• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Aahhh! I didn't know the filename mattered. Once I applied the patch I changed the name so I wouldn't get confused. I'm guessing this is the issue?

Not really. It's just that most of the times the people use a ROM that contains "Squirrels" on its name because that's known to be a good dump, a ROM that will surely work correctly.

Anyways.. I honestly don't know what could I suggest you. Most likely you did download a bad dump, in which case, try to get a Pokémon Fire Red from a different page and apply the .UPS patch again.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2018
    Not really. It's just that most of the times the people use a ROM that contains "Squirrels" on its name because that's known to be a good dump, a ROM that will surely work correctly.

Anyways.. I honestly don't know what could I suggest you. Most likely you did download a bad dump, in which case, try to get a Pokémon Fire Red from a different page and apply the .UPS patch again.

It was a bad dump. Just found another dump w/ "Squirrels" in the name and it works! Thank you so much for your help!

Years
  • Feast your eyes, ladies and gentlemen!

BETA_12_128.png
    BETA_12_132.png
    BETA_12_133.png
    BETA_12_134.png
    BETA_12_135.png
    BETA_12_154.png
    BETA_12_165.png
    BETA_12_167.png
    BETA_12_168.png

EDIT: More screens!​

BETA_12_169.png
    BETA_12_170.png
    BETA_12_171.png

Last edited:
    Years
  • I hate my life. I found a bud that wont go away and my save is corrupted. I HAVE TO START OVER NOW

(it's inside the cave in route 20 where you meet Articuno. If you go three blocks away from the upper left rock [Near that swimmer] it will move towards you and will either reach you and make the game red and stuck or talk to you and make this long ass dialogue which leads to a faux pokemon fight that makes the rom stuck. I don't know if it's been reported already but just to make sure.)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I hate my life. I found a bud that wont go away and my save is corrupted. I HAVE TO START OVER NOW

(it's inside the cave in route 20 where you meet Articuno. If you go three blocks away from the upper left rock [Near that swimmer] it will move towards you and will either reach you and make the game red and stuck or talk to you and make this long ass dialogue which leads to a faux pokemon fight that makes the rom stuck. I don't know if it's been reported already but just to make sure.)

As sad as it sounds, nothing will be done about it. The development for the Beta 11E has ended long, long ago. Aethestode is focusing on the Beta 12 now and since he's basically remaking every map and script, that bug will surely not be present over there.

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    Is Beta 12 going to be the final version of the game?

No. Beta 12 is a refresh of sorts with the project started over from scratch. IIRC, Beta 12 will only have Kanto, and each subsequent beta will add a new region.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    Hey guys, I want to know if beta 12 includes all of the new regions or revamped kanto only?

MaӾiej

Huge Kida Fan
    Years
  • It kinda sucks we're going back to just Kanto until later updates but it'll also look much better and likely have fewer bugs. Granted, I haven't encountered any aside from bug Pokemon and the issue with Deliah or whatever her name is in the one Orange Islands Pokemon Center.

Last edited:

Hemmo

Hack Lurker
    Years
  • I refuse to believe that you made something so incredibly revolutionary in the Pokemon Hacking community.
    - Level cap to 255
    - Character customisation
    - Beautiful maps
    - Amazing scriptwriting
    - All Pokemon ever PLUS NEW MADE UP ONES
    - 9 Regions

Genuinely, if this is truly made then the advancement this game has made into Pokemon hacking has revolutionized the way people hack forever. If people would be allowed to use the system you've imprinted, hacks will no longer be limited by level capping, or two regions, or characters. What you're doing here, aethestode, has to be the coolest and most well thought out hack in the history of Pokemon hacks. I've always supported you but this has boosted my respect to a new level. Well done.

Years
  • Hello, really nice to see this hack progressing so fast.
    I have a question regarding rebattles. Would it be possible to add rebattles for every pokemon trainer (to battle them as much as one wants) and maybe make the second battle harder?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2018
    Hey Guys!
    I have one question- I was able to teach HM moves replacing one with another ( example- I had dive so I replaced it with strenght and few other times I done same thing). Right now I`m on missing squirtle quest and I cannot do that, I receive message:" HM moves can`t be forggoten now.". Whats the deal?:)

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hey Guys!
    I have one question- I was able to teach HM moves replacing one with another ( example- I had dive so I replaced it with strenght and few other times I done same thing). Right now I`m on missing squirtle quest and I cannot do that, I receive message:" HM moves can`t be forggoten now.". Whats the deal?:)

Aethestode probably forgot to make Dive behave as the rest of the HMs when it comes to forgetting moves.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2018
    Aethestode probably forgot to make Dive behave as the rest of the HMs when it comes to forgetting moves.
    Hi Lunos, thanks for quick reply. But this not the case only with dive. I have tried different moves on different pokemons (dive was example but I have tried with surf and cut as alos with some TM`s to check) and I still have the same info. I have also checked WT on YT at this specific location and there was no problem, so it is something on my end but I`m not sure whta could be the reason.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hi Lunos, thanks for quick reply. But this not the case only with dive. I have tried different moves on different pokemons (dive was example but I have tried with surf and cut as alos with some TM`s to check) and I still have the same info. I have also checked WT on YT at this specific location and there was no problem, so it is something on my end but I`m not sure whta could be the reason.

What I mean is that while you can manually delete Dive, you can't do the same with the rest of the HMs and that's because Aethestode didn't properly implement Dive as a HM.

In any case, the only HM you need for the Lost Squirtle Chapter is Rock Smash iirc, so it's not a big deal.
    Also, as sad as it may sound, the "issue" won't be fixed anyways because the development for the Beta 11E has ended long ago. Aethestode moved onto the Beta 12 a lot of time ago by now.

Last edited:
    Back