• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
The dialogue UI and Pokemon stats box in battles are really well done, hats off to you. I'll have to try it out sometime.

Black The Loner

The Loner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 25, 2018
Lunos I'm new. Please tell me when is the release date of Pokemon Adventure red chapter beta 13 part 2 even if it is not sure

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
when the part 2 will come???
Lunos I'm new. Please tell me when is the release date of Pokemon Adventure red chapter beta 13 part 2 even if it is not sure
As I said before, the beta testing process has already started. There's no way to tell when the Beta 13 Part 2 will come out.
It's definitely close, there's simply no way to make a solid guess.
Wait patiently, that's all there is to it.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 9, 2019
I can't talk with the girl that is on the same island after the kabuto island is collapsed, game crashes everytime

Black The Loner

The Loner
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jun 25, 2018
Oh Can someone tell me why it repeats when I go to Professor Ivy After A lot of things happen The scene just goes around and around when I go to the Exit door of the lab of prof. Ivy it just repeats the scene. Please Help Me

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I can't talk with the girl that is on the same island after the kabuto island is collapsed, game crashes everytime
Beta 11's development has ended a long time ago.
Oh Can someone tell me why it repeats when I go to Professor Ivy After A lot of things happen The scene just goes around and around when I go to the Exit door of the lab of prof. Ivy it just repeats the scene. Please Help Me
That loop is a known issue with the Beta 11. A workaround has been posted in this thread sometime ago:
So, TL;DR...
After defeating Missingno, the "Two Weeks Later" scene will loop. Once it finished playing, create a Cheat Code and type in 82031DBC 0003. Exit Professor Ivy's lab and you will be teleported to Pallet Town. Once there, disable that cheat and teleport to Vermillion Island, then use the blimp to fly to Orange Archipelago. Run directly to the Abra Teleporter in that Island and teleport to Kumquat Island, go to the area where Blue and Green died and see if you're asked to go back to Trivota Island to help Rudy calm down Pokemons. Do just that-- use the Abra Teleporter in Kumquat island to teleport to Tritova Island and help Rudy. From this point, the story will continue as it did the first time, so just continue onwards.

!!!TL;DR WARNING!!! MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ENTER VALENCIA ISLAND'S POKEMON CENTER UNTIL YOU HELP RUDY, BEAT DELIA, BEAT TEAM ROCKET, FIGHT GREEN, FIGHT BLUE, AND ENTER PROFESSOR IVY'S LAB TO FIND HER UNCONSCIOUS. IT IS ONLY AFTER YOU FIND PROFESSOR IVY UNCONSCIOUS THAT YOU CAN ENTER THE POKEMON CENTER IN VALENCIA ISLAND WITHOUT GOING THROUGH ANOTHER LOOP. IF YOU SEE DELIA IN THAT POKEMON CENTER AFTERWARDS, JUST FIGHT HER AND CHECK IN THE UPPER LEVEL TO SEE IF ASH IS IN THE BED. IF HE IS, JUST CONTINUE THROUGH THE STORY, BUT IF NOT THEN JUST LEAVE THE ISLAND AND CONTINUE PAST KUMQUAT ISLAND

I hope this is helpful, but if you have any questions, just send me a message and I'll see what I can do to help.
Source.
EDIT: It's not a full-fledged guide, but it's the closest I've seen on this thread so I guess I'm gonna add it to the main post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 7, 2018
Ok, so I have saved inside of the abandoned safe house in the safari zone. Now everytime that I defeat the victorebell there and try to interact with its sprite in order to progress my game crashes

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2018
Hi, I found this hack rom about a month ago, and I have to say this is by far my favorite hack.

With that said, I have few questions regarding to it.

I recently found this hack, but it looks like it was worked on years ago. i would like to know about the history of how it started and how it advanced. Is there a way for me to learn about it?

I'm a bit confused on the what is available, what was available, and what will be available. I understand that beta 13 part 1 goes to the volcanic badge of the story. I was wondering why part 11 has more content progression (it says it had whole Kanto and 2 other regions). Also, it looks like you are planning to make many many regions. I wanted to know the rough future plan on how fast it would be worked on and when it would finish.

It also says that there will be many playable characters, but I can't find a way to change character. I'm assuming that the playable characters are being worked on? It also looks like currently beta 13 has gen 1 characters mostly. I'm assuming other gen pokemons will be available on their respective regions?

It really looks like this hack is filled with ton of dedication and love. Coming in late, I was just really overwhelmed with so many things that I didn't know where to start in terms of learning about this game.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm a bit confused on the what is available, what was available, and what will be available.
What was available (Beta 11): Kanto Region, Orange Islands, Sevii Islands, Mirage Tower and a bit of the Hoenn Region.
What is available (Beta 13): More than half of the Kanto Region.
What will be available: See the main post.
I was wondering why part 11 has more content progression (it says it had whole Kanto and 2 other regions).
After Beta 11, Aethestode decided to scrap everything and start from 0 due to issues with the flags and because the Beta 11 probably didn't fit his vision for Red Chapter. He made changes to the tilesets, the maps and the scripts.
This restarted version of Red Chapter was called the Beta 12. Beta 13 is the continuation of said reboot.
That's why there's less content than in the Beta 11.
Also, it looks like you are planning to make many many regions. I wanted to know the rough future plan on how fast it would be worked on and when it would finish.
There are no ETAs. Aethestode works at his own pace and, when he can focus all his attention in Red Chapter, he can pour into the hack a considerable amount of work.
However, life isn't simple, issues sometimes arise and Aethestode is a human being just like any of us.
So yeah, there's simply no way to tell when a release will happen and there's definitely no way to tell when will the ROM Hack be finished, if Aethestode ever gets around finishing it.
It also says that there will be many playable characters, but I can't find a way to change character. I'm assuming that the playable characters are being worked on?
You cannot change your character at will. However, you can control other characters like Blue or Green at specific moments of the plot. For example, when you reach Lavender Town a prompt will appear asking if you want to play a small segment with Green and another one shows up soon after you reach Celadon City in which you'll see a part of the plot from Blue's point of view.
It also looks like currently beta 13 has gen 1 characters mostly. I'm assuming other gen pokemons will be available on their respective regions?
Yes, more than likely. I think we'll probably see some other pokémon from previous regions in the new ones though. It wouldn't be weird to find Pidgeys and Rattatas in certain routes of Johto, after all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Wow! I played this hack back in beta 2.6, amazing to see how far it's come! This is such an ambitious project, I'm really stunned and looking forward to the final product!

AdilPlayzCR

YouTube Content Creator
Years
I am posting in this thread after 4 years with my new account and I have a lot of questions to ask. Is Aethestode working on Beta 12 along with Beta 13 (Part 2)? Is he gonna release them by 2019? Who is Lunos? Is he just a moderator of this thread, partner of Aethestode or secretly the real Aethestode? I am sorry if my questions are bothering anyone.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Is Aethestode working on Beta 12 along with Beta 13 (Part 2)?
Beta 12 was already released at some point of 2016 or so and it was a way to restart the whole hack, as it was explained some posts ago.
Is he gonna release them by 2019?
No ETAs.
Who is Lunos?
I'm currently taking care of this thread because Aethestode simply doesn't feel like visiting PokeCommunity anymore.
I've been here since the Beta 10 or so.
Is he just a moderator of this thread, partner of Aethestode or secretly the real Aethestode?
I'm the current owner of this thread. I am not one of Aethestode's partners as far as developing this hack goes and I am also not involved directly with the hack's development.
I don't think there's a need to clarify this because it's pretty obvious at first sight, but I AM NOT Aethestode.
I'm way too lazy to create a ROM Hack.

Back