• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2022

Warning: Some of the content implemented in this ROM Hack may be considered unfit for kids. You have been warned.
    Warning: Support for cheats is not offered in this thread.

IMPORTANT Thread for Adventure Red Volume 2

Pokémon Adventure - Red Chapter NEW BETA + EXPANSION

Pokémon Adventures - Red Chapter
    A Pokémon Fire Red v1.0 hack created by Aethestode

Story

This hack is an adaptation of the Pokémon Adventures/Special Manga, in the eyes of Red.
    It follows the story of this trainer from Pallet Town, as he embarks on his own Pokémon Journey.

The story of this hack is divided in Chapters.
    Spoiler:

Features

Screenshots

Every update for the hack is being posted in this thread almost as soon as they are posted in the Discord Server: https://discord.gg/2UQuhfP
    If you want to see a post that includes all the updates released since the Beta 13, please click right here to check the Special Updates Post!

Credits

• Aethestode - Creator and sole developer of this hack, and designer of various sprites as well.
    • MrDollSteak - Gen. 3 ROM Base
    • DoesntKnowHowToPlay - ASM Routines
    • Darthatron - B2/W2 Repel System
    • Peetzaahhh - Pokémon Logo
    • Jambo51 - ASM Routines
    • JPAN - Hacked Engine
    • Danzen the real 1 - Sprite
    • Soloo993 - Trainer Sprites
    • Thedarkdragon11 - Gen. 7 Sprites
    • Computer Max/CompuMax - Coloured Badges
    • xSky - Spriting
    • C067912881 - Spriting
    • Blizzard - Spriting
    • Xerxes - Spriting
    • Umbralwisp - Spriting
    • Makotto - Spriting
    • LeParagon - Spriting
    • Suzierain - Orangean Beldum's design
    • TheCraigadile - Gorochu's sprite
    • Ruki - HP Bar
    • jiangzhengwenjzw - Mugshots, EV-IV Screen and Extra Movement Code
    • Naren Jr - Pokémon Menu
    • il1dan - Pokémon Type Icons
    • Diegoisawesome - GBA BIOS issue fix
    • Lunos - Grammar and Punctuation
    • DarkDestroyer - Grammar and Punctuation
    • KingofNoobs - Grammar and Punctuation
    • CM-sS - Grammar and Punctuation
    • DarkCacos - Grammar and Punctuation
    • PokemonAce123 - Grammar and Punctuation
    • Valezio - Grammar and Punctuation
    • Yami - Grammar and Punctuation
    • FBI - Team Swapping
    • Endrift - mGBA Real-Time Clock Fix
    • Avara - Format Template

Guides

Beta 13 and Beyond
    -Obtainable Pokémon List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WcKaGmYA
    -Side Chapter Starting Point Guide written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/WtExUR1B
    -TMs and HMs Location List written by Lunos: https://pastebin.com/2eMXGhqy[/size]
    -Eeveevolutions' Base Stats and Abilities written by ghfrc#0701: https://pastebin.com/vkZ4j2dQ
    -Walkthrough of the game written by Allen Ceedos: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZTYng5N-3jPWGsYh-2-xneQyPp9JJSwl/view
    -Type Effectiveness Chart made by ghfrc#0701: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=10032807&postcount=14862

Beta 11
    -Valencia Island Loop Workaround written by DonutHead: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9675231&postcount=10840

Downloads

Latest Version

Beta 15 + Expansion FIX C
    Below is the latest Beta 15 patch (5th October, 2020)
    This version contains the Kanto Region and the Orange Archipelago + The Beginning of Elite Four
    This will be the final major update for Red Chapter Vol 1. Any future updates will be strictly on squashing Gamebreaking bugs. Vol 2 is under development. Patch onto a clean FireRed 1.0 run and start a new game.
    NOTE: Patch onto a clean FireRed Rom and start a new savefile.
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/bh9bnlx8sl8z6jl/Beta_15_%252B_Expansion_Fix_Patch_C.ups/file

Deprecated Versions
    Note: The following releases are old. They're no longer being developed and, naturally, are no longer supported either.

Beta 14
    Below is the latest Beta 14 patch (January 30, 2019)
    This version contains the Kanto Region and a slice of the Orange Archipelago (From Valencia Island to Kinnow Island).
    NOTE: BETA 13 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
    Click here to download.

Beta 13
    Below is the latest Beta 13 patch (June 25, 2018)
    This version contains the Kanto Region.
    NOTE: BETA 12 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
    Click here to download.

Beta 12
    Below is the latest Beta 12 patch (April 30, 2016)
    This version marked a new start for the hack, as development was restarted in a new ROM.
    It contains a slice of the Kanto Region (From Pallet Town to Lavender Town).
    NOTE: BETA 11 SAVEFILES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE. YOU HAVE TO START A NEW SAVEFILE.
    Click here to download.

Beta 11
    Below is the latest Beta 11 patch (November 30, 2015)
    This version contains the Kanto Region, the Orange Archipelago, the Sevii Islands, a bit of the Hoenn Region and an original area called Mirage Tower.
    Click here to download.

Miscellaneous Information

Real-Time Clock Fix (mGBA)
    This patch allows the Real-Time Clock implemented in this hack to work on certain emulators like mGBA.
    Click here to download.

Real-Time Clock Fix (VBA-M)
    Note: These instructions were added here for the Beta 14's sake. The ROM for the Beta 15 does not work on VBA-M, and it's highly encouraged not to use it.
    These instructions allow the Real-Time Clock implemented in this hack to work on VisualBoyAdvance-M.
    Click here to read.

How to apply a patch
    These instructions will help you to play this ROM Hack.
    Click here to read.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Spoiler:

Support

You can support the hack by adding one of the following banners to your user signature!

Thread for Adventure Red Volume 2

Are the other chapters currently available?In the beta 15 since its the latest version

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2021
    so now the part 1 is complete? i can play it without problem of lose my progress in a future update?

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2021
    Is it possible to download this on eclipse emulator on iPhone if so what is the step by step way to do it

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2022
    I juat started playing this game. And i was on chapter 19 meeting articuno. I got hm surf and tried to explore outside the power plant where zapdos bonus chapter was. I was shocked to see level 150 rayquaza when my pokemon average level was 30. Btw i caught it full hp using ultra balls. Now i feel like a cheater, is it normal to get legendaries here without finishing the poke league?

Years
  • I juat started playing this game. And i was on chapter 19 meeting articuno. I got hm surf and tried to explore outside the power plant where zapdos bonus chapter was. I was shocked to see level 150 rayquaza when my pokemon average level was 30. Btw i caught it full hp using ultra balls. Now i feel like a cheater, is it normal to get legendaries here without finishing the poke league?

Spoiler:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I haven't been following this hack all that closely, but I figure it's better late than never to try it out. I do have some questions though, mostly regarding the context of it's status. It's been effectively completed/cancelled right? With the only planned updates being bugfixes, as well as a separate Vol. 2 in the works but with RPG Maker. So what, if anything, is left unfinished and abandoned? It said something about the beginning of the Elite Four, so does that mean there's an Elite Four arc or something that's going to be left unfinished? Or is it a finished something that refers to the beginning of the Elite Four in a lore sense? The Side Chapters labelled Joyful World and New Hope are marked yellow and red respectively, if that's up to date, that means Joyful World is still able to be started but never finished, and New Hope isn't making it in at all? And the list of planned chapters and regions are for sure being cut from vol. 1, but can we expect them to instead be included in future volumes starting with vol. 2? There are RTC patches but they seem outdated, so I'm assuming the latest version is already functional on that front? What exactly is this Expansion anyway? Is there an up to date list on all currently known bugs? Are all the listed features like costumes already implemented or did any features get cut before making it in? Are there any emulator-specific problems or can it be reliably played on any of them, like mGBA?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2022
    Hi All, I think I encounter a glitch of some sort? I just did the Eeveelution mission and evolved into a Glaceon, but Glaceon will not learn Ice Beam or Hail from a TM....stating they are incompatible.

d4rk

Oh my Arceus!
    Years
  • hey guys, I've had a patch problem, when I patch it, I have a blank screen.
    I know sharing roms is forbidden but can someone guide me through with a rom version name?
    I've had the Fire Red squirrels and the fire red usa, also the fire red usa v1.1, none of them did work... thanks..

edit: also what's up with the multiple symbols in the type chart, the grey -filled square, blue "+", etc.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Are there any other moves that something differently from their description (not talking about their Fire Red counterparts, but really what this rom hack says in the move description)? Growth says it raises ATK and Sp.ATK, but I quickly discovered it actually sharply raises them (its Sunny Day effect in the official games, but without Sunny Day in play). Makes me wonder if I passed up on a move that's better than expected.

Years
  • Are there any other moves that something differently from their description (not talking about their Fire Red counterparts, but really what this rom hack says in the move description)? Growth says it raises ATK and Sp.ATK, but I quickly discovered it actually sharply raises them (its Sunny Day effect in the official games, but without Sunny Day in play). Makes me wonder if I passed up on a move that's better than expected.

Perhaps your Pokémon has the ability Simple, or Simple Beam has been used on it before you used Growth.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    No, it was just Bulbasaur with the regular Overgrow ability, so unless Overgrow is changed to double Growth's effect (even at full health), that isn't it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2022
    hey guys, I've had a patch problem, when I patch it, I have a blank screen.
    I know sharing roms is forbidden but can someone guide me through with a rom version name?
    I've had the Fire Red squirrels and the fire red usa, also the fire red usa v1.1, none of them did work... thanks..

edit: also what's up with the multiple symbols in the type chart, the grey -filled square, blue "+", etc.

I had this same issue. NUPS, tsukuyomi_v01, Rom Patcher JS will show no errors, but when I try to load it with VisualBoyAdvance, I just get a white screen. No$GBA works.

Back