• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
Years
  • Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

That means you will make the whole thing again on another rom?

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2019
    I'm on orange archipelago and is the development till kinkow island? I can't swim past that, also 1 more question,:-
    When I download new updated beta file, how can I load my saved game there?

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
    Years
  • I'm on orange archipelago and is the development till kinkow island? I can't swim past that, also 1 more question,:-
    You need to patch the .ups file into a clean fire red rom and replace the existing saved file with the new one by renaming the new file
    Suppose your old file's name was adventure-red
    New file's name is fire-red
    So after patching, rename fire-red and name it adventure-red
    Hope i am able to explain
    i suck at explaining.

Last edited:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • That means you will make the whole thing again on another rom?
    1) I am not Aethestode.

2) No. That would just use the exact same amount of space after all.
    What he'll probably have to do is to grab the same ROM he's been working on so far, and modify the maps and scripts as he sees fit.
    As long as there is at least 1 common map between both ROMs, and if both have the same amount of data in terms of items, pokémon and such, in theory, it should be possible to load the savefile from the first ROM on the second one, and keep playing on that second ROM from there on.
    I'm on orange archipelago and is the development till kinkow island? I can't swim past that, also 1 more question,:-
    1) Yes, Kinnow Island is the end of the Beta 14 Part 1.
    2) Exact same method you'd normally use to retain your savefile between versions.
    You grab the .sav file, put it in the same folder where the newly patched ROM is, make sure both (the ROM and the savefile) have the same filename, and that's it.

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Seen today
    ... how could the cries be so huge? Isn't it because you set too high sampling frequency? IMO dividing a hack into 2 ROMs is really a bad idea.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    I have defeated fusion pokemon of legendary bird trio.I am in cerulean city now.When i try to go past the slowpokes to chase the lake monster pokemons there are two guys who dont say anything and wont allow me to pass.how can i go past them

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2019
    I am in cerulean city after defeating team rocket and legendary bird trio fusion.I try to go to cerulean north sector but there are two guys who wont allow me to pass.how can i go past them

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2019
    I wanted to ask about if one Pokémon in particular is going to be in the game, and that's about the ultra beast ngandeel the poison dragon Pokémon

Years
  • Hey guys it's been so long since i've been here glad to see this game is still going i'm wondering is there a fix for the real time thing yet i checked on the first page it only has a fix for the last version now the time is frozen at 00:00:00

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Hey guys it's been so long since i've been here glad to see this game is still going i'm wondering is there a fix for the real time thing yet i checked on the first page it only has a fix for the last version now the time is frozen at 00:00:00
    The fix in the main post only works on mGBA, and supposedly, on real hardware too.
    If you're using any other emulator, make sure you have the RTC enabled in its settings.

Also, you SHOULD be playing the latest version, so I don't understand the last bit of your post.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • So my question is neglected :deepthink:
    I am not Aethestode, I didn't make this hack, I don't know the answer to your question and as I mentioned a couple of times in this thread previously, Aethestode doesn't come here too often, if he comes at all anymore.
    Any questions you want to ask him directly should be posted inside the Discord server. This is not a good place for that.

For what it's worth, because of the insane amount of content that is planned for this hack (hint: check the main post), using more than a single ROM was impossible to avoid probably. It was a matter of "when" that point was going to be reached, not "if".

Last edited:

jiangzhengwenjzw

now working on katam
    Years
    • Seen today
    I am not Aethestode, I didn't make this hack, I don't know the answer to your question and as I mentioned a couple of times in this thread previously, Aethestode doesn't come here too often, if he comes at all anymore.
    Any questions you want to ask him directly should be posted inside the Discord server. This is not a good place for that.

For what it's worth, because of the insane amount of content that is planned for this hack (hint: check the main post), using more than a single ROM was impossible to avoid probably. It was a matter of "when" that point was going to be reached, not "if".

I killed my discord account recently (that's why I didn't appear in pokecommunity server rom-hacking channel these days). IDK how PCM data is stored in the ROM, but usually if you decrease the quality, tons of space can be saved. For a regular *.wav file, if you double the sampling frequency, the file size will also be doubled.

Adding cries took up half of ROM
    From here didn't he mean the data amount is ~ 16MB... That's why I think he can save tons of space here.

(Need to be tested for a real cry tho)

Last edited:
    Years
  • The fix in the main post only works on mGBA, and supposedly, on real hardware too.
    If you're using any other emulator, make sure you have the RTC enabled in its settings.

Also, you SHOULD be playing the latest version, so I don't understand the last bit of your post.
    i am playing the latest version that fix is for the last version so not sure if it works for this one

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • i am playing the latest version that fix is for the last version so not sure if it works for this one
    I guess you meant to say "previous" on the latter part.
    Anyway, to answer your question, I remember a Discord user mentioning a few weeks ago that it does work, but I can't find the message right now so I might be misremembering.
    As long as the patch doesn't use free space that was used by the hack for other stuff, things should be working just fine.
    I suggest you to make a backup of your ROM and your savefile, apply the patch and test it out.

Years
  • I guess you meant to say "previous" on the latter part.
    Anyway, to answer your question, I remember a Discord user mentioning a few weeks ago that it does work, but I can't find the message right now so I might be misremembering.
    As long as the patch doesn't use free space that was used by the hack for other stuff, things should be working just fine.
    I suggest you to make a backup of your ROM and your savefile, apply the patch and test it out.

Ok I'll try it

I guess you meant to say "previous" on the latter part.

thanks it works

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2019
    Hi guys, i have a question:
    I have corps 6 (the seadra ghost/water that you can catch in lavender tower), can it evolve? if so, how?

Sorry for my english

Back