• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • I using a Pre-Patched ROM.
    Well then, there's your problem. You're clearly using a ROM patched with one of the first versions of the Beta 14 Part 1.
    Apply the patch of the Beta 14.5 over a Clean Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 ROM, and consider to stop relying on shady/possibly ad-filled pages that share Pre-Patched ROMs of Hacks without the consent of their creators (the big majority of them do this).
    Seriously, the practice is not cool and supporting those that do it is not cool either.

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • I hope I'm not the 100th person to ask this but will 14.5 be compatible with future releases or would it be preferred if I just wait cor beta 15 to come out? Thanks!

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • I hope I'm not the 100th person to ask this but will 14.5 be compatible with future releases or would it be preferred if I just wait cor beta 15 to come out? Thanks!
    There is no way to know. No one knows when Aethestode could make a savefile breaking change, like it happened in the transition from Beta 13 Part 1 to Bera 13 Part 2, or in the transition from the Beta 13 Part 2 to the Beta 14 Part 1.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    I use OpenEMU and have never had a problem with any other game. Is there a hack that I can use to be able to walk through walls just for that part?

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • Using mGBA to play ROM Hacks is a terrible idea. 2 more people have already gone through the same issue in the last 1 or 2 pages.

ON:
    BETA_14_03.png
    BETA_14_06.png
    BETA_14_07.png
    BETA_14_10.png

BETA_14_23.png
    BETA_14_28.png
    BETA_14_29.png

I'm sorry, but making a romhack that is emulator-specific in this day and age is just silly. Especially when the emulator you need is VBA, which is deader than dead.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2020
    When buying the TM 23 Iron tail in the Celadon City game corner i got TM 23 Rock throw. playing beta 14.5

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • When buying the TM 23 Iron tail in the Celadon City game corner i got TM 23 Rock throw. playing beta 14.5
    Already reported inside the Discord server. That TM is actually Rock Throw in every single aspect.
    It looks like Aethestode simply forgot to replace the text string in that one script at Celadon Corner's Prize Exchange building.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2022
    Is there a list of moves that the various Eeveelutons learn? I tried looking but couldn't find one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2022
    Sir is all the fakemon (dex, media, beta, fusion, alternate forms, fake, urban, orange archipelago foms, and shadow) obtainable? , and is shadow mega mewtwo x and maybe shadow mewtwo y is obtainable?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Is there a list of moves that the various Eeveelutons learn? I tried looking but couldn't find one.
    All the guides that were written for this hack are linked in the main post.
    With that being said, no, there isn't a learnset guide for any of the fakemons introduced in this hack.
    Sir is all the fakemon (dex, media, beta, fusion, alternate forms, fake, urban, orange archipelago foms, and shadow) obtainable? , and is shadow mega mewtwo x and maybe shadow mewtwo y is obtainable?
    No. The hack is still in development and the majority of the fakemon and formes shown in the sprite sheets at the main post were not introduced in the game yet.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2020
    Hello you guys.
    I'm playing at Chapter Goodbye Steve
    I just wanna have a question that how long to the night to keep coutinue that mission ?
    Thank you

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Especially when the emulator you need is VBA, which is deader than dead.

Really? 10 years and it's dead already? Then what emulator should we use then?

Then again VBA doesn't allow me to save GBA Pokemon hacks, GB/GBC saving works fine

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2019
    Hey sorry if this is a stupid question but I know the story ends after freak show so are Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and the other regions listed as in the game not playable at this point? Or are they in and no story written for them? Or are they only in older versions?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hey sorry if this is a stupid question but I know the story ends after freak show so are Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, and the other regions listed as in the game not playable at this point? Or are they in and no story written for them? Or are they only in older versions?

They're not in the game yet, but a part of town was in beta 11e

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Really? 10 years and it's dead already? Then what emulator should we use then?
    Then again VBA doesn't allow me to save GBA Pokemon hacks, GB/GBC saving works fine
    VBA has been dead for years. On the other hand, VBA-M is still being updated but it sucks quite a lot, in my opinion.

As for your problem with VBA, you probably have set the wrong Save Type.
    By default it's Flash 64K, you have to set it to Flash 128K instead.
    wF6YVa6.png

Beta 14 Part 1 does not include Johto, Hoenn or Sinnoh, that is correct.
    Whether Aethestode has already planned the story for those regions is currently unknown.
    Back in Beta 11 you were able to visit a chunk of the Hoenn Region, although there wasn't much to do over there. Johto and Sinnoh were not accessible.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • VBA has been dead for years. On the other hand, VBA-M is still being updated but it sucks quite a lot, in my opinion.

As for your problem with VBA, you probably have set the wrong Save Type.
    By default it's Flash 64K, you have to set it to Flash 128K instead.
    wF6YVa6.png

OK i try, thank you

Update

Meh still isn't working, i have VBA version 1.8.0-beta 3

Last edited:
    Back