin3033

Sounds interesting...I'll sign up now, before I get cold feet. Got nothing to lose other than my non-existent pride, after all. xD

Username: Meloetta
    Region/Party: Sinnoh
    Slogan for your party: "Either you run the day, or the day runs you."

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • This is a hella neat idea imo. Idk if I'll have the time to answer everything but I can fill out a form!

Username: bobandbill
    Region/Party: Johto/"The Puppet-master Party"
    Slogan for your party: "Don't catch - control."

Etherion

Region/Party: Hoenn
    Slogan for your party: " *insert cheesy slogan here* "

Zehn

[color=red][font=Foto Serif]Sacred[/font][/color][
    Years
  • Username: Delta
    Party: United Johto party
    Slogan: "United people, United decisions, United Johto"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Username: KiaraKitsune
    Region/Party: Kalos
    Slogan for your party: "If you want a change, then we will fight for it, with all means necessary!"

Last edited:

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Username~Absol Used Bite!
    Party~Sinnoh
    Slogan~Together we are solid. Solid as a rock.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • Username: BadSheep
    Region/Party: Sinnoh
    Slogan for your party: "We want a stable economy and safety, not an immature 10-year old champion."

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    All candidates up to this post have been added! I'll give a few more hours until I start giving out questions, but even after then, people can still sign up.

Sirfetch’d

Region/Party: Johto/The Castform Party
    Slogan for your party: Vote Chase for a Sunny Day

Christos is the best campaign manager

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Doooing this thang.

Username: Klippy
    Region/Party: Kalos / Klippitarian
    Slogan for your party: "This ain't a Klipmocracy, this is a Kliptatorship."

Last edited: