• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Green's Dyna Suit which I didn't post before because making a post for a single sprite felt like a bit too much, and a bit of foreshadowing.
    Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Red123456789

Pixel
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    You know how you're supposed to save Grey in the Orange Islands from Team Rocket(Only to see him killed two seconds later...)? Well he says that he dropped HM Whirlpool when he was attacked. Where did he drop it? Also, my Swampert knows Whirlpool without using the HM, however, this won't let me cross the whirlpools. Was this an overlook, or does the game force you to get the HM first?

Red123456789

Pixel
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    You might not be using a clean version of the base rom before you patched the games.

Check the Miscellaneous section on the first page to get a tutorial for patching rom hacks if you don't know how to patch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    You know how you're supposed to save Grey in the Orange Islands from Team Rocket(Only to see him killed two seconds later...)? Well he says that he dropped HM Whirlpool when he was attacked. Where did he drop it?
    Who knows. You won't be getting Whirlpool until Trovita Island so it doesn't really matter. It's just a part of the storyline.
    Also, my Swampert knows Whirlpool without using the HM, however, this won't let me cross the whirlpools. Was this an overlook, or does the game force you to get the HM first?
    You probably need to get the HM first, yeah. Otherwise you'd be able to access areas you're not supposed to before it's the right time to access them.
    using vba changed it to 128k and automatic in save type and it still goes to while screen
    You're not trying to open the .ups patch in VBA, right?
    It's hard to help you if you don't give specific information and what you're doing.

You have guides on how to apply .ups patches in the main post, so if you don't know how to apply patches, there's that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2021
    Is there a list of new evolutions or how to get new pokemon, i want gorochu and have absolutely no idea how to get it

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    Hello Poke community,

I finish the Chapter 25 - Pokemon Association. I check the walkthrough it is completed. However I found 2 reasons that the next chapter will continue, but I do not know how to continue:

+ Martha and Fartha laid down in Pumello island, block the way to move on. What is waiting for us in this direction?

+ Come back to Kanto and I reliaze that Ramuh the Teleporter disappear. Come back to Pallet Town as soon as possible, I can not find anyone in this town. Go to pokemon center and Joy said Rocket team is back. How can I find Rocket team once more?

If anyone go through this chapter, plz give me some guildline.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    + Martha and Fartha laid down in Pumello island, block the way to move on. What is waiting for us in this direction?
    Back in the Beta 11, Pumello Island and Impel Down were that way. They're optional areas.
    If they see a return, it'll be in the upcoming expansion. The plot of Pumello Island happens at its north, not its east.
    + Come back to Kanto and I reliaze that Ramuh the Teleporter disappear. Come back to Pallet Town as soon as possible, I can not find anyone in this town. Go to pokemon center and Joy said Rocket team is back. How can I find Rocket team once more?

If anyone go through this chapter, plz give me some guildline.
    Are you sure that you're playing on the latest version available (Beta 15.4) with a clean savefile?
    If you're using a Pre-Patched ROM, I'd highly suggest you not to.

ON:

Last edited:

Red123456789

Pixel
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2021
    Who knows. You won't be getting Whirlpool until Trovita Island so it doesn't really matter. It's just a part of the storyline.

Then how do I continue the story? I still can't clear the barricades at The Mikan Island Team Rocket Base.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Then how do I continue the story? I still can't clear the barricades at The Mikan Island Team Rocket Base.
    What barricades? If you fought Cissy and escaped the Team Rocket Headquarters in Mikan Island, your next goal is Kinkan Island by going to the north of Mikan Island and then all the way to the east.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    Back in the Beta 11, Pumello Island and Impel Down were that way. They're optional areas.
    If they see a return, it'll be in the upcoming expansion. The plot of Pumello Island happens at its north, not its east.

Are you sure that you're playing on the latest version available (Beta 15.4) with a clean savefile?
    If you're using a Pre-Patched ROM, I'd highly suggest you not to.

@Lunos:

So the story will be continue in next version? Because I saw video on youtube that they have mega evolution in this game, however I can not find any mega stones. And I have not go to the chapter in your picture.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    @Lunos:

So the story will be continue in next version? Because I saw video on youtube that they have mega evolution in this game, however I can not find any mega stones. And I have not go to the chapter in your picture.
    Mega Evolutions are implemented code-wise, but you can't get a Keystone nor the Mega Stones.
    They were implemented as permanent evolutions back in the Beta 11.

In any case, the story of the Orange Archipelago IS finished in the Beta 15.4, so if you still haven't won the Orange Cup, you have to do that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2021
    One more question. I send my Swampert level 54 to Day care center, however when I receive his level is 0. Any bugs happened, please check this version (I do not have enough post to upload the picture)
    And about the egg in game, how it become a Pokémon. I walk with the egg for long distance, but it is still the egg

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    One more question. I send my Swampert level 54 to Day care center, however when I receive his level is 0. Any bugs happened, please check this version (I do not have enough post to upload the picture)
    The Daycare is very buggy. You shouldn't use it.
    And about the egg in game, how it become a Pokémon. I walk with the egg for long distance, but it is still the egg
    Just walk more. The amount of walking steps required to hatch an egg depends on the species inside of it.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    the file is called 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels).gba the non patched one
    Yeah, that one's fine. Then get the Beta 15.4 .ups patch from the main post, NUPS Patcher and apply the patch normally. There's instructions in the main post's Miscellaneous Information section if you need them.
    Alternatively, instead of NUPS Patcher you can use ROM Patcher JS.

Back